David Boston Reality Check | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

David Boston Reality Check

dolfanmark said:
2002- Arrested in March for operating under the influence of marijuana and cocaine, found with 2 bags of cocaine in his car. Season ends when he suffers 2 tears in his right patellar tendon. Earlier in the season, was not 100% because he was nursing an injury to the Lis Franc tendon in his foot.

2003- Boston is suspended for 1 game for conduct detrimental to the team. His personality clashes with team coaches, including head coach Schottenheimer, leads to his being traded to the Dolphins for a 6th round pick and Jamar Fletcher, with San Diego willing to eat more than $6M in salary.

2004- Boston misses 3 days of QB School due to a shin injury that the Dolphins blame on Boston being "heavier than he needs to be." In the first week of training camp, Boston tears his left patellar tendon and is lost for the season. In October, Boston is arrested on assault charges. In December, Boston is suspended by the NFL for violating their steroid policy.

If David Boston is healthy, happy, and off drugs (including steroids), then he's likely to make a major impact for the Dolphins. But, it would be extremely optimistic to count on Boston to do anything but cause disappointment. That's what his track record is. This could be a fantastic signing. But, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Dont forget he was suspended from highschool for skipping a day. :)

Personally I dont care what he does as long as he comes out and plays good next year. If he can stay healthy he has the possibility of being a very strong reciever in the NFL and a great player to have opposite Chris. If he does get hurt, its not like he is breaking the bank.

Its obvious that he wants to be a Fin, he worked hard last year and did everything asked of him and got hurt, happens to the best players, hopefully he can keep his head into it this year and stay healthy.

dolfanmark said:
2002- Arrested in March for operating under the influence of marijuana and cocaine, found with 2 bags of cocaine in his car. Season ends when he suffers 2 tears in his right patellar tendon. Earlier in the season, was not 100% because he was nursing an injury to the Lis Franc tendon in his foot.

2003- Boston is suspended for 1 game for conduct detrimental to the team. His personality clashes with team coaches, including head coach Schottenheimer, leads to his being traded to the Dolphins for a 6th round pick and Jamar Fletcher, with San Diego willing to eat more than $6M in salary.

2004- Boston misses 3 days of QB School due to a shin injury that the Dolphins blame on Boston being "heavier than he needs to be." In the first week of training camp, Boston tears his left patellar tendon and is lost for the season. In October, Boston is arrested on assault charges. In December, Boston is suspended by the NFL for violating their steroid policy.

If David Boston is healthy, happy, and off drugs (including steroids), then he's likely to make a major impact for the Dolphins. But, it would be extremely optimistic to count on Boston to do anything but cause disappointment. That's what his track record is. This could be a fantastic signing. But, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Funny how you conveniently omit how he got his weight down from 250 to 224 for us.......how he was tearing everyone up in training camp and the Texans secondary in intrasquad scrimmaging. How he got along with his new teammates and chose to train with them as opposed to alone with is trainer only. Point not taken.

Well since the KC D cant tackle, thats the only way they can stop him.

Nublar7 said:
The only real place Bills fans gather is Bills Zone. Once you visit that site you can see why they keep coming here.

Send a link for that sad site :)

dolfanmark said:
Actually, he didn't lose weight. He showed up at QB School in May about 15 pounds heavier than the Dolphins said they wanted him to weigh. He wound up injuring his shin, and missed 3 days of workouts, and the coaching staff blamed it on his extra weight. Also, did the organization ask him to assault an airport guard and use steroids?

It wasn't steroids.

Also, do you have a link for your story?

All of you people who want to talk about Bostons character issues and how hes a cancer for the team, etc. think about this...do you REALLY think Saban is going to bring in a guy who is a potential problem? Just ask yourself THAT. Saban so far has done NOTHING but GREAT things for this organization...im sure that Boston was not welcomed back before the 2 of them had a long talk...the roids are over, he has to be willing to mature...and learn the system. Im SURE that he was given those circumstances...if you dont want to listen to me then just TRUST SABAN

Dolfan1000 said:
Yay. More pessimists who feel the need to post ANOTHER Boston thread.

Why not give the guy the benefit of the doubt, shut your trap about the past, and maybe give him some credit. What do you have against the guy? He has been a productive #1 in this league (Yes, a pro-bowler even) so how can anyone find a negative in a CHEAP contract that gives us a potent WR group? Mind-boggling..

No Crap! the ceap contract is worth the moderat risk, imo.

Why does everyone think Boston will be a headcase? Sure, he was at one point, but he doesn't have the talent to be a headcase. In San Diego he was a prolific receiver like TO, or randy moss. Now hes just another average receiver at best. We were the only club willing to sign him to the vets min. it looks like. He knows he has to be on his best behavior, and he signed a 1 year deal so he can show other clubs he can still play, and get the big pay day next year.

dolfanmark said:
I'm not a pessimist. It's called being a realist. People are treating this signing like it makes us an offensive juggernaut. Realistically, we have no idea if David Boston can be half the receiver he was, now that he's blown out patellar tendons in both knees. And even if healthy, it's about a 50-50 shot at best that he makes it through the season without causing a disruption in the team. And finally, how is Boston going to react if he winds up being the #3 WR? He doesn't strike me as a real "team" kind of guy. There is virtually no risk in signing a talent like Boston to a cheap contract. The potential payoff is huge. All I'm saying is be realistic, and temper your expectations.

His patellar tendon was not "blown out".It was a partial tear. Very BIG difference.
Please, do everyone a favor and resume the Prozac

Mod Note: That closing line is a personal attack. Personal attacks are not allowed here. You will be allowed here in twenty-four hours. Use the time off to review the house rules.

P4E

David "the best player in the world who will never play a single snap for the Dolphins" Boston is a guy who had a couple of good seasons and has lived off of that reputation ever since. I think he wont even make it until the regular season.

enigmatics said:
Funny how you conveniently omit how he got his weight down from 250 to 224 for us.......how he was tearing everyone up in training camp and the Texans secondary in intrasquad scrimmaging. How he got along with his new teammates and chose to train with them as opposed to alone with is trainer only. Point not taken.

WOW! Cocaine and marijuana charges, assault charges...but wait, he was the hero at the local Weight Watchers class so we better hurry up and sign him, that weight loss shows what a classy guy he is. I am amazed at the crap people will put up with if they feel it benefits them.

Wishfishin said:
WOW! Cocaine and marijuana charges, assault charges...but wait, he was the hero at the local Weight Watchers class so we better hurry up and sign him, that weight loss shows what a classy guy he is. I am amazed at the crap people will put up with if they feel it benefits them.
I agree about not liking his history. Frankly this is his last shot in the NFL as I see it. I mean he couldn't even get a deal with the 49'rs. If he pans out well sign me up for the fan club, but unlikely he will.

Wishfishin said:

Did you read the link I posted for you earlier in this thread? There are worse on the Dolphins as of right now.

Back
Top Bottom