Devante Parker Calls it Quits | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Devante Parker Calls it Quits

There are different degrees of busts. Parker may not have been a bust to the degree of Manziel or Jamarcus Russell, but he was still a bust.
No.

You’re incorrect.

He just wasn’t the star we were hoping for considering his draft stock. That’s not a bust.

Edit: But, again, most importantly - I blame Lou. It’s mostly his fault.

Let me put it into terms even a simpleton like you can understand, if they had to do it all over again and knowing that Parker would have only one good season his entire career, do you think Miami would still draft him at 14 overall?
So are implying Zach Wilson is the same kinda bust as Parker? Or are there different levels of bust?

So are implying Zach Wilson is the same kinda bust as Parker? Or are there different levels of bust?

If you're drafted in the top half of the first round and you don't perform anywhere near what you'd expect from someone drafted that early, you're a bust.

It's not hard to figure out.

If you're drafted in the top half of the first round and you don't perform anywhere near what you'd expect from someone drafted that early, you're a bust.

Ok got it. So anyone after 16 is in the clear. What about Iggy and Eich? Well especially Iggy.

Ok got it. So anyone after 16 is in the clear. What about Iggy and Eich? Well especially Iggy.

Look, if you don't get what I'm saying and you want to make it more difficult for the sake of making it more difficult, feel free. Still doesn't make Parker anything other than a bust.

Look, if you don't get what I'm saying and you want to make it more difficult for the sake of making it more difficult, feel free. Still doesn't make Parker anything other than a bust.
Well I agree that he "shoulda/coulda" done more but injuries ya know.... anyways I wish I played 9 years in the NFL so ppl could call me a bust 😂 in FH.

I figured it out; you are trying to define a word to fit your unlikely to be unbiased, opinion.

A classic example of intellectual dishonesty.

:lol:

Could you show us on this doll where the bad man touched you?

6DB612E5-6524-4701-AABF-F70A0BCD67EA.gif

91F81848-6DFD-45DD-BF56-80CDD1F37E8D.gif

Hopefully he doesn’t miss any tee times with those nagging hamstring issues.

All joking aside the man, when healthy, was a near elite at snagging the contested ball and made some breathtaking toe tap catches on the sideline. That 2019 season was our real look at what could have been with him. Dude also snagged a 3rd round pick on the way out that became Jalen Ramsey. He put together a solid career he can be proud of.
I kinda disagree all due respect. So many times he would high point the ball and win the contest for the catch, only to come down out of bounds as he let the smaller DB wrestle him while in the air. It happened a lot. He was good but near elite IMO. He was slow and not much RAC either. I think we might be romanticizing him a bit. I liked him - just didn’t love him. Not mentally tough and it showed up in his inability to play through soft tissue injuries as well as get out-physicaled by smaller defenders too often. Not a hater of the guy - he just never lived up to his billing.

Let me put it into terms even a simpleton like you can understand, if they had to do it all over again and knowing that Parker would have only one good season his entire career, do you think Miami would still draft him at 14 overall?
Bust? No but number 14 overall = no way, I want a redo. Tedd Ginn was a more impactful 1st round WR for us and he shouldn’t have gone that early either. I was at the game where he took back to back KOs to the house vs the Jets. Parker never had a day like that.

Back
Top Bottom