Detailed Film Study On Rosen’s Rookie Year | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Detailed Film Study On Rosen’s Rookie Year

Yea, he does let the ball get away from him. But there are certain throws only a few in the NFL can make, and imo he is one of them.

I just think we will all know better by the end of 2019 exactly what the Bill's got moving forward. I think he ends up having a decent year.
I obviously hope you’re wrong. I just remember watching him and seeing a guy who made so many terrible throws. The appeal to him was a guy who could make amazing throws but the inability to put it all together, which is what his rookie year was. I’m not banking on him putting it together at all. He’ll always be a mediocre QB. Remember that terrible throw at the end of game one against us that Nathan Peterman would have made?

Entitled player with a bad attitude...exactly the opposite of what our coaching staff indicates they are after. Polar opposites of our first round pick.

I obviously hope you’re wrong. I just remember watching him and seeing a guy who made so many terrible throws. The appeal to him was a guy who could make amazing throws but the inability to put it all together, which is what his rookie year was. I’m not banking on him putting it together at all. He’ll always be a mediocre QB. Remember that terrible throw at the end of game one against us that Nathan Peterman would have made?

I understand. But there were a few games, one in particular, where he had his wr bracketed in the end zone. The window was so small, but he did it. I looked at my brother (a jills fan) and just shook my head.

He may end up being a marginal QB, we will know alot more after this upcoming season.

Darnold like Rosen, I just have never bought into.

So in summary Rosen can't read defenses. Can't run. Lame duck in the pocket.
Can't hit open targets. Stares down receivers. Get's a lot of balls tipped at LOS
(boy did we see a LOT of that during the Thill era)! And yet... eureka!
He's a great QB with some magic potion coaching and an all-pro OL!

Gotta get me some of that!

Darnold is trash too.

Allen, the jury is still out. But when he finally got the starting job, he made some throws that only top tier QBs like Rodgers make. A very live arm and his ability to escape the pocket will show value.

Definitely agree. Allen made plays and while he runs a little more than I'd like in a QB and he does have accuracy issues, he looks like he's got a future. Darnold is just like Rosen to me. Didn't like either of them last year and my opinion of them has only gotten worse after their rookie seasons.

As to this video... I'm no expert so maybe this guy is some sort of expert or something but this felt like more of a case of confirmation bias as he was on the same field as him during some QB camp way back in high school. How does he look at all of Rosen's games and come away seeing someone who's "close to being great"? He's not even close to being outside of the worst.

Good video.

Rosen has a lovely arm but needs to have his read and recognition skills worked on while not being sold down the river by his coaching team.

Good video.

Rosen has a lovely arm but needs to have his read and recognition skills worked on while not being sold down the river by his coaching team.

Does he have a lovely arm? I'm not saying it's bad. But it doesn't look like it has the mustard on it. I'm not calling the kid Chad Pennington but his balls seem to have that floating kinda velocity.

Back
Top Bottom