Day 6 Training Camp Tweets & PC's - PADS FINALLY!!! | Page 45 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Day 6 Training Camp Tweets & PC's - PADS FINALLY!!!

I'm just hoping yesterday's O-line experience was by design, much like Tua's OTA day in the tropical storm. Put them in the worst possible situation and see how they react. It would also be nice if they respond the same way Tua did

i tell ya what gets old there nasty…watching this team make the same stupid *** mistakes every year.

you guys notice they aren’t position flexibility repping austin Jackson. Why is that? Cause he’s a god dang tackle.

to be 3 years in and still not have found a true tackle to pair with Jackson at this point is here’s that word again incompetent. Between the picks and the money it’s just the same ole song and dance every year.

wasted draft picks wasted money in free agency. And I got more examples than I can count if I have to reference em for you all. Like I said I don’t do one liners. I also don’t do rainbows and unicorns unless the product and the results warrant it.

I will give you one thing though Id feel much better about where I stand on this if I had seen these guys on tape/live yet. And I’ll get that chance in about 10 more days. And I guarantee ya I’ll nail just about every take I have on a player after in terms of what they can/will give us…if you care to listen.

cause hoops ain’t scared. Never has been never will be
Hunt was rated one of the top right tackles the last quarter of the season, but I'm sure you knew that with your excellent scouting.

“Cannot be debated? “ Because you say it doesn’t make it a fact dude. Fact is we have a very young oline that just had their first practice together. They are young but very talented. Please refrain from using a broad brush. Painting is not your forte.
“Well akshually”

I'm just hoping yesterday's O-line experience was by design, much like Tua's OTA day in the tropical storm. Put them in the worst possible situation and see how they react. It would also be nice if they respond the same way Tua did
It was by design.
It was by design. 13C7DE57-A935-4E6A-A189-64DF2C48C329.jpeg

My problem with the narrative of... Miami has never been able to put together a good line, therefore they still can't... is that the past failures happened under different coaches, different evaluators, and different decision makers...

THIS regime is responsible for Jackson, Hunt, Dieter, Kindley, Eichenberg, and Coleman... and it's waaaaay too early to say these guys will bust. Hell... they didn't suck last year with three rookies starting-- something that the same whiners said could never happen. Remember during last year's camp where so many swore... JUST SWORE... that we'd never start three rookies at once. THAT'S JUST NOT DONE!!! They weren't great, but they survived.

Yes, we survived last year-- even with a few injuries slowing them down. Now, Dieter looks to be ready. Hunt and Jackson should be ready... Eichenberg has been good enough to be tried at two positions. The only one who has underperformed has been 4th round pick Kindley.

This is a new era, and it has NOTHING to do with the last era.
Yes x1000000!!

I wish I could thank this 10 times.

Spot on.

Team full of Jags surprise wins under Flores. It's the Oline coaching.

Grier cannot be defended for his evaluation or ability to bring in OL talent. You can talk all you want about past regimes, but for 15+ years the only good OL we have had were drafted in the first round - Jake Long, Vernon Carey, Jawuan James. Thats it. We haven't had another good OL on this team from the draft the entire time Grier has been here. That is mind-blowing if you think about how many 2nd/3rd/4th/5th picks we've invested to not get ONE player. We had a couple guys like Billy Turner who became decent once they left, but we had soooooo many misses in the 3rd-5th primarily.

I would like to think, regardless of how you feel about Grier overall (I'm somewhere in the middle), we can all agree his ability to evaluate and acquire OL talent through the draft (or at all) is bottom 5 level. His biggest weakness by far and it's not close.

It's also why I find it encouraging we brought in McKenzie and Allen as they are seemingly better evaluators (at least in this area) and I think our OL investment last year showed more promise than most anything Grier has ever drafted on his own.

Grier sucks at OL evaluation. Let's hope we've finally gotten it right.

Agreed. In fact I didn't like the James pick or the Carey pick for different reasons. James played like a 2nd-3rd rounder, imo. Carey was more serviceable, imo, but I didn't like that pick b/c we could have had Wolfork, whom I saw as a greater need at DT at the time and whom I saw as more valuable - and in fact turned out to be a better player.

I am also hopeful with Allen and his experience with the Pats (they put together a really solid OL in those years he was with the Pats and BB - 2001 to 2008). And McKenzie has done well with OL.

i understand that folks won’t always like my delivery. Should I have more patience yeah I probably should but inalso do understand what draft asset value relative to player return should look like and at the same time I live my life on my sleeve. Which means you are gonna get my immediate real time reaction to anything. By and large will that be right yeah it will cause I’ve got the skins in the game prove it but at the same time I’d be wiser to wait for the tape confirmation. Cause at the end of the day I can’t say the tape tells all til I that it actually does.

maybe it’s the bourbon today. 🤔
It's always a bourbon day 👍

My problem with the narrative of... Miami has never been able to put together a good line, therefore they still can't... is that the past failures happened under different coaches, different evaluators, and different decision makers...

THIS regime is responsible for Jackson, Hunt, Dieter, Kindley, Eichenberg, and Coleman... and it's waaaaay too early to say these guys will bust. Hell... they didn't suck last year with three rookies starting-- something that the same whiners said could never happen. Remember during last year's camp where so many swore... JUST SWORE... that we'd never start three rookies at once. THAT'S JUST NOT DONE!!! They weren't great, but they survived.

Yes, we survived last year-- even with a few injuries slowing them down. Now, Dieter looks to be ready. Hunt and Jackson should be ready... Eichenberg has been good enough to be tried at two positions. The only one who has underperformed has been 4th round pick Kindley.

This is a new era, and it has NOTHING to do with the last era.
Disagree. They were a bottom 5 offensive line by just about every metric. That doesn't mean that natural growth won't happen or that they should be written off, but let's call a spade a spade here. No need to make up a rosy picture of their performance last year because it was legitimately not good.

Disagree. They were a bottom 5 offensive line by just about every metric. That doesn't mean that natural growth won't happen or that they should be written off, but let's call a spade a spade here. No need to make up a rosy picture of their performance last year because it was legitimately not good.
We gave up 34 sacks last year. This was 14th least in the league-- so in the metric that counts most, we were a slightly better than average team. Not bad for a team with three rookie starters, a career back up type of Center and Erick Flowers. They also had Hunt playing out of position and a raft of injuries to slow things down.

They were NOT bottom five. They weren't great, but no one has said that they were.

We gave up 34 sacks last year. This was 14th least in the league-- so in the metric that counts most, we were a slightly better than average team. Not bad for a team with three rookie starters, a career back up type of Center and Erick Flowers. They also had Hunt playing out of position and a raft of injuries to slow things down.

They were NOT bottom five. They weren't great, but no one has said that they were.
Their pass block win rate was abymsal. Bottom 5. The reason why they only gave up 34 sacks was because our entire offense was relegated to the quick passing game because of the aforementioned performance.

Well, end of 2020 rankings put them at 28, which is... (let me see.. 32 minus 28... that's...) yeah... bottom five.

Well, end of 2020 rankings put them at 28, which is... (let me see.. 32 minus 28... that's...) yeah... bottom five.
...and just WHOSE rankings are these... because they clearly do not reflect sack rate... which is the most important metric for a passing team.

I get a HUGE kick of of folks trying to pull ratings out of their hind-parts... without citing the source (I mean, it's usually PFF but HAHAHAHAHAHA... ahem...).

Or some of the new ANAL-ytic stuff... (This tackle's arms were a half inch too high, therefore he sucks... I mean, he only gave up one sack all year, but that doesn't matter. Look at my formula that I just made up.)

This is a passing era. Did the line give up sacks? Period. End of discussion. If not, it did whatever job it was asked to do.

Or the sorry excuse of... well, our line was bad so we had to change our offense to include more quick passes... (you mean, like the other 15 teams below us did as well?)

Did we give up sacks? Start there... and pretty much END there. That's the key in this era.

Back
Top Bottom