Devante Parker ||"plug Walk"|| Hype Video ||year Of The Monster|| | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Devante Parker ||"plug Walk"|| Hype Video ||year Of The Monster||

If he comes into his own which is a big if. This offense will be scary good

He's just slowly learning how to take care of himself and be a pro, right?

Jokes aside, I REALLY hope he puts it together this season. We beed him more than ever. Better late than never.

DeVante Parker was drafted in the 2015 NFL Draft. He played in the 2015, 2016 and 2017 NFL seasons. The 2018 NFL season will be his 4th year. According to cbssports.com, foxsports.com and spotrac.com . . . . . . on April 24, 2018, the Miami Dolphins exercised a 5th-year option on his rookie contract. His 5th year will be the 2019 NFL season. So . . . . . . that makes the 2019 NFL season a contract year for Parker . . . . . not the 2018 NFL season. Am I correct?

DeVante Parker was drafted in the 2015 NFL Draft. He played in the 2015, 2016 and 2017 NFL seasons. The 2018 NFL season will be his 4th year. According to cbssports.com, foxsports.com and spotrac.com . . . . . . on April 24, 2018, the Miami Dolphins exercised a 5th-year option on his rookie contract. His 5th year will be the 2019 NFL season. So . . . . . . that makes the 2019 NFL season a contract year for Parker . . . . . not the 2018 NFL season. Am I correct?
Correct.

Two posts in this thread state that this is a contract year for DeVante Parker. It is not. Based on his current contract situation, the 2019 NFL season is. Aren’t members of this forum expected to be informed? Especially when the information is available with a basic Internet search? This is my second post only because I got fed up with reading forum posts with incorrect information. Everyone knows the information is available from a variety of Internet sources . . . . . please, I am asking . . . . . . can we verify it before posting?

By the way, Sean, thank you for confirming my information.

Parker is a bust, he can't stay healthy and even when he is healthy he doesn't exactly excel.

Only 3, 100 yard performances and no multi TD games. In 2017 At 6'3 his catch% inside the 20 was only 41% compared to Still who caught 60% and Landry who had 78%. Even Julius Thomas caught 45% of passes inside the 20.

It only got worse inside to 10 where he caught a paltry 16% of his passes. Again Landry caught 78% and even Thomas caught 42%.

Out of everyone in the NFL for the 2017 season who had at least 5 targets inside the 10 Parker was 6th worst in the NFL as far as catch%.

Parker is a bust, he can't stay healthy and even when he is healthy he doesn't exactly excel.

Only 3, 100 yard performances and no multi TD games. In 2017 At 6'3 his catch% inside the 20 was only 41% compared to Still who caught 60% and Landry who had 78%. Even Julius Thomas caught 45% of passes inside the 20.

It only got worse inside to 10 where he caught a paltry 16%
of his passes. Again Landry caught 78% and even Thomas caught 42%.

Out of everyone in the NFL for the 2017 season who had at least 5 targets inside the 10 Parker was 6th worst in the NFL as far as catch%.

Sure we can look at numbers in a vacuum, but look at those passes to Parker inside the 10 and tell me how many were passes that you think he had a decent chance of making. For example if a corner fade the goes out of bounds is not a play that you expect anyone to make. A pass thrown in the ground three feet in front of a receiver is another play that can distort stats. Sure I would have loved to see more production from Parker, but the truth is Landry was the clear cut number one receiver. Stills was coming of a nice 2016 season and a nice contract in the offseason, so you knew the team wasn't paying him that money to give him just a few targets here and there. Parker was used like a number three receiver and he had more receptions than any teams number three receiver and more receptions than most teams number two receiver. An increased role in 2018 will result in increased numbers.

Sure we can look at numbers in a vacuum, but look at those passes to Parker inside the 10 and tell me how many were passes that you think he had a decent chance of making. For example if a corner fade the goes out of bounds is not a play that you expect anyone to make. A pass thrown in the ground three feet in front of a receiver is another play that can distort stats. Sure I would have loved to see more production from Parker, but the truth is Landry was the clear cut number one receiver. Stills was coming of a nice 2016 season and a nice contract in the offseason, so you knew the team wasn't paying him that money to give him just a few targets here and there. Parker was used like a number three receiver and he had more receptions than any teams number three receiver and more receptions than most teams number two receiver. An increased role in 2018 will result in increased numbers.

So the rest of the team with the same QB somehow caught a higher % of passes thrown their way inside the RZ. Parker was pretty much the worst but for some reason when QB's threw his way it just happens to be more inaccurate? Even Thomas who looked like he was moving in slow motion caught 42% of his passes inside the 10 compared to Parkers 16%.

He may have caught more passes than most #3's but he also caught less TD's than most #4's including our own Jakeem Grant who doubled Parkers TD total. There were 159 players last year who caught at least 2 or more TD's, Parker is not part of that elite club.

So the rest of the team with the same QB somehow caught a higher % of passes thrown their way inside the RZ. Parker was pretty much the worst but for some reason when QB's threw his way it just happens to be more inaccurate? Even Thomas who looked like he was moving in slow motion caught 42% of his passes inside the 10 compared to Parkers 16%.

He may have caught more passes than most #3's but he also caught less TD's than most #4's including our own Jakeem Grant who doubled Parkers TD total. There were 159 players last year who caught at least 2 or more TD's, Parker is not part of that elite club.

Just saying you can't judge players of 1 of 6 redzone targets without actually looking at the 5 passes missed and seeing if they were actually catchable passes. IF they were than yes your point is well taken, but if they were passes you wouldn't expect anybody to catch than you can't hold that against the receiver. I'm just saying look at the 5 misses on film instead of just looking at the numbers in a vacuum.

I really hope he fulfills his potential this year. He's made some spectacular plays.

OK I just went back at looked at the five misses inside the 10 for Parker:

1 : week 15 against the Bills - Cutler drops the snap picks up the ball and hurries a pass to Parker on the back end line that the db undercuts and bats the ball away. No real chance for Parker to make a play.

2 : week 15 against the Bills - Cutler throws a corner fade 50/50 ball to Parker. Parker gets his hands on it but doesn't make the catch. I would have liked to see him come down with this pass, but not sure he would have been in bounds. Would still have liked to see a catch on the play so I'll put this one on Parker.

3: week 11 against the Bucs - Parker runs a out route in the endzone Moore is high on the pass and the timing is off either Moore early on the throw or Parker late on the route. But the pass was still high and likely uncatchable.

4: week 2 against the Chargers - endzone fade route 50/50 ball db knocks ball away. Not really sure how you want to look at it. The pass from Cutler was ok, Parker's route ok, never really got his hands on the ball. Maybe you could say he could have fought back through the defender more to give himself a better chance at the reception, but still a long shot to make the play at best.

For some reason I can't find the 5th miss inside the 10.

I did see another pass against the Bucs in week 11 from the 14 - Parker runs and out at the 3 yardline but the pass from Cutler is two feet above his head and he has no realistic chance.

Only the 2nd miss listed is a catch I think Landry or Stills would have made. I think Landry catches the ball but as stated earlier I'm not sure he would have come down in bounds with it.

I'm not saying there weren't plays during the season that I think Parker could have or should have made. I'm just saying you can't just look at the numbers in a situation without taking everything else into consideration. I still believe more opportunities and more responsability for Parker will mean more production.

Last edited:
Post gifs of those 5 or 6 plays

I looked at them on NFL game pass, unfortunately I have no idea how to create a gif. Is it something you can easily tell me how to do? Or if anybody else has Game Pass and knows how to do it I would appreciate it.

I looked at them on NFL game pass, unfortunately I have no idea how to create a gif. Is it something you can easily tell me how to do? Or if anybody else has Game Pass and knows how to do it I would appreciate it.

I have no idea. But I can tell ya that if the throw leads the wr out of bounds that’s on the qb unless the wr allowed himself to be rerouted out there and thus the ball must be placed there. The qb even on a 3 step is reading the release and leverage post snap that’s how he determines back shoulder or fade etc.

Also depends on the split in terms of the spacing for the route to the boundary.

Back
Top Bottom