Defensive Coordinator Options | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Defensive Coordinator Options

Gregg Williams to be DC of Jets? Not Good.

I would want someone with a hard nosed mentality no doubt.

I don't think Williams did a particularly good job with the Browns defense. If anything, why I think that could be a good hire for the Jets is that it demonstrates that Adam Gase is finally willing to get outside of his little comfort zone and look around the NFL and hire assistants who he isn't intimately familiar with from previous work.

I don’t think this is Gases’s call. That’s why other head coaches weren’t hired for the Jets. They wanted control of all assistants. I bet you GM is hiring DC and OC. Gase doesn’t have the balls to make this hire.

I don’t think this is Gases’s call. That’s why other head coaches weren’t hired for the Jets. They wanted control of all assistants. I bet you GM is hiring DC and OC. Gase doesn’t have the balls to make this hire.

I would love to see this relationship unfold between Gase and Williams. It sure went well for Hue Jackson.

Marquand Manuel is a Miami guy who came up under Pete Carroll/Dan Quinn. I believe I read that he would be our DC if Kris Richard is hired as HC.

*He did ask Eli Apple at the combine -"So, do you like men?" (but issued a public apology)

Harbaugh isn’t coming here and never will most probably.

Of course he isn't, it would be a wise move to hire him, but Ross would have had to give Jim total control. With Grier, it is quite impossible.

As far as would he come?? Yes, he would for 5 years 40 million. Us po foks think millionaires don't care about 5 mil a year compared to 8 mil a year. It is foolish to think that. The more money someone has usually motivates them all the more to get more.

Since Flores has spent 14 years floating around the Pats organization, being involved with scouting, offense, special teams, and defense, we don’t even need coordinators. Or a scouting department. Just let Brian Flores handle everything.

Back
Top Bottom