DE choice | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DE choice

Hmm, your attempt at distraction does not go unnoticed Sen Sai. Soon the moon will rise and stars come out revealing the truth...the dark truth. (He said in his worst Beverly Hills Ninja voice).

Come on spill it. Photos of Hendrick in some bar that JamesJunior owns right?

Or...

Are you really Nick Sabans dopple ganger thingy majiggy?
Well... I am a legally registered Shaman with the Universal Life Church and can perform weddings or funerals for a small fee.

Don't let Fever sell himself short. He is one of, if not the, most knowledgeable posters here when it comes to the salary cap, contract structures, and the rules/details involved.

Top notch general NFL football knowledge, as well.
Now we are getting somewhere.

Relative of Ross is he?

if you give up a 2024 2nd round pick that would leave us with no 2,3,4........we have to stop giving away picks like water.....I want a TE also but no need to trade up for one.....this is a good and deep TE class and we can get a good one by staying at 51
We settled for a TE in MG as opposed to moving up. The whole "there are other TEs" philosophy is flawed. Simply a human that plays the TE role in the same draft isn't the same as Washington. It's about building the best team. Not saving picks just because it makes you feel more comfortable. Screw the picks. If you can get Washington, it can change our offense. Go do what makes us the best team.

We settled for a TE in MG as opposed to moving up. The whole "there are other TEs" philosophy is flawed. Simply a human that plays the TE role in the same draft isn't the same as Washington. It's about building the best team. Not saving picks just because it makes you feel more comfortable. Screw the picks. If you can get Washington, it can change our offense. Go do what makes us the best team.
But the question remains... would another TE PLUS another player do more for us than just Washington.

if you give up a 2024 2nd round pick that would leave us with no 2,3,4........we have to stop giving away picks like water.....I want a TE also but no need to trade up for one.....this is a good and deep TE class and we can get a good one by staying at 51
I agree. I would prefer they just use the draft picks they have now in this years draft and not trade away their first or second round picks in the 2024 draft.

They should be able to draft players who can come in and contribute this coming season without having to give up a pick in 2024.

Thank you for your kind words, Mach.

...and James, Mach2 is very good, as well. ...on his non-grumpy days.
I just wanna know if I am in the presence of Phin Royalty. You kinda remind me of a certain running back with a busted up nose from the 72 team...not sure why.

šŸ™šŸ™…šŸ’†

But the question remains... would another TE PLUS another player do more for us than just Washington.
Sure, let me go get my magic 8 ball and get your that answer.

If he's there on day two and we don't go get Washington, we're missing out. Maybe Gibbs is good enough at RB it makes us not mind that. I'll take either player. If we get neither of them in round two, we crapped the bed.

I agree. I would prefer they just use the draft picks they have now in this years draft and not trade away their first or second round picks in the 2024 draft.

They should be able to draft players who can come in and contribute this coming season without having to give up a pick in 2024.
Shocking that you and Danny are risk adverse. That never happens.

Sure, let me go get my magic 8 ball and get your that answer.

If he's there on day two and we don't go get Washington, we're missing out. Maybe Gibbs is good enough at RB it makes us not mind that. I'll take either player. If we get neither of them in round two, we crapped the bed.
You only like those two players?

Myself, I'm not so locked-in on any particular player. I'd be just as happy with Charbonnet, and there are some late round TEs that I suspect will become just about as good as Washington--though Washington does have that look of a man who might be dominant some day.

I think that largely depends on the position they draft. Even in round 2 (remember it's a late rd2) if they go TE or OG, making a relatively high impact is questionable at best. They often take time to develop at the next level if they are not top picks.

Beyond rd2, odds are not great that they will be immediate contributes, irrespective of position.

We have a pretty darn good overall roster for a change. That will make it tough for borderline ready players to get snaps. A good problem to have really. It's just that our specific perceived weaknesses happen to be at positions that are rarely ready to be day one, high level contributors.

I do agree though, that we need to hold on to the picks we have.

@NBP81 and I were discussing just yesterday that we wouldn't be all that upset if we traded picks for upgraded picks next year.

Fever doesnā€™t plagiarize the writing or ideas of others in a vain attempt to feel/sound important, nor is he passive-aggressive when others post alternative views. His insights appear correct when judged over time.

He is confident and consistent in his ideological convictions, and can debate about a wide range of topicsā€”most notably all-things in Football Operations.

His posts are not only original, but also well-written and researched.

Heā€™s both passionate and credible, which makes for a very enjoyable read.

Last edited:
I think that largely depends on the position they draft. Even in round 2 (remember it's a late rd2) if they go TE or OG, making a relatively high impact is questionable at best. They often take time to develop at the next level if they are not top picks.

Beyond rd2, odds are not great that they will be immediate contributes, irrespective of position.

We have a pretty darn good overall roster for a change. That will make it tough for borderline ready players to get snaps. A good problem to have really. It's just that our specific perceived weaknesses happen to be at positions that are rarely ready to be day one, high level contributors.

I do agree though, that we need to hold on to the picks we have.

@NBP81 and I were discussing just yesterday that we wouldn't be all that upset if we traded picks for upgraded picks next year.
Your point about whether the incoming player can/will contribute immediately is the key point here.

There are few opportunities for snaps on this team... and almost none at some positions-- a true Edge, for instance where no one is going to play ahead of Phillips and Chubb.

The posters who honestly believe that an incoming 2nd round Tackle would displace Jackson are... optimistic at best. Yes, LG is a possibility, but that too is probably unlikely as I doubt whether McD is going to give that role to a rookie during this possible Super Bowl season... so I think we are left with looking for part-time players or guys who'll start in 2024.

So, I think we are back to TE and RB, where the right player might start... but both are cheap positions in the NFL, so we'd give up NBP's belief of drafting for cap relief (which I share).

As you've said, it's a good problem to have... and one that allows us to do a myriad of things in the first. Myself... I'd use those two top picks for one possible starter, and one stab at a starter for next year.

You only like those two players?

Myself, I'm not so locked-in on any particular player. I'd be just as happy with Charbonnet, and there are some late round TEs that I suspect will become just about as good as Washington--though Washington does have that look of a man who might be dominant some day.
Yep.

Back
Top Bottom