Denver drafts right before us at 15 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Denver drafts right before us at 15

Jimmy James said:
The only thing that sucks about this was that Denver was the most likely trading partner for Miami. I could give a damn about who drafts Chad Jackson the Gator bust as long as it isn't Miami.

:fire: :fire: Take back the bust comment! :fire: Just because Weurffel, Matthews, Grossman, Hilliard, Gaffney, Rhett, Graham, Anthony, and other offensive players recently have failed to live up to expectations, doesn't mean Chad will follow! Right?....Right? :tantrum: :boohoo:

finfan32 said:
jackson will be a bust, he is wes welker (nothing wrong with wes, but he isnt 1st round potential)

How is Jackson Wes Welker?? Welker is 5-9 185 lbs. Jackson is 6-0 almost 6-1 and 213 lbs.

You guys are really reading too much into this since there's over a month before the draft. A ton of things could still happen with guys moving up still and some dropping, the odds of Denver actually targeting a specific at this point isn't very likely. This was too good of a deal to pass up. A late 3rd and a future 4th ain't much to give up for 14 spots in the 1st round.

a WR in the first round, who are we the lions? come on fellas, WR are a bunch of no bodies we need oline or some d help

showa said:
This looks like Denver's play to move in front of us to take Chris Jackson. Too bad becuz I was actually hoping we would draft him. Big, fast receiver who would just run fly patterns all rookie season as a deep threat for Daunte.

I doubt very much we were going to go WR in the 1st round if we stay put at #16, now if we were to trade down, then anything is possible. If we stay at 16, we will be looking at Corner...QB....DT....Safety.....O-tackle....Guard/Center before we go after a reciever.

Samphin said:
:fire: :fire: Take back the bust comment! :fire: Just because Weurffel, Matthews, Grossman, Hilliard, Gaffney, Rhett, Graham, Anthony, and other offensive players recently have failed to live up to expectations, doesn't mean Chad will follow! Right?....Right? :tantrum: :boohoo:

:sidelol:

I don't get all the hate for Chad Jackson.....the guy has everything you want from the receiver position. I don't see why previous Gator 1st round busts would negatively affect him - especially since they occured under Spurrier and Jackson played for Zook/Meyer.

We don't necessarily NEED a receiver, but if Jackson is on the board I think we have to get him. He is a speed guy with amazing hands that should be able to take some pressure off Chambers. I like the idea of C-Pepper having another target on the field that can stretch the field.

I could see Denver easily picking Jackson but I could see them taking DeAngelo Williams or a QB there too easily. They need a future QB and one of the big 3 may slip, if so Denver is in position to snag them up now.

finfan32 said:
jackson will be a bust, he is wes welker (nothing wrong with wes, but he isnt 1st round potential)

:lol: Dumbest post ever

vinivedivichi said:
I don't get all the hate for Chad Jackson.....the guy has everything you want from the receiver position. I don't see why previous Gator 1st round busts would negatively affect him - especially since they occured under Spurrier and Jackson played for Zook/Meyer.

We don't necessarily NEED a receiver, but if Jackson is on the board I think we have to get him. He is a speed guy with amazing hands that should be able to take some pressure off Chambers. I like the idea of C-Pepper having another target on the field that can stretch the field.

I agree, but thats common sense and most here will disagree.

There's a very strong chance that we draft Chad Jackson. We're very interested in him and were one of the three most interested teams in Indianapolis.

As for the thought that advocated drafting Devin Hester in round 1 and play him at safety, Hester wasn't good enough to play corner, wasn't good enough to play WR and so decided to sulk and go pro. He's the most overrated player in the draft by some distance.

Boomer said:
There's a very strong chance that we draft Chad Jackson. We're very interested in him and were one of the three most interested teams in Indianapolis.

Awesome

I think I'm right in saying that it was us, the Chiefs and the Jags that were all over him like a cheap suit.

Back
Top Bottom