Devante Parker Calls it Quits | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Devante Parker Calls it Quits

Hopefully he doesn’t miss any tee times with those nagging hamstring issues.

All joking aside the man, when healthy, was a near elite at snagging the contested ball and made some breathtaking toe tap catches on the sideline. That 2019 season was our real look at what could have been with him. Dude also snagged a 3rd round pick on the way out that became Jalen Ramsey. He put together a solid career he can be proud of.

Wonder if this was health related as well. Regardless, it was fun while it lasted.
He probably realized he just isn't fast enough anymore. He's been the slowest WR in the league for a while now.

I wish him well, he was one of the only bright spots of this franchise in the 2010's.

Weird. I read earlier that "Eagles' Parker to Retire" and I'm like.....Who's that? I guess he must have signed this off season, but he never played for them. Us for 7 years, New England for 2 years. That's nine years and he TOTALED 27 TDs for the career. That's THREE a year, folks! And as many have said, he just couldn't stay healthy to save his life. Never played all 16 games in any year. Ironic that his most TDs - 9 - came in that 2019 year when we had that JV squad as we stripped the team bare to get ready for 2020 and the re-boot. That was 1/3rd of his scores. Kind of a strange career when you add it all up. Good enough to suit up and play but would never be exceptional.

The year we drafted him as we're getting into camp we get the word that he would not be available at the season's start due to having surgery to have a screw put in his foot. We should have known then, I suppose. :bobdole:

Good luck beyond football, DP. Try not to hurt yourself in that house of yours. :chuckle:
He played all 16 games in 2019.

Decent career.
For a mid round draft pick, it would have been a decent career. For a first round pick that so much was expected from, it was very below average.
He just never could stay healthy with the Dolphins and overall he was a major disappointment, IMO.

That being stated, I hope he has success and happiness in his life after football.

Solid career sadly derailed slightly by injuries.

Seemed a decent enough guy.

Wish him all the best for the future.

Very lazy player
Was never a fan even though he had the athletic ability
exactly never spent the time in the weight room or the film room, he is exactly the kind of player that the Dolphins had for years.

My Grandfather's 1982 riding lawnmower could get better separation...uphill.

Wonder if this was health related as well. Regardless, it was fun while it lasted.

He probably struggled to get open at OTA's and it was obvious.

The Eagles suddenly are in the market for a veteran WR and I am not sure how many are out there but they are pretty thin behind Smith/Brown, especially on the outside.

For a mid round draft pick, it would have been a decent career. For a first round pick that so much was expected from, it was very below average.
He just never could stay healthy with the Dolphins and overall he was a major disappointment, IMO.

That being stated, I hope he has success and happiness in his life after football.
i think if you look at overall success rates and lifespans of players in general decent isn’t a stretch ?

It's a shame he was never very healthy or very consistent. He always struck me as a good egg though.

Good luck to him in the next phase of his life and I hope he has been smart with his money.

He probably struggled to get open at OTA's and it was obvious.

The Eagles suddenly are in the market for a veteran WR and I am not sure how many are out there but they are pretty thin behind Smith/Brown, especially on the outside.

Good thing we locked in OBJ then

Back
Top Bottom