Devante Parker ||"plug Walk"|| Hype Video ||year Of The Monster|| | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Devante Parker ||"plug Walk"|| Hype Video ||year Of The Monster||

I make zero excuses for Parker. When you're a #1 pick in the NFL draft there are many expectations that come along with it. Parker has come up short and so far has been pretty far from being a good first rounder. Elite talent alone without the passion to work and improve each day won't get it done in the NFL, in school maybe, but once a player arrives at this level, everybody is fast or big or special in some way. He has every reason to have a great season including getting his QB back, Landry's gone=more targets, he's actually healthy and he appears to be working hard this off-season. If he doesn't put up strong numbers I make zero excuses for the guy. I'm expecting a big year from DeVante.

And full disclosure Miami doesn’t need Devantae to be an alpha provided it can stick with this promised tempo.

Won’t need Gesicki to be either. The tempo will be the primary meal ticket driving a lot of production.

OK I just went back at looked at the five misses inside the 10 for Parker:

1 : week 15 against the Bills - Cutler drops the snap picks up the ball and hurries a pass to Parker on the back end line that the db undercuts and bats the ball away. No real chance for Parker to make a play.

2 : week 15 against the Bills - Cutler throws a corner fade 50/50 ball to Parker. Parker gets his hands on it but doesn't make the catch. I would have liked to see him come down with this pass, but not sure he would have been in bounds. Would still have liked to see a catch on the play so I'll put this one on Parker.

3: week 11 against the Bucs - Parker runs a out route in the endzone Moore is high on the pass and the timing is off either Moore early on the throw or Parker late on the route. But the pass was still high and likely uncatchable.

4: week 2 against the Chargers - endzone fade route 50/50 ball db knocks ball away. Not really sure how you want to look at it. The pass from Cutler was ok, Parker's route ok, never really got his hands on the ball. Maybe you could say he could have fought back through the defender more to give himself a better chance at the reception, but still a long shot to make the play at best.

For some reason I can't find the 5th miss inside the 10.

I did see another pass against the Bucs in week 11 from the 14 - Parker runs and out at the 3 yardline but the pass from Cutler is two feet above his head and he has no realistic chance.

Only the 2nd miss listed is a catch I think Landry or Stills would have made. I think Landry catches the ball but as stated earlier I'm not sure he would have come down in bounds with it.

I'm not saying there weren't plays during the season that I think Parker could have or should have made. I'm just saying you can't just look at the numbers in a situation without taking everything else into consideration. I still believe more opportunities and more responsability for Parker will mean more production.

Thats fair but this is also a guy whose career high in TD's is 4. There comes a point where maybe we start pointing the finger at him and saying he's the problem and maybe his lack of effort or preparation or whatever the case may be. Maybe this guy is never going to be the alpha #1 WR we thought he would be when he was drafted.

Back
Top Bottom