demaryius thomas breaks foot | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

demaryius thomas breaks foot

I'd rather have Demaryius than Taylor and I do like Taylor.

The hype from his production and some of his clips, that's mid-1st round quality hype...and I don't think he's worth that. When I go about talking about things I don't like about him, speed calibration, stuff like that...it's always with that in mind.

But, if he's available at #43, I can think of a lot of candidates for that #43 spot that I would not take over Demaryius Thomas.

Bottom line is he's easily the most physical player in the draft and what that means he will be able to do for your team is always find a way to make your roster, and always find a way to make your active duty roster on game day. You could bring him out onto the field to block from the perimeter on Wildcat plays and it would be worth having him there. He's that good. He doesn't just make big plays in the passing game, he made big plays in the running game. That Wreck offense doesn't have the same big play ability if he's not out there blocking downfield. I just watched a game the other day where Anthony Allen busted out like an 87 yard TD run that would have been more like 15 yards if Demaryius didn't happen to be a ridiculous blocker.

Plus a guy that physical, how could he NOT play special teams? You know he'd be great there.

The guy regularly stiff-arms defenders into the dirt. What does that translate to? Cheap yards. And Miami's offense is all about cheap yards. They love to throw those little screens and let a receiver make one guy miss. Demaryius may not be able to consistently outrun people but he can regularly make one guy miss or just pop a fist in his face and send the guy into the grass. Cheap yards on 1st down, creating a 2nd & 3 or 2nd & 2...that's what Miami is about, whether I particularly like it or I don't.

I'd love the guy on my team. My biggest concern with him, Slimm may have already said this I'm not sure...is consistency. He doesn't run consistently. That gear-down on the out route he does two things really well that create the separation and one thing pretty poorly. He gears down poorly, but on the other hand he was patient with the route and he cut it back to the ball nicely. Thing is, even later you can see another instance of him running the deep out and this time there is zero issue with gear down, and he still cuts back to the ball nicely, but then he fails to haul it in.

Is that the kind of player he is? Two things nice and one thing not so nice? If so he'll piss off the coaches.

But then when I see him block and be physical and make cheap yards happen, show such strong hands...I'd still take him on my team. He's a better prospect than Pat Turner was.

i agree that's what the offense is all about...unfortunately...of course that may be a product of not having a consistent wr who can do more than 5 yard gains with the ball in their hands...

very methodical offense we have right now...all the more reason we NEED a playmaking wr and te....

no doubt he's a better prospect than patrick turner...

Much better prospect than Patrick Turner.....I would have Bebe slotted probably somewhere between 70-90 on my board....

Much better prospect than Patrick Turner.....I would have Bebe slotted probably somewhere between 70-90 on my board....

that's in my wheel house also...and i'd take taylor price over bebe...although i admit bebe would fit in our offense i feel that taylor price is a very underrated wr in this draft...and i agree that he CAN get separation...

I can't slot Taylor Price that high. I think in general this WR class, and really this draft, are a little overrated. I mean, Price is basically a poor man's Johnny Knox. He plays with a little more aggressive attitude, but he has a way worse catch radius. His physicality was not consistent. He has a sloppy running style. He doesn't sink his hips into his breaks. He has brain fart syndrome.

And all this criticism comes from a person who has raved about him and did a YouTube video of him back in November.

I just don't want to run away with his value and pretend he's shown something more than he has.

I like Blair White a lot. I wonder what he'll run. The only negatives on him might be deep speed and I'm not sure I like his aggression to the ball specifically on fade patterns. Other than that, he's ridiculously smart, ridiculously hard working, has fantastic concentration, some of the strongest and most consistent hands in the draft, fantastic body balance and really good footwork, and he's got a good frame at 6'2", good build. Watch out for his wonderlic score. Also, I forget the exact story but it's something to the extent of the team tried to give the MVP award last year to the RB that everyone liked Javon Ringer, and Ringer said that the MVP is Blair White because he works harder than everyone on the team and he showed them all what hard work really is, something to that extent.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would expect any WR coming from Frank Solich up there to be all over the place and inconsistent....I think Price has 1a potential and could be hard to stop....I like WR's that like to compete.....Price does that for me..

I like Blair White also....underrated player that I probably have too low on my WR list....underrated player....

I like Carlton Mitchell better though.....and another guy who I think is underrated in Verran Tucker...

Carlton Mitchell is one of the best signs that this WR draft is overrated, to me. I've been watching home games here at USF of this guy for years. A few years ago there were guys like Jonathan Orr, Todd Watkins, Jeff Webb and Devin Aromashodu, guys that really had tremendous size/speed stories. Yet the NFL recognized them for the inconsistent players that they were and drafted them in the 6th and 7th rounds. The issue was there was no shortage that year of guys with tremendous athletic ability and so the NFL was able to value those guys properly.

Mitchell is no better than any of those guys, and even less consistent than some of them. So why is he being valued in the 2nd round?

And I answer myself, because he's one of the few guys in this draft with a great size/speed story.

i don't see a whole lot of upside with blair white...i think he may be a finshed product...

regardless i'm looking for that one guy to complete this wr core...i also think that taylor price has 1a upside...

i haven't seen much of carlton mitchell yet

I have Carl in my top 10 WR's....but a late 3rd/early 4th round grade on him....mainly due to some of the things you mentioned....the size/speed ratio...

I really liked Aromashodu at Auburn....**** I got sick of seeing him and Obomanu...Ronnie and Caddy making a fool out of Mike Shula all the time...

I thought Saban absolutely stole Devin in the 7th round....

Athletically, so did I. The draft is very humbling. Not a crapshoot, as some say...but humbling.

is it true that jeremy williams has torn both his acls??? if so...pass

I love Thomas, but I have a problem with some of his route running. Particularly his comebacks, Daggers/digs, and outs.

On the comebacks/hitches/curls, he doesn't really explode out of his stance to get the DBs hips turned right out of the gates. He throttles down, but not at the speed you would like. He chops and throws his head, but doesn't do it to the nature that would sell the deep route to DBs in the NFL.

On his digs and outs, he doesn't really sink his hips and plant that outside/inside leg into the ground and explode out of the break. He makes it look choppy and doesn't do it in the minimal amount of steps.

I like him though, I just hope his route running can be fine-tuned.

You know who digs and sinks hips great?

Patrick Turner.

Thomas squares against the ball, he catches with his hands and not his body, and catches away from his body. That's what great receivers do. That's how he beats the dbs and that can not be taught.

He might be available lower in the draft. Gives us an opportunity to focus on the D early.

Back
Top Bottom