DE choice | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DE choice

Jamesw

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Ok draft gurus (Fever) if we had a choice of drafting DE Uzomah, Ojulari or Tuipulatu at 51, do you pull the trigger? And which one would you choose and why?

Fangio does not run a base 3-4 system. I think it is wildly unlikely we try to draft a guy to replace Ogbah’s role as he is kind of a tweener for our scheme. Our “3-4” DEs will be playing inside technique a lot. If we draft for depth it will be a guy we are comfortable using at as a DE and DT. Would say you are looking for guys 285lbs+

Ok draft gurus (Fever) if we had a choice of drafting DE Uzomah, Ojulari or Tuipulatu at 51, do you pull the trigger? And which one would you choose and why?
Probably besides WR the position we are the most stacked at. I'd be unhappy if we took a DE at 51. Not huge on drafting for need but imagine the work a OLB would need to put in to see the field over Phillips, Chubb, Ogbah. I'm either going Gibbs or I'm moving up in front of Raiders to snag Washington even if it costs me a '24 2nd. Yeah, he's that good.

Probably besides WR the position we are the most stacked at. I'd be unhappy if we took a DE at 51. Not huge on drafting for need but imagine the work a OLB would need to put in to see the field over Phillips, Chubb, Ogbah. I'm either going Gibbs or I'm moving up in front of Raiders to snag Washington even if it costs me a '24 2nd. Yeah, he's that good.
if you give up a 2024 2nd round pick that would leave us with no 2,3,4........we have to stop giving away picks like water.....I want a TE also but no need to trade up for one.....this is a good and deep TE class and we can get a good one by staying at 51

if you give up a 2024 2nd round pick that would leave us with no 2,3,4........we have to stop giving away picks like water.....I want a TE also but no need to trade up for one.....this is a good and deep TE class and we can get a good one by staying at 51

It interests me how people will, correctly, note 'good' teams build through the draft and accumulate picks, and some complain about the trade for Hill, but others want to give up high picks. Particularly with limited picks, trade no more high picks.

Fangio does not run a base 3-4 system. I think it is wildly unlikely we try to draft a guy to replace Ogbah’s role as he is kind of a tweener for our scheme. Our “3-4” DEs will be playing inside technique a lot. If we draft for depth it will be a guy we are comfortable using at as a DE and DT. Would say you are looking for guys 285lbs+
The concept of 3-4, 4-3 "base" is an outdated one in reality. That went the way of the Dodo when the "edge" position came to prominence.

With the way DCs package substitute personnel in the modern NFL, the "old" guidelines don't mean all that much, IMO.

I'd draft Tuipulotu in a heartbeat. The other two are stand up OLB/Edge types. We need to replace Ogbah, he is the only true DE on the team and he's gone after this year.

The concept of 3-4, 4-3 "base" is an outdated one in reality. That went the way of the Dodo when the "edge" position came to prominence.

With the way DCs package substitute personnel in the modern NFL, the "old" guidelines don't mean all that much, IMO.
This...

No one runs a base anything on Defense any longer.

I know I am a relative noob on here but what is up with referring to Fever as the savant?

I mean he could really well be le savant du jour, but can someone fill me in? Preferably Le savant himself?

Is he Jimmy Johnson? I mean I would be surprised if PH has many a well connected current/ex savant types around. For all I know Fever is actually Chris Grier sans the ball cap.

Enquiring minds want to know. Spill the beans, we can take it.

I know I am a relative noob on here but what is up with referring to Fever as the savant?

I mean he could really well be le savant du jour, but can someone fill me in? Preferably Le savant himself?

Is he Jimmy Johnson? I mean I would be surprised if PH has many a well connected current/ex savant types around. For all I know Fever is actually Chris Grier sans the ball cap.

It's a joke... Some of them like to pull my tail because I'm a know-it-all... Heh! The drunkest, know-it-all that you will ever encounter!

It's a joke... Some of them like to pull my tail because I'm a know-it-all... Heh! The drunkest, know-it-all that you will ever encounter!
Hmm, your attempt at distraction does not go unnoticed Sen Sai. Soon the moon will rise and stars come out revealing the truth...the dark truth. (He said in his worst Beverly Hills Ninja voice).

Come on spill it. Photos of Hendrick in some bar that JamesJunior owns right?

Or...

Are you really Nick Sabans dopple ganger thingy majiggy?

Don't let Fever sell himself short. He is one of, if not the, most knowledgeable posters here when it comes to the salary cap, contract structures, and the rules/details involved.

Top notch general NFL football knowledge, as well.

Back
Top Bottom