David Hyde: Vince Young is Fins second option after Orton. Take that Denver!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

David Hyde: Vince Young is Fins second option after Orton. Take that Denver!!

If you bring Vince in w/o the expectations of him being the bonafide starter, I think it could work . . . no compensation involved, hell if he flakes out you cut him . . . Both Vince Young and Chad Henne have more upside than Kyle Orton . . . why would we want to steady the ship with this regime . . . its now or never, take some risks and don't mortgage the future.

If you bring Vince in w/o the expectations of him being the bonafide starter, I think it could work . . . no compensation involved, hell if he flakes out you cut him . . . Both Vince Young and Chad Henne have more upside than Kyle Orton . . . why would we want to steady the ship with this regime . . . its now or never, take some risks and don't mortgage the future.

I agree wholeheartedly. Plus, a free Vince Young might make up for the Pat White pick.

Honestly I've softened up on the Vince Young thing. He won't cost us a draft pick. He's more boom or bust than Kyle Orton. I could see him coming in for Henne and leading the Dolphins on some ridiculous 11-1 run, but I could also see him contributing his fair share to the franchise foundering, which brings us one step closer to Andrew Luck.

Let's just get down to pure talent here. Vince Young is the most talented of the options at QB. He may be the second coming of Jeff George but that means he's got the talent to play on Sundays and he might still be getting better. He had a 98 QB Rating for a reason last year. I watched all his throws. I saw them. He might be the most accurate deep ball thrower in the NFL and this last year he started to combine that with the ability to let the offense work for him on the underneath and intermediate stuff from the pocket, which is what he lacked before. He still looks like a ***** on the field at times, he still looks under-prepared at times, he's still late on throws, and the still throws temper tantrums like a girl. But he also has a quick release and throws an extremely accurate ball.

If he matures at all, then the players won't care. They don't care with Ben Rapistburger, they won't care with Vince Young. He just needs to calm down enough not to constantly rub everyone's face in his own immaturity. Vick managed it, now that he's 30 years old. He only has people shot once in a while, now.

I fear mediocrity more than I fear the team foundering. If the team founders, they go 4-12 or something like that, they have a legit shot at Andrew Luck. If they go 8-8 then they're hiring a new HC/GM combo and they're going to clean house regardless. The only difference is, picking #16 or #18 overall, we won't have a shot at a very good QB in the 2012 Draft.

And I have more faith in Vince's ability to hit a Reggie Bush going against the grain than I do Kyle Orton or Chad Henne.

Pretty much my thought process with Vince Young. He gives us the best chance to be an excellent team and also the best chance to get Andrew Luck. Either way we will get what we want.

with the current rule changes regarding the 3rd qb being able to enter the game VY could be brought in hypothetically even as a depth chart guy and still enter the game on a situational basis

An infant like VY would more than likely never accept this role, but if the price is right why not bring in VY regardless of whether Orton is signed or not. I stress if the price is right.

Back
Top Bottom