Deleted DeShon Elliot tweet. | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Deleted DeShon Elliot tweet.

Lamar misses more games than Tua yet nobody cares. We re-signed our backfield as well so we have no need for another one.

Feel free to post it.
I wouldn’t waste my time. I’ve seen it plenty of times with my own eyes. If Jackson is so great wouldn’t teams be standing in line to be able to acquire him? It would only take two first round picks. How many teams would be lined up for Mahomes, Allen, or Burrow if they were in the same situation? And why isn’t Baltimore meeting his demands? If he was as great as you think he is, they would have never allowed him to get this point contractually.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t waste my time. I’ve seen it plenty of times with my own eyes. If Jackson is so great wouldn’t teams be standing in line to be able to acquire him? It would only take two first round picks. How many teams would be lined up for Mahomes, Allen, or Burrow if they were in the same situation? And why isn’t Baltimore meeting his demands? If he was as great as you think he is, they would have never allowed him to get this point contractually.

You act like just giving up the two first round picks seals the deal.

Whoever would sign him would likely get the contract matched by Baltimore, who wouldn’t have to give up the draft picks.

So in addition to a new team valuing Lamar for more money than Baltimore would be willing to pay, they’d also have to value him two first round draft picks more than just the additional money.

You sound like someone who reads Profootballtalk a little too much.

Baltimore will eventually give in enough to sign him because it’s all they have. It’s why they didn’t let him leave after fulfulling his contract.

He didn’t ask to stay in Baltimore. Take the tag off and watch teams line up.

He’s as great as the MVP voters said he is.

You act like just giving up the two first round picks seals the deal.

Whoever would sign him would likely get the contract matched by Baltimore, who wouldn’t have to give up the draft picks.

So in addition to a new team valuing Lamar for more money than Baltimore would be willing to pay, they’d also have to value him two first round draft picks more than just the additional money.

You sound like someone who reads Profootballtalk a little too much.

Baltimore will eventually give in enough to sign him because it’s all they have. It’s why they didn’t let him leave after fulfulling his contract.

He didn’t ask to stay in Baltimore. Take the tag off and watch teams line up.

He’s as great as the MVP voters said he is.
Lol. I fuc*ing hate Mike Florio so you can shove that ProFootballTalk comment. Jackson is a super athlete and probably the best running QB in league history. He can make flashy plays because of that athletic ability, but his style of play does not lend itself to consistency. He’s not accurate, he doesn’t anticipate throws well, he doesn’t read defenses great, and he doesn’t throw with great touch. He’s a unique type of QB who has to play in a certain type of of offense to thrive and that type of offense is hard to sustain. I think you are the one that’s being influenced by the fawning media. Jackson is way more flash than substance.

Lol. I fuc*ing hate Mike Florio so you can shove that ProFootballTalk comment. Jackson is a super athlete and probably the best running QB in league history. He can make flashy plays because of that athletic ability, but his style of play does not lend itself to consistency. He’s not accurate, he doesn’t anticipate throws well, he doesn’t read defenses great, and he doesn’t throw with great touch. He’s a unique type of QB who has to play in a certain type of of offense to thrive and that type of offense is hard to sustain. I think you are the one that’s being influenced by the fawning media. Jackson is way more flash than substance.
Whilst being at the same time - a proven blithering idiot, who get's injured a bunch, who couldn't pass his way outta a Chucky Cheese playland. Oh, yeah and he's butt ugly - so there's that too. In otherwords, he's in a world a hurt. All of his own makin, and I'm loving it. It's like watching a multiple car pileup on the freeway and no one gets hurt. Even Lamar...cuz when he finally gets an agent - and that agent details all that he's lost - he won't even give a damn. ( insert ugly clown emoticon here)

His brand of QBing is lethal with an average supporting cast, something he hasn’t come close to having, outside of Andrews.

If you’d feel good about facing him if he had our WRs more power to you.

His brand of QBing is lethal with an average supporting cast, something he hasn’t come close to having, outside of Andrews.

He couldn’t maximize Miami’s receivers. It wouldn’t matter much how good his receivers are. He isn’t effective at getting any of his receivers the ball. It’s way more about Jackson than it is the receivers. His style of play makes his supporting cast look average.

Jackson has shown himself to be a moron in the way he's handled this without an agent promoting him/calling in favors to show interest - for probably a negotiated 1% or less of a $hitload of guaranteed money.

... and most importantly telling him that just because Jimmy Haslim is an idiot doesn't mean that the rest of the league owners are in handcuffing the cap and guaranteeing a quarter billion to a player who purposely sat out the postseason with a "lingering injury" and I believe has been on the sidelines 11 of the last 19 games.

I for one would not want a mommy's boy QB

I think that’s where Lamar has missed the mark.

He’s worth every penny Watson is, but he didn’t realize no one was as fiscally irresponsible as the Browns.

I’m so surprised/disappointed/embarrassed that such a big segment of Dolphin fans seem to feel this way.

Bottom line: This fanbase welcomed Tyreke Hill with open arms despite a past that includes multiple domestic violence/abuse issues, yet a lot of the same people willing to overlook Hill’s past issues are calling for Deshon Elliott’s release because he tweeted something that MIGHT hurt our starting QB’s feelings. People need to get some damn perspective.

Good point. Not everyone welcomed Hill with open arms though.

Either way, one’s feelings on Hill don’t preclude an opinion of a tone-deaf tweet.

Crazy right to imagine having all that speed on the field at the same time.

Good point. Not everyone welcomed Hill with open arms though.

Either way, one’s feelings on Hill don’t preclude an opinion of a tone-deaf tweet.
Were you the one? Everyone I saw in here was over the moon including moi.

We just traded for Tyreek ****ing Hill!

I think Twatter was invented to just keep us all distracted during the slow season... exhibit B.

Back
Top Bottom