David Boston? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

David Boston?

Originally posted by Fisticuff
PFT sucks. it sounds made up if you ask me.

i wonder where he got this news? isn't it obvious San Deigo might have been interested in trading up? Isn't it obvious the Steelers want a QB? lets put 2 and 2 together.

Why this deal is all BS

1). Boston came on in the end of the season. he won't/can't be traded because of his contract.

2). If Pittsburgh loses Burris, they're taking a GIANT step back because they have a rookie QB and they'll most likley have a rookie RB. not to mention taking away a great WR duo.

this is just crap, sorry.

what?! PFT should close shop, and comeback with a new name.

1. Boston would be released, not traded.
2. Pittsburgh would still have their best WR (Ward) and Randle-El.
Burress is a very egotistical, mouthy player as well.
Pitt would make this deal in a heartbeat to get Eli Manning.

I totally disagree with you about this site. I think they get very good info before most places do. I LOVE THE SITE AND THE INFO.

Ya this site is #1...and Boston would be nice...especially since we have Sullivan as our WR coach...you know the guy who coached Boston back in Zona!!!

Go Fins!!!

Boston recovered from his off-the-field problems pretty nicely this season, but I wonder if he has the field-stretching speed we need.

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
Boston recovered from his off-the-field problems pretty nicely this season, but I wonder if he has the field-stretching speed we need.

Speed or not, the guy is a monster... he produces when he is on (he had nearly the same production as Chambers in a limited role this year.)

It is just a matter of weighing risk vs. reward. If he was willing to come in on an incentive based contract that dosn't give TOO much guaranteed money, and give us an option of getting out of it with little cap consequences if necessary. I am all for it... and it seems that this is the way contracts have been moving for players (especially on the Dolphins)

Whether he's got field stretching power or not when he was coached by Jerry Sullivan he was catching 100 yards per game.

At first I was scared by his attitude issues but I saw him come out and publically apologize to the team the fans and everyone. You know, he didn't have to do that. And even if it was a fake apology it shows a lot of maturity for him to realize that he HAS to go out there and do this. A lot of players (ehem Terry Glenn) wouldn't.

And yes as far as I know the signing bonus on his contract was two-tiered, designed by John Butler before he died I believe, and so trading or cutting Boston WOULD be a possibility after the first year. Remember the contract that Sam Cowart initially received from the Jets? How it was like a 1.5 million cap figure in the first year then jumped to like 3 million then jumped WAY up after that? The bonus was tiered in that contract so that the Jets could get out of it relatively healthy if Cowart's achilles problems lingered (he hadn't played fin like 2 years). Well David Boston's contract was structured similarly so that the Chargers could get out of it way easier after one year than they could after 2 or more years. Normally the longer you wait on a contract the easier it is to get out of. I dont doubt that he'd be due a sizable bonus this offseason that the team doesn't wanna pay.

BTW anyone notice how neat this rumor is? I'm not saying anything bad about PFT because they come up with good information a lot of the time. But sometimes their sources give them the run-around too and they admit it.

This particular rumor is awefully neat. Plaxico, a problem child in Pittsburgh, dealt off to the Chargers to replace Boston, an even bigger problem child....Pittsburgh gets the QB they want in Eli Manning and interestingly enough so does San Diego. Marty Schottenheimer coaches Losman and Rivers at the Senior Bowl, really seemed to favor Rivers with the way he called the game, and now at pick #11 he'd be in place to select Phillip Rivers while having garnered Plaxico Burress in the process. What I don't necessarily get though is dumping David Boston after that. That would be a huge tandem those two guys, and it'd be awefully nice for Rivers to be able to throw deep to both of them and have them just go up and get it with their size...especially since Rivers' perceived weakness is throwing deep.

A big hell yes. Under Sullivan that would be a fantastic idea.

i really hope that doesnt happen, if the Chargers (or anybody besides us, lol) gets Rivers, im gonna b pissed! and, ya kno....nobody wants that, haha.

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom

We don't need field streching speed. We have Chambers for that (4.3 40yd). We need a big guy, like Boston, or a Michael CLayton in the draft.

No actually David Boston is very fast. He runs a 4.3 as well.

Boston's attitude would have to be good if he were in a situation where he and another WR complimented each other well and they were allowed to streak. With a good QB throwing in their direction that is....

If he isn't too expensive....bring him on ;).

I think if CC was on the other side of Boston an Brunell were throwing to him he would be happy an later Rivers or Henson thrownig to him he would not complain.

boston isn't even an option. come on, incentive based contract? why would he do that, when he could go somewhere else and get guaranteed money? He is way too expensive. WAY TOO EX*****VE! if we signed him, where will the money come from to get Offensive linemen, WR's and sign our draft picks?

Back
Top Bottom