David Boston? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

David Boston?

phinphanbill

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Apparently San Diego is shopping the top pick in the draft and Pittsburgh may bite. They are offering Plaxico Burress and their own first round pick. They are also taking offers for Drew Brees.

So how do the Dolphins fit in? First, the Chargers plan to chase Mark Brunell in the free agency period. Add them to the potential Brunell suitors that will be driving his price up. Second, with Burress on the roster they plan to release David Boston (possibly). The same David Boston that flourished under now Dolphins WR Coach Jerry Sullivan in Arizona.

Would we have any interest in putting him opposite Chris Chambers?

http://football.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

But David Boston's contract was designed to enable the Chargers to get out from under it quickly with minimal cap consequences, and there's talk that, given Boston's misbehavior in the early part of the 2003 season, he'll be released.

I would take David Boston in a heartbeat. He is a freakin beast and it would make it absolutely impossible to double chambers with out getting abused. I know he doesn't have the best attitude but I saw him in an interview towards the middle of the season and he seemed ready to stop messing around and become focused. He definetly came on strong at the end of the year.

undecided, hell of a talent, but hes always hurt and has that crummy attitude. doesn't do us any good if he's not on the field or if hes causing problems in the locker room

could cost a pretty penny too

You need a QB to actually get him the ball. Not only that, unless Wandstedt is going to change the offensive philosophy of the team, we're better off with OL help.

Originally posted by Mondo_Man
You need a QB to actually get him the ball. Not only that, unless Wandstedt is going to change the offensive philosophy of the team, we're better off with OL help.

Totally agree on the QB point.

Wannstedt lost a little bit of authority over the offense this off-season. The press conference announcing the new offensive coaches spoke of that directly.

But whether the offensive philosophy changes or not, the OL has to be the #1 priority imo. Everything branches out from there. Does that mean draft OL guys with our first and second picks in the draft? Naaaa....but we DO need to aggressively persue them in the FA. There's major talent out there for the picking. This will require shrewed cap management though. Gonna be tough, but doable.

PFT sucks. it sounds made up if you ask me.

i wonder where he got this news? isn't it obvious San Deigo might have been interested in trading up? Isn't it obvious the Steelers want a QB? lets put 2 and 2 together.

Why this deal is all BS

1). Boston came on in the end of the season. he won't/can't be traded because of his contract.

2). If Pittsburgh loses Burris, they're taking a GIANT step back because they have a rookie QB and they'll most likley have a rookie RB. not to mention taking away a great WR duo.

this is just crap, sorry.

And if the Chargers would make a move for one of the Patriots coordinators, for example

what?! PFT should close shop, and comeback with a new name.

When you talk about attitude, what attitude?? Besides a drug problem, the only attitude he had was when the WR coach in San Diego was trying to get Boston to come down from his 260 lb frame. Boston argued consistantly with him about it, and made it clear that he wasn't moving down in weight, because he liked where he was at.

Originally posted by chambers84
When you talk about attitude, what attitude?? Besides a drug problem, the only attitude he had was when the WR coach in San Diego was trying to get Boston to come down from his 260 lb frame. Boston argued consistantly with him about it, and made it clear that he wasn't moving down in weight, because he liked where he was at.

Wow.....90 lbs heavier than Snoop Minnis.....LMAO!

Originally posted by chambers84

No, that is NOT the only problem. He would not participate in any of the team's strength/conditioning programs ... and would rather spend his time in pne-on-one sessions with his own "trainer" (steroid dealer), and would miss practice and meeting because of how of he was working on his bodybuilding.

Towards the end of the season he started to come around... but I think its only a matter of time before he gets busted for some kind of steroid usage. (THG anyone??)

It is impossible to pack on the kind of muscle he did in the amazingly short time period he did without some kind of steroid. NO Human can pack on 40 pounds of muscle in one offseason... ESPECIALLY a well-developed athlete who is already near peak conditioning. Maybe, he has reached the level he wants to be at and is content... but the cocaine and possible steroid usage speaks VOLUMES as to the kind of guy he is.

But, then again, at the right price I would still welcome him to the Dolphins. =)

Other attitude ? is when he didn't want to practice b/c he got a nipple ring.

As far as Boston coming to Miami, it depends on the price. A motivated Boston couldbe awesome (motivated to play football, not lift weights). I'd want a contract that was incentive based and easily dumped b/c of the injury/attitude concerns.

I also don't put much stock in PFT's reports, but if real how about we offer them a package that includes Seau, Thompson and our 1st.

no thanks.

he's a "me" guy...and all that extra weight spells bad news for his ankles. arizona let a pro bowl reciever go without a peep, this guy is a trainwreck and they wanted nothing to do with him...looks like schottenheimer is sick of his act, too.

Need some pass protection before we need another reciever or else the best qb and wr's in the world couldnt put together an effective pass offense.

all the stuff about Boston (suspicion of THG or roids, nipple ring incident, etc.) was recounted either in an ESPN or SI article this past season. it seems he does things just to be weird. i get both mags and do not remember which one i read it in. Boston is a special kind of strange. i think he would be a locker room cancer. the cocaine issue alone is enough for me not to want him on the Dolphins.

Back
Top Bottom