Devante Parker Calls it Quits | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Devante Parker Calls it Quits

Let's be honest, Parker was a bust. You can't be drafted 14 overall and have one good season and the rest mediocre at best and be considered anything else but a bust.
Yes, yes you can.
Especially if you survived to have 9 seasons in the NFL.

Don't confuse unreasonable expectations with reality; unless unreasonable expectations are your reality. Good luck with that. - LOL

Yes, yes you can.
Especially if you survived to have 9 seasons in the NFL.

Don't confuse unreasonable expectations with reality; unless unreasonable expectations are your reality. Good luck with that. - LOL

More than one good season out of a 1st round draft pick is hardly an unreasonable expectation.

More than one good season out of a 1st round draft pick is hardly an unreasonable expectation.
A nine-year active career in the NFL means a player was not a failure, and that's what I'm talking about.

That means just one of us knows what they are talking about here.
Well that certainly leaves you out. - LOL

A nine-year active career in the NFL means a player was not a failure, and that's what I'm talking about.

That means just one of us knows what they are talking about here.
Well that certainly leaves you out. - LOL

I never said he was a failure, I said he was a bust. If you don't understand the difference, don't be afraid to ask for help.

For a minute there before he left town, he was our clutch guy. Gotta have 3rd or 4th down? Call on Parker. Too bad it was just a minute.

It has as an especially disappointing season, i fully expected a playoff win or 2. Plus the board gets so negative at times it’s just best to stay away until the season starts and gives everyone hope again.

Superphin, YOU ARE OUR HOPE.

Dont take that away from us again.

I never said he was a failure, I said he was a bust. If you don't understand the difference, don't be afraid to ask for help.
You are wrong about his being a bust.
It's a good thing you didn't work for Websters.
You would have been fired by now. - LOL

You are wrong about his being a bust.
It's a good thing you didn't work for Websters.
You would have been fired by now. - LOL

Let me put it into terms even a simpleton like you can understand, if they had to do it all over again and knowing that Parker would have only one good season his entire career, do you think Miami would still draft him at 14 overall?

He wasn't a bust. Didn't live up to expectations. Injuries/poor QB play/Own doing at times derailed what could of been a better career here.
A bust is Isaiah Wilson. Or Manziel. Players who can't even finish their ELC contract before being out of the league.

In hindsight, the previous drafts would be completely different, doesn't mean he was a bust. A different team, better staff & bit better injury luck, maybe he's that low end #1 for more years. could be splitting hairs on what a definition of what a bust is.

He wasn't a bust. Didn't live up to expectations. Injuries/poor QB play/Own doing at times derailed what could of been a better career here.
A bust is Isaiah Wilson. Or Manziel. Players who can't even finish their ELC contract before being out of the league.

In hindsight, the previous drafts would be completely different, doesn't mean he was a bust. A different team, better staff & bit better injury luck, maybe he's that low end #1 for more years. could be splitting hairs on what a definition of what a bust is.

There are different degrees of busts. Parker may not have been a bust to the degree of Manziel or Jamarcus Russell, but he was still a bust.

Liked him but he had his flaws. Namely he wasn’t as strong on the ball as someone his size should have been. It was a “will” thing IMO. I don’t think he was a mentally tough player. Seems like a good dude who has nothing to be ashamed about in terms of career accomplishments.

Back
Top Bottom