Delusional Optimism: "Jets Team FILLED with Pro Bowlers!" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Delusional Optimism: "Jets Team FILLED with Pro Bowlers!"

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
Wow, I am shocked....Fin-atic, on the Jets' MB you actually sounded optimistic. Surely it must be another poster that stole his name and image! :) j/k bro

No, It's him. It's like with family. Amongst yourselves you can criticize each other all you want without killin' the love, but Lord help anyone outside the family making the same criticism of one of the family. Then you got to deal with the whole family.

That jets fan is ridiculously optomistic but there are some homers here who are just as bad. The only difference is that they are on our side(rooting for the same team).

The JETS have no defensive talent what so ever, they wont stop water this year on thier offensive line is not very talented at all, curtis is done, they have pennington that is all, long year for them 5-11

Originally posted by Maybe Memories
Most of the people seemed to question him.... Thats funny the guy is a JOKE!

What's funny is reading how finatic defends the Dolphins over there, but bashes them over here. I sure hope none of those Jet fans read his posts over here. They'll flame him alive.

Oliver...

Originally posted by ohall

What's funny is reading how finatic defends the Dolphins over there, but bashes them over here. I sure hope none of those Jet fans read his posts over here. They'll flame him alive.

Oliver...

in fin-atic's defense, he usually is bashing the FO and some of the players. but he always defends the TEAM and alot of people don't get that.

Originally posted by DOLPHAN1

in fin-atic's defense, he usually is bashing the FO and some of the players. but he always defends the TEAM and alot of people don't get that.

What's the difference?

Oliver...

he defends the team as a whole, but remains opinionated and outspoken about decisions and players performance. kinda like picking on your cousin but pouding the crap outta someone outside the family for the same thing. being close allows that criticism and defense. .."my goofy cousin is MY goofy cousin.... only i can poke fun of him."

if cousin doesn't work, then insert any family member that does. being less optamistic does not take away from being a fan.

Originally posted by DOLPHAN1
he defends the team as a whole, but remains opinionated and outspoken about decisions and players performance. kinda like picking on your cousin but pouding the crap outta someone outside the family for the same thing. being close allows that criticism and defense. .."my goofy cousin is MY goofy cousin.... only i can poke fun of him."

if cousin doesn't work, then insert any family member that does. being less optamistic does not take away from being a fan.

Hmm I don't recall saying he was not a fan?!?!

Sorry his bashing of Fiedler and the FO for years now IMO makes him nothing more than someone who only sees the negative for personal reasons. I have yet to see him be optimistic about this team for longer than a 1 post at a time stretched over weeks at a time.

Like I said I sure hope for his sake, those Jet fans don't read his posts here, because they will destory him in spades. And as far as I can see he would deserve that in spades.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
Wow, I am shocked....Fin-atic, on the Jets' MB you actually sounded optimistic. Surely it must be another poster that stole his name and image! :) j/k bro

In actuality we definitely have the better QB(not even close), we have the better OL, the WRs are arguable(maybe slight edge you guys but very close and epending upon which David Boston shows up), our LBs are much improved but I'd give you guys the edge as of now.

Originally posted by Al13

every team has to overcome injuries, we had to deal with them as well, what makes you believe that you will go injury free this upcoming season ?

We may not but I'm hopeful we won;t have the injuries to our best players like a year ago, or at leat injuries that don't keep them out as long. In '02 we were very banged up early and struggled but got healthy pretty quick and remained relatively healthy the rest of the season. Last year it started in preseasons and continued throughout the season, it was one of those years just like '99 was for us where they came in bunches.

including this one. I would love to see what other boards think of people here who make Feeley sound like a diamond in the rough. He has proved nothing and will most likely keep the bench warm all season.

I have actually always thopught Fiedler was underrated. Not a great QB by any stretch BUT whenever he plays you guys seem to win alot more than when he doesn't.

As for Feeley, he showed some flashes a few years ago but they were also crusing w/ Koy detmer and feeley was 3rd string behind Detmer, that's not a good sign. If he is better than Fiedler I don't think it is by much.

The JETS have no defensive talent what so ever, they wont stop water this year on thier offensive line is not very talented at all, curtis is done, they have pennington that is all, long year for them 5-11

Well we have 2 pro bowlers at DE(Ellis & Abe), a big time DT prospect who should be getting better(Robertson), another DT who played at a pro bowl level 2 years ago but missed half the year last year(Evans), Cowart is moving back to his more comfortable position of MLB, Barton was a very good LB w/ Oak prior to this past season, Hobson showd flasehs as a rookie, D. Abraham is still a very good corner but missed most of last season. UI's say we have some talent and our D will be much better.

Our OL is still good but not as good as it was in years past. We are 1 G away from having an OL as good though and that G could come in the draft or from a 6/1 cut.

If Curtis Martin is done then waht is Ricky Williams? Last year Ricky had only about 70 more yards on almost 70 more carries, Curtis averaged 4 yds/carry while Ricky averaged 3.5. Ricky is younger and should be better at this point and I expect Ricky to be closer to '02 Ricky than '03 Ricky but the fact remains Curtis is future HOfer while Ricky is not even close to one.

Originally posted by ohall

Hmm I don't recall saying he was not a fan?!?!

never thought anyone thought that. i just don't think he is negative. critical, yes. there are others ( i won't mention names ) on this board that are negative and never have anything nice to say. i don't necessarilly agree with fin-atic but i think he gets a bum rap for bieng too negative. critical is better.

i was comparing is posts here to his posts elswhere using the family metaphor. sorry if i wasn't clear on that.

Ricky will be in the Hall of Fame baring injury. And just to mention our line sucked *** last year and he still ran all over the jets and got 1300 yards for the season. And 2 pro bowl defensive ends come on buddy step into reality these guys are injury prone and will never play a whole season. Abraham is good ill give you that. Only our 2 De's are better than both abraham and ellis. Ogun and JT have both led the AFC in sacks while neither of your guys can stay healthy. But I do have to say unfortunately these 2 teams always play close games and will continue to do so. Only I think that the Dolphins have a better team and will win both games. I also think Herm Edwards is a good players coach but he makes alot of bad gametime decisions so he will continue to cost the jets a couple of wins this year

Originally posted by Ct Fin Freak 13
Ricky will be in the Hall of Fame baring injury. And just to mention our line sucked *** last year and he still ran all over the jets and got 1300 yards for the season. And 2 pro bowl defensive ends come on buddy step into reality these guys are injury prone and will never play a whole season. Abraham is good ill give you that. Only our 2 De's are better than both abraham and ellis. Ogun and JT have both led the AFC in sacks while neither of your guys can stay healthy. But I do have to say unfortunately these 2 teams always play close games and will continue to do so. Only I think that the Dolphins have a better team and will win both games. I also think Herm Edwards is a good players coach but he makes alot of bad gametime decisions so he will continue to cost the jets a couple of wins this year

First off Ricky is a LONG ways from the HOF. he has ahd 1 great season and a couple of good seasons, not HOF caliber yet. needs at least another 5 1,300+ yard seasons. Still has a long way to go.

As for running wild on our D, EVERY back we faced ran all over us last year so that's not an accomplishment and if you look at the #s he wasn't great against he only had 73 yds in the season finale and averaged 3.7 yards against us when nearly every other back probably averaged about 4.5 yards per rush.

Back
Top Bottom