DAY TWO Camp Reports HERE!!! | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DAY TWO Camp Reports HERE!!!

Why is Jaylen Waddle playing so well, Two days in a row? Well three key reasons...

1. Jaylen is that dam good.

2. If your a defender, your mind is on that other receiver Miami has, so Jaylen will have a good deal of plays where just one defender is the only line between the opponents holding Miami, and Jaylen exploding for huge yardage.

3. Give a Miami receiver (Especially Hill and Waddle) space, and Tua Is going to show you how good a QB he is when given the time most QB normally get.

I really like McDaniel. His responses are so organic. He isn't really trying to push an agenda. Things just are, and he's able to perceive them as such.

I really hope to see sound game plans, timely adjustments and sound execution as well as good game and clock management. If we just get the mental part of the game down to the point this guy can perceive and define it, we're going to be very good. His attention to detail is reaaally good. Most coaches that praise attention to detail are Philbin-esque hard a$$es but this guy can really SEE detail. Like he can zoom in on concepts and tell them for what they are and affect them in positive ways. Philbin was a queasy-hard a$$ because he was short-sighted. McDaniel has foresight for days but then he's also very flexible.
His response and the way he articulates is really nice. But we still need to see if he can coach on game day and get his team prepared to win.

This is brilliant of McDaniel, some times being aggressive and even scoring too quickly will hurt you.

If you're going against a high scoring team, and get on the board 1st, it's to your benefit to try and not score too quickly, run more, make shorter passes, run that clock to the point the clock time ends up favoring you 2 to 1, gives your D some huge rest, while killing your opponent's D all game.

Everything about Dan Marino was great, even how he moved (slow or not), but he was too good for his own good, he scored far too quickly a lot of the times, and the defense has very little rest to help keep the lead.

This shows you McDaniel is thinking about every aspect of the game...That is a sign of possibly being all we ever hoped for in a HC since Shula was replaced by JJ.

My only Dolphins game in Miami was the Saints game in 2009...Dolphins jumped out to a quick big lead and it was a party in the stadium...but Brees blew us out second half so your theory holds up

The same can be said with aggressive all the time plays, considering throwing more deep passes also brings a higher chance of turnover.

McDaniel has proven, he at the very least knows if you want to win, you can't be predictable, and knows when to go for it, and when to slow it down.

Nobody is saying don't be aggressive, I am sure, most of us, if not all would love to be more aggressive, but if you want to be a less predictable, more calculating team, you have to have games with more passes then runs, games where there are more runs then passes, with far more deeper, or at times allow Tua to pick apart a defense more.

Don't forget the D. I became s-o-o-o-o tired of them going in prevent at the start of 2H.

"Him and Melvin Ingram already have "that bond."

What's it like when McDaniel, who is upbeat and positive, gets on you about a mistake?

"Coach McDaniel keeps it real. If he is telling you something, that is because he cares and it is constructive criticism."

Would you be okay with being in Miami for a very long time?

Absolutely. I love the Dolphins. I love Miami. I love the Dolphins. I really feel like this is home for me."

Last edited:
Thoughts on easing into camp?
"Man It's a great mindset to have. You have to take care of the vets. They've seen a lot of ball. It's mostly just mental reps."

Thoughts on McDaniel
"He always being positive. He is a bringer of energy. That is what it is all about, especially from a Head Coach. Once you see it from a Head Coach it trickles down."

Thoughts on Jevon Holland
"Sky is the limit for that guy. Everything he is doing it feels like he has been here for 10 years."

Thoughts on passing Sam and Pat on the INT list
"I want to finish at the top."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom