DeVante Parker doesn’t want your apologies. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DeVante Parker doesn’t want your apologies.

i guess i should've said that bigger wr's werent really overly utilized in his offense. And unless a rookie shows zero semblance of having any talent then the 5th year option is almost always going to be picked up. DVP seemingly was always hyped in the offseason, then would have nagging injuries. also like i said with me following alot of the players on twitter, his maturity level wasnt there either..but also i wasnt a "famous" millionaire when i was 24 y/o either with spotlight on everything i do. my main reference discussion was solely into last year between DVP and Gase. Its one thing if your agent is saying "my guy can play, he's not hurt" and your teammates saying in the media "he's ready to play and healthy, we dont know why he's still on the injury report" that was the big thing last year...he wanted to be on the field, his teammates wanted him to be on the field, but Gase kept saying "no he's injured" that can be read many ways, a) he was really injured despite everyone and minkahs mom (tongue in cheek) saying he wasnt. b) he was in hte dog house and Gase used it as an excuse not to play him c) Gase decided from the point they picked up the 5th year option to that point in time that he wasnt in the future plans beyond this year and wasnt trying to keep him off the field as much as possible to make sure no injury guarantee for the 5th year

edit*.... just noticed you potentially agreed with option C. but i think it could've been b or c (a not likely)
Gase certainly wasn't "straight" with the media, and by extension the fans. The real lack of character was him not being straight with Devante.

Your point about always building him up in the offseason, is true. Different guys respond to different approaches. Perhaps Flores is a better judge of how to get the most out of a player, at least in DP's case.

Apparently not so much with Minkah's mommy, though.....lol.

Parker only needs to average just under 70 yards per game to reach 1,000 yards on the season. His best was around 740. More important than yard marks, Parker needs to continue to get better because he has the talent to be one of the best in the league. Something I have said for four years now.

While we can be certain that Parker is enjoying the better stats, what he doesn’t want is your apology. Don’t worry, he didn’t want mine either. On Twitter Sunday I issued an apology and later that evening, Parker told me to “keep it”.

He wouldn't get an apology from me, if I had an employee who was/is as unmotivated and ill-disciplined as he has shown over the last few years, I would have fired him long ago (actually I doubt I would have hired him the first place).

In this version/era of the NFL 1,000 REC is hardly the mark of excellence it once was. Show me 1,300+ and I start to pay attention.

Daytona come on now i typically love your posts but if we are playing this game, did tannehill make Landry or does that bum Mayfield hold Landry back?? I mean
I love your posts also.

It seems Fitzpatrick prefers tall receivers. Fitz has also been elusive in the pocket (extending plays), unlike Tannehill, that has been beneficial for Parker's numbers this season. Parker's had decent seasons with Tannehill he just couldn't stay healthy. That's his biggest knock in his career.

As to Landry and the Browns. The offense in Miami centered around Landry. Lot and lots of 3-5 yards passes for Landry. It wasn't a recipe for success. In Cleveland Landry isn't the focal point, there's a lot of talent there so obviously his production will get reduced. I haven't watched many Browns games this year but it sounds like coaching is an issue there. Mayfield has shown he is a gifted, talented qb. I'm not going to take anything away from Landry because I believe he is a phenomenal athlete, just shouldn't be used like he was in Miami.

It seems ironic that the year Parker finally may appear to have a breakout season, it's a useless season for Miami. That being said, I truly hope Parker finally becomes a consistent top 10 wr for many years to come, like we hoped he would.

Didn't read the full extent of the exchange. However, Parker needs to

1) Actually finish the season healthy
2) Show consistency the following year.

Right now, He's had 1/2 of a good season. That shouldn't be something to get big headed about.

I love your posts also.

It seems Fitzpatrick prefers tall receivers. Fitz has also been elusive in the pocket (extending plays), unlike Tannehill, that has been beneficial for Parker's numbers this season. Parker's had decent seasons with Tannehill he just couldn't stay healthy. That's his biggest knock in his career.

As to Landry and the Browns. The offense in Miami centered around Landry. Lot and lots of 3-5 yards passes for Landry. It wasn't a recipe for success. In Cleveland Landry isn't the focal point, there's a lot of talent there so obviously his production will get reduced. I haven't watched many Browns games this year but it sounds like coaching is an issue there. Mayfield has shown he is a gifted, talented qb. I'm not going to take anything away from Landry because I believe he is a phenomenal athlete, just shouldn't be used like he was in Miami.

It seems ironic that the year Parker finally may appear to have a breakout season, it's a useless season for Miami. That being said, I truly hope Parker finally becomes a consistent top 10 wr for many years to come, like we hoped he would.
Not to break up the "love fest", but neither JL nor RT have any bearing on Devante, or his future here.

Parker is having his bestcseason as a pro. I believe this is a combination of consistent health, and just as important, better coaching.

At this point, though, I don't extend him early. The contract he has boosts his salary next season anyway, and he needs to show he can do it for more than a handful of games.

Not to break up the "love fest", but neither JL nor RT have any bearing on Devante, or his future here.

Parker is having his bestcseason as a pro. I believe this is a combination of consistent health, and just as important, better coaching.

At this point, though, I don't extend him early. The contract he has boosts his salary next season anyway, and he needs to show he can do it for more than a handful of games.
Yeah has nothing to do with Fitzpatrick. I'll just ignore Parker's numbers when Fitz is the starting qb. His average targets per game w/ Fitz are the most in his career. Is it really any surprise his numbers are approaching career best? More targets=More production

I just can't imagine that DP11 or any professional is waiting around his phone to get apologies from fickle outsiders.... His response was perfect.

Yeah has nothing to do with Fitzpatrick. I'll just ignore Parker's numbers when Fitz is the starting qb. His average targets per game w/ Fitz are the most in his career. Is it really any surprise his numbers are approaching career best? More targets=More production
I don't discount QB play at all, but you also have to factor in his consistent availability.

When I said coaching was a factor, some of that goes to Flo/O'shea knowing how to use him. RT had his faults, but it was Gases choice on calling plays that had DP as the 3rd or 4th option. You know, on those rare occasions that it wasn't a WR screen, or 4yd route out of the slot.

I don't discount QB play at all, but you also have to factor in his consistent availability.

When I said coaching was a factor, some of that goes to Flo/O'shea knowing how to use him. RT had his faults, but it was Gases choice on calling plays that had DP as the 3rd or 4th option. You know, on those rare occasions that it wasn't a WR screen, or 4yd route out of the slot.

Past coaches knew how to use him. The qb's didn't have time to complete the play, That's why we were always throwing 3-4 yard passes. Fitz knows how to improvise and be elusive. I don't know why it's so hard to give Fitz the majority of the credit. Fitz has given this team a pulse, without him we would be winless. There's a reason he will be team MVP when the season is over. It's not because of the coaching.

Past coaches knew how to use him. The qb's didn't have time to complete the play, That's why we were always throwing 3-4 yard passes. Fitz knows how to improvise and be elusive. I don't know why it's so hard to give Fitz the majority of the credit. Fitz has given this team a pulse, without him we would be winless. There's a reason he will be team MVP when the season is over. It's not because of the coaching.
I'm not sure where that is coming from. I have no problem witg Fitz, and I haven't seen any indication that, by and large, other posters do either. I just said it is more than one single factor.

The fact that you would state that Gase knew how to use anybody, not named Albert Wilson (because he fit Gases preconceived offense), calls your judgement into question, IMO.

I just can't imagine that DP11 or any professional is waiting around his phone to get apologies from fickle outsiders.... His response was perfect.

His response should have been "no response!"
There's very few good things that come out of these exchanges with the public.

Now, there's been an entire story made out of it.
This is the type of thing coach Flo and that NE brand is constantly referring to.
The more time you dedicate to this then the less time you dedicate to your craft.

His response should have been "no response!"
There's very few good things that come out of these exchanges with the public.

Now, there's been an entire story made out of it.
This is the type of thing coach Flo and that NE brand is constantly referring to.
The more time you dedicate to this then the less time you dedicate to your craft.
I agree with you that the twatterverse is a useless waste of time, but others enjoy it, so to each their own.

It's not realistic, outside of the dictatorial regime in NE, to expect the younger generation to simply ignore what has become part of modern culture. They grew up with it. Social media is a part of life to them, and part of who they are.

I don't really see the harm in it, as long as they are mentally stable, and if they aren't, they will have issues anyway.

I would’ve been pissed if Parker went to another team and had the same season as he’s having right now

I agree with you that the twatterverse is a useless waste of time, but others enjoy it, so to each their own.

It's not realistic, outside of the dictatorial regime in NE, to expect the younger generation to simply ignore what has become part of modern culture. They grew up with it. Social media is a part of life to them, and part of who they are.

I don't really see the harm in it, as long as they are mentally stable, and if they aren't, they will have issues anyway.

Agreed that it's a part of their yonger generation. But completely disagree that it's not or can't be harmful.
We have tons of example of social media harming many...

Back
Top Bottom