Denver drafts right before us at 15 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Denver drafts right before us at 15

jmorgan6977 said:
They are going to offer 15 and 22 to NO they want mario they need a de most. They cannot afford two #1's. That is why the rumor swirrled about them wanting to trade out for next years picks

Makes sense but the #15 and #22 might not be enough.

I read they may be targeting a QB with their move up. Don't forget, they have the 22nd pick in the first round also.

Reverend Fin said:
Makes sense but the #15 and #22 might not be enough.

I think they still have a second unless atl got it then they would get their need filled and not break the bank on three guys in the first 2 rounds then do their rb thing on day 2

showa said:
This looks like Denver's play to move in front of us to take Chris Jackson. Too bad becuz I was actually hoping we would draft him. Big, fast receiver who would just run fly patterns all rookie season as a deep threat for Daunte.

relax I see them moving up to draft a running back.....they lost Anderson and I don't think they are sold on fumble fingers Tatum Bell.....they will draft a RB at 15.

Too bad I wanted to trade down with them I wanted #29, and their 2nd and 3rd or #22 and their 2nd, but they got a bargain price for their 4th and next years 3rd. They want WR and RB likely Chad and Williams/ Maroney either one that falls to them, they just signed another Browns DE, Kenard Lang, and will likely take either DE/DT or SS on their 2nd and a TE on their 3rd, likely Joe Kloepfenstein, they are going to get a heck of a day one draft, if Plummer cant make it with Williams and Bell at RB, and Smith, Lelie and Jackson at WR and Klopfenstein at TE then they are taking QB next year, theyre D will be fine if they pick SS or DL, and I expect another deep playoffs run, if not SB.

mdolp1 said:
relax I see them moving up to draft a running back.....they lost Anderson and I don't think they are sold on fumble fingers Tatum Bell.....they will draft a RB at 15.

I hope so...

With reports saying they want a qb, and with their front office, it sounds to me like they are moving into prime position for Marcus Vick. :lol:

mdolp1 said:

No way are they trading up to take a RB, if they had to they would ride out the season with Dayne but they will probably look for RB later in the draft. Denver has always taken RB's late and made them look for wonders.

To the people complaining about Denver picking at #15, Why? Unless your a big Chad Jackson fan then this is a GREAT thing. Denver will be looking to take a WR or DL most likely. If Denver doesn't take Jackson or a DL (I doubt Bunkley drops and it is way too early for Wimbley/Kiwanuka) I think they will try to trade up with San Francisco in order to position themselves for a shot at Vernon Davis.

I'd rather have Denver in front of us looking for DL/WR and maybe to trade up then Atlanta looking to go DB.

Jimmy James said:
The only thing that sucks about this was that Denver was the most likely trading partner for Miami. I could give a damn about who drafts Chad Jackson the Gator bust as long as it isn't Miami.

You said it! I was actually looking like crazy for the link here on Finheaven to start a new thread (never found it) because that's the big concern as far as I see it. We had DENVER as a very likely suitor from our #16 position and now we have them as a direct competitor.

My idea was that right now SABAN has 3 picks of the top 128 players in college football, trading out of the first round in exchange for a 3rd Round pick and a 4th Round pick would give us great value, we wouldn't have to break the bank paying these guys and we'd get 5 of the top 128 players in college football. I would stake my money on SABAN and MUELLER'S ability to pick a winner from these rounds any day!

But with 5 picks we have enough firepower to really address the "youth" issue that we've needed for a long time. A young QB, WR, CB, LB and FS. Then we still have 3 7th round picks (probably more once the NFL passes out comp picks for loosing free agents) to round out the camp fodder.

I really saw DENVER as a probable trading partner since they really believe that they're a player or two away from the Superbowl. Now the question becomes, which of the teams that pick behind us are likely to offer us multiple picks to trade up to our spot?

Seattle, maybe.... But that's it. I can't think of another team that would give up multople picks to sit at #16. I think that DENVER just trumped us pretty good and like the poster said, they have similar needs (although I do believe at some point they're gonna draft RB) and are now poised to play a major spoiler on draft day.

Any thoughts?

finfan32 said:
jackson will be a bust, he is wes welker (nothing wrong with wes, but he isnt 1st round potential)

Jackson basically has nothing in common with wes. Other than they are both football players... this may be the worste comparasion ive ever seen of 2 players.

its not about who picks one spot ahead of you (unless your name is rick spielman), but rather the 14 other picks. Denver's pick at 15 has little to no affect on Nick's plan. By the time Denver picks we will have our choices narrowed down by the sheer reality of availability.

I know I will be pleased with Nick's choice no matter how Denver performs.

F Denver and the Shanny horse.

Here's one for ya...

I say we draft a safety with our first pick. Safety is a very important position if you want to have a great defense. Name one great defensive team that did or does not have a safety. I think Saban is going to go after a Safety in the draft. Does anyone know of any good safety's coming in the draft. I say pick up Hester from the Canes. I saw him play safety in college and he was all over the field. Plus we can use for other things I think he would be a great player to have on our team...

YONOFU said:
I say we draft a safety with our first pick. Safety is a very important position if you want to have a great defense. Name one great defensive team that did or does not have a safety. I think Saban is going to go after a Safety in the draft. Does anyone know of any good safety's coming in the draft. I say pick up Hester from the Canes. I saw him play safety in college and he was all over the field. Plus we can use for other things I think he would be a great player to have on our team...

Hester.. you have to be kidding me? No thanks..

We do need a safety though.. and a good one..

finfan32 said:
jackson will be a bust, he is wes welker (nothing wrong with wes, but he isnt 1st round potential)

not even close to the same type of player or talent.

Back
Top Bottom