Day 6 Training Camp Tweets & PC's - PADS FINALLY!!! | Page 44 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Day 6 Training Camp Tweets & PC's - PADS FINALLY!!!

You have a point Hoops

We'll do better

i understand that folks won’t always like my delivery. Should I have more patience yeah I probably should but inalso do understand what draft asset value relative to player return should look like and at the same time I live my life on my sleeve. Which means you are gonna get my immediate real time reaction to anything. By and large will that be right yeah it will cause I’ve got the skins in the game prove it but at the same time I’d be wiser to wait for the tape confirmation. Cause at the end of the day I can’t say the tape tells all til I that it actually does.

maybe it’s the bourbon today. 🤔

i understand that folks won’t always like my delivery. Should I have more patience yeah I probably should but inalso do understand what draft asset value relative to player return should look like and at the same time I live my life on my sleeve. Which means you are gonna get my immediate real time reaction to anything. By and large will that be right yeah it will cause I’ve got the skins in the game prove it but at the same time I’d be wiser to wait for the tape confirmation. Cause at the end of the day I can’t say the tape tells all til I that it actually does.

maybe it’s the bourbon today. 🤔

We value your contribution

Looking forward to some Hoop's Scoop's in the future

Grier cannot be defended for his evaluation or ability to bring in OL talent. You can talk all you want about past regimes, but for 15+ years the only good OL we have had were drafted in the first round - Jake Long, Vernon Carey, Jawuan James. Thats it. We haven't had another good OL on this team from the draft the entire time Grier has been here. That is mind-blowing if you think about how many 2nd/3rd/4th/5th picks we've invested to not get ONE player. We had a couple guys like Billy Turner who became decent once they left, but we had soooooo many misses in the 3rd-5th primarily.

I would like to think, regardless of how you feel about Grier overall (I'm somewhere in the middle), we can all agree his ability to evaluate and acquire OL talent through the draft (or at all) is bottom 5 level. His biggest weakness by far and it's not close.

It's also why I find it encouraging we brought in McKenzie and Allen as they are seemingly better evaluators (at least in this area) and I think our OL investment last year showed more promise than most anything Grier has ever drafted on his own.

Grier sucks at OL evaluation. Let's hope we've finally gotten it right.

I agree with that analysis on the D. Who is Adams? Are you referring to Adam Butler?

personally I think Butler will be a bigger factor as a pass rush DT. Jenkins, assuming he makes the team, will be a factor for giving the interior DL rest. I think the added depth at DT will also be a big factor. We got awfully thin toward the end of the year last year. Quite often we would start Davis, Sieler, and Wilkins and they were basically the only bonafide NFL DTs on the D.
Yeah woops, lol. I meant Adam Butler.

Grier cannot be defended for his evaluation or ability to bring in OL talent. You can talk all you want about past regimes, but for 15+ years the only good OL we have had were drafted in the first round - Jake Long, Vernon Carey, Jawuan James. Thats it. We haven't had another good OL on this team from the draft the entire time Grier has been here. That is mind-blowing if you think about how many 2nd/3rd/4th/5th picks we've invested to not get ONE player. We had a couple guys like Billy Turner who became decent once they left, but we had soooooo many misses in the 3rd-5th primarily.

I would like to think, regardless of how you feel about Grier overall (I'm somewhere in the middle), we can all agree his ability to evaluate and acquire OL talent through the draft (or at all) is bottom 5 level. His biggest weakness by far and it's not close.

It's also why I find it encouraging we brought in McKenzie and Allen as they are seemingly better evaluators (at least in this area) and I think our OL investment last year showed more promise than most anything Grier has ever drafted on his own.

Grier sucks at OL evaluation. Let's hope we've finally gotten it right.

somebody prominent in that building sucks at oline evaluation I can tell ya that

I still will let it play out but it’s discouraging that it’s always the same ****. In addition, names like Michael Deiter and Jesse Davis do not inspire me. Will have to see the development/growth if any.

On the flip side what would be the reaction had we been running all over the place? Great sign or the front 7 sucks? What were we looking for today? To use a wrestling term 50/50 booking?

I don’t know about you but if the offense had won the day in the trenches I’ve had river danced today. Pad days are mission critical you can’t waste em.

James and Carey weren't good. They were JAG's, and Billy Turner is STILL garbage. Easily the worst player on the Packers O-line. So really all we got is Long, and maybe Tunsil but he wasn't here long enough so I don't count him.

I don't know why so many people want Kindley out there. I'm more than happy with Davis taking his spot on the line. Davis isn't a world beater but he's serviceable. Kindley was almost Dallas Thomas/Billy Turner level bad.

James and Carey weren't good. They were JAG's, and Billy Turner is STILL garbage. Easily the worst player on the Packers O-line. So really all we got is Long, and maybe Tunsil but he wasn't here long enough so I don't count him.
Yeah I forgot Tunsil - but again, first round pick. Also, I figured someone would say they weren't good... I'm not here to argue this (Carey was good though), but they were definitely GOOD ENOUGH to be starters on a good OL. If either of those guys were the weakest player on your OL, you have the best OL in the NFL hands down. Neither was elite, but you can be good without being elite.

Anyways, the point is, we have been piss poor at drafting OL outside of the first round for way way way too long. Hopefully the last two rounds of drafts are going to go the right way.

somebody prominent in that building sucks at oline evaluation I can tell ya that
Hoops don’t get me started on Grier and our front office 😂. No one can be perfect in regards to the draft but wtf why draft iggy in the first round last year when clearly he’s a project. I said this a million times over the years you don’t draft projects or players in the first round who cannot contribute immediately. There were so many talented players on the board especially at RB, WR etc it made no sense. It reminds me of the Charles Harris pick all over again.

It's not unreasonable to expect the D to be ahead on the first day of padded practice just as it not unlikely that a certain coach mentioned that they would be working on the run game and asked the D line to kick everybody's @$$ to help motivate. the RPO will help with the run game once you back the back 7 up with our speedy receivers. That being said you still have to get a 3 and 2 when everybody knows it coming. Hopefully this will be the extra motivation the OL needs to get it together, not that it should need that. IMO, it's not yet time to panic but that was very disappointing.

Hoops don’t get me started on Grier and our front office 😂. No one can be perfect in regards to the draft but wtf why draft iggy in the first round last year when clearly he’s a project. I said this a million times over the years you don’t draft projects or players in the first round who cannot contribute immediately. There were so many talented players on the board especially at RB, WR etc it made no sense. It reminds me of the Charles Harris pick all over again.
Yeah I was hoping Igbo would’ve developed somewhat but it doesn’t sound like it so far… Jonathan Taylor would’ve been damn nice

Yeah I was hoping Igbo would’ve developed somewhat but it doesn’t sound like it so far… Jonathan Taylor would’ve been damn nice
😩 I was screaming for Taylor last draft. Iggy might turn out to be good 3 yrs from now but was the pick worth it in the first round. We can evaluate better once we’re done with preseason

Back
Top Bottom