Day 2 of Rookie MC | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Day 2 of Rookie MC

GreenMonster said:
I hope Crowder too because if he lives up to his talent level and doesn't get hurt, he could be are answer to an old Z. Thomas for 5-7 years in the middle of our D..

I got my hopes riding on Alabi. This guy seems very intelligent. I hope his physical skills matches his mental skills. I think we all hope to keep Ronnie brown healthy and looking food for a long time right?

KB21 said:
Why does the Dolphins website use real player? I can't listen to a damn thing they put up on that site.

It switched over to realplayer back when the NFL started charing for internet radio broadcasts of the games which require, coincidentally (?), Realplayer.

I'm still confused as to why we haven't signed a true nost tackle in undrafted free agency, normal free agency, nor did we draft one.

Jaj said:
I'm still confused as to why we haven't signed a true nost tackle in undrafted free agency, normal free agency, nor did we draft one.

Probably because we aren't running a 3-4. Anyway, thanks to Jnaladue for the free real player link. The download worked this time.

One thing I noticed is that Nick stated Avon Couborne is being tried as a cornerback, and he stated that he's done a very good job.

Timbo, Chester and Vickerson are decent size for a NT position, I don't think you will see much of a straight up nose tackle anyway.

Dolfan1000 said:
Are going to get pics, or just that one of RB?
I am hoping we get more pics. Yesterday there was only the Saban pic(with the hat), then later in the day they posted more pics.

KB21 said:
Probably because we aren't running a 3-4. Anyway, thanks to Jnaladue for the free real player link. The download worked this time.

One thing I noticed is that Nick stated Avon Couborne is being tried as a cornerback, and he stated that he's done a very good job.

You still need a two-gap nose tackle no matter what even if you do run a 4-3. Vickerson is a one-gap player.

TeeMoney said:
Timbo, Chester and Vickerson are decent size for a NT position, I don't think you will see much of a straight up nose tackle anyway.
Romero has good size also. He has potential to be a solid backup up DT.

Jaj said:
You still need a two-gap nose tackle no matter what even if you do run a 4-3. Vickerson is a one-gap player.

You don't have to be a big two gap tackle to play the one technique. One of the best one technique tackles in the league is Booger McFarland at Tampa Bay, and he's only about 305 lbs. Getting a big two gap defensive tackle isn't much of a priority since they won't be playing 2 technique or 4 technique. They will be playing 1 and 3 technique, which puts them in a gap.

KB21 said:
You don't have to be a big two gap tackle to play the one technique. One of the best one technique tackles in the league is Booger McFarland at Tampa Bay, and he's only about 305 lbs. Getting a big two gap defensive tackle isn't much of a priority since they won't be playing 2 technique or 4 technique. They will be playing 1 and 3 technique, which puts them in a gap.

Booger is only 6-0 that's why he can hold his own at the two-gap position. If we aren't going to need two-gap DTs why did Saban keep Chester and Bowens? They definitely can't provide a damn worth of pass rush.

Back
Top Bottom