Day 6 Training Camp Tweets & PC's - PADS FINALLY!!! | Page 42 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Day 6 Training Camp Tweets & PC's - PADS FINALLY!!!

My problem with the narrative of... Miami has never been able to put together a good line, therefore they still can't... is that the past failures happened under different coaches, different evaluators, and different decision makers...

THIS regime is responsible for Jackson, Hunt, Dieter, Kindley, Eichenberg, and Coleman... and it's waaaaay too early to say these guys will bust. Hell... they didn't suck last year with three rookies starting-- something that the same whiners said could never happen. Remember during last year's camp where so many swore... JUST SWORE... that we'd never start three rookies at once. THAT'S JUST NOT DONE!!! They weren't great, but they survived.

Yes, we survived last year-- even with a few injuries slowing them down. Now, Dieter looks to be ready. Hunt and Jackson should be ready... Eichenberg has been good enough to be tried at two positions. The only one who has underperformed has been 4th round pick Kindley.

This is a new era, and it has NOTHING to do with the last era.
Please understand that I am certainly not judging the OL based on one practice in pads.

My point is that while so many posters are concerned with Tua, the RB’s, or other positions on the team. My main concern remains the OL until they actually show they can open holes in the running game and prevent Tua from being under pressure every time he goes back to pass.

As far as I am concerned, the offense will only be as effective as the play of the OL. If they develop into an average or slightly above average OL, I believe the Dolphins can be a top 10 offense with Tua at QB. Yet if the OL plays at a below average level or worse, the offense is going to struggle, IMO.

Please understand that I am certainly not judging the OL based on one practice in pads.

My point is that while so many posters are concerned with Tua, the RB’s, or other positions on the team. My main concern remains the OL until they actually show they can open holes in the running game and prevent Tua from being under pressure every time he goes back to pass.

As far as I am concerned, the offense will only be as effective as the play of the OL. If they develop into an average or slightly above average OL, I believe the Dolphins can be a top 10 offense with Tua at QB. Yet if the OL plays at a below average level or worse, the offense is going to struggle, IMO.
Facts!

actually someone posted a thread about the OL actual numbers/ratings and we were below average as a group and individual performances. in my mind besides tua , this group is the most important group that will determine how far we go. I do expect Jackson and hunt to improve big time, and Liam I believe will be a good pro. time will tell.
The trouble with those ratings is that they were likely from PFF... and even PFF admits that their O Line ratings are a bit subjective because it is difficult to analyze actual assignments on a play.

I'm hoping... praying... this line gels and becomes a dominant line... but it's too early to say and some posters here are just wetting their pants over one practice.

The trouble with those ratings is that they were likely from PFF... and even PFF admits that their O Line ratings are a bit subjective because it is difficult to analyze actual assignments on a play.

I'm hoping... praying... this line gels and becomes a dominant line... but it's too early to say and some posters here are just wetting their pants over one practice.
preseason will determine if the OL passes the eye test. lets hope they improve. in my eyes one move that was done correctly was moving hunt to right guard. hunt has the talent to be a pro bowl guard.

We have 3 players playing new positions on the oline, unfortunately it’s gonna take some time to gel, fortunately they are all very young..

Really disappointed in Kindley..really thought he was gonna beast this year. There’s still time but man, reports are he came in the weight that was expected of him.

We have 3 players playing new positions on the oline, unfortunately it’s gonna take some time to gel, fortunately they are all very young..

Really disappointed in Kindley..really thought he was gonna beast this year. There’s still time but man, reports are he came in the weight that was expected of him.
I think only two guys were in the spots they're going to be in on opening day (Austin and Hunt), the other three guys will be in other spots or not starting at all.

agreed , really disappointed about Kindley. I want players that want to be the best at their position. to be the best hard work is required, from working out to nutrition, learning your job to the point where you'll never make mental mistakes in a game etc... this just shows me he doesn't have that fire, he's just happy to be in the nfl and get a check. players like these really piss me off if this is true.

i tell ya what gets old there nasty…watching this team make the same stupid *** mistakes every year.

you guys notice they aren’t position flexibility repping austin Jackson. Why is that? Cause he’s a god dang tackle.

to be 3 years in and still not have found a true tackle to pair with Jackson at this point is here’s that word again incompetent. Between the picks and the money it’s just the same ole song and dance every year.

wasted draft picks wasted money in free agency. And I got more examples than I can count if I have to reference em for you all. Like I said I don’t do one liners. I also don’t do rainbows and unicorns unless the product and the results warrant it.

I will give you one thing though Id feel much better about where I stand on this if I had seen these guys on tape/live yet. And I’ll get that chance in about 10 more days. And I guarantee ya I’ll nail just about every take I have on a player after in terms of what they can/will give us…if you care to listen.

cause hoops ain’t scared. Never has been never will be
Hey old friend, it's been a lot of years. Of course, you're 100% correct about the o-line and the repeated failures with each new iteration. It's just frustrating to think that we still don't have it right. Eichenberg was brought in to play RT, what's he doing at LG? And did we whiff in FA again with Skura? Dieter seems to be ahead of him so far. Is Jesse Davis at RT strong enough to be Tua's blind side protector? I hope this thing falls into place for them. I'll be looking forward to your opinions after you've seen some tape. Luckily it's very early. Maybe Kindley will start balling and win back LG, he certainly is big and strong enough. Jackson, Kindley, Skura, Hunt and Eich is what I thought was happening. That feels like the right line up with Davis as your reserve along with Dieter.

you gonna add anything of value football related or just drop one liners?

I always explain my side of things. I don’t care if folks don’t like it.
Relax Francis. It's something we used to call a "joke".

Back
Top Bottom