DeVonta Smith Declines to be weighed or measured at Senior Bowl | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DeVonta Smith Declines to be weighed or measured at Senior Bowl

bdizzle00

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to share this as I came across it on Yahoo Sports. I have no idea if this is significant or if it's a normal occurrance. I'm sure there are others on the board much more educated as to what, if anything, this might mean. I'd be curious to know.

he doesn’t want to hurt his stock. He’s a unique talent who is skinny af. He’s a top 10 pick no matter what. All I know is dolphins need to go all offense first 2 rounds.

He also said that he would weight in at his Pro day. Nothing different than players waiting til their pro day to run the100 yd dash.

He also said that he would weight in at his Pro day. Nothing different than players waiting til their pro day to run the100 yd dash.

100 yard dash? You mean 40 I take it

It’s definitely different. He’s being told he needs to add weight for nfl teams I’m sure...

it’s no different than other guys trying to add/carry more weight to alleviate every down concerns/poa play concerns etc at other positions

there will be a bunch of built in/made up excuses for it depending on which side of it you fall on but it’s definitely less than ideal.

should he care much? Nah cause you’re aren’t putting much good weight on that frame anyways

Last edited:
I heard earlier he wasn't going to take part, just making himself available for interviews. NFL is not allowing pre draft visits and this is his opportunity to sell himself to Flo. Not only is the Slim Reaper gifted, he is intelligent.

All teams are prohibited from timing, testing, interviewing in-person or giving medical exams to any draft prospect outside of a school's pro day or an all-star game because of ongoing concerns surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, Pelissero noted.
"The presence of a college player at a club's facility is prohibited, even if the player has been invited by a current NFL player," the memo read in part. "If a college player appears at a club's facility, he should be advised that his presence is prohibited by NFL rules and should be requested to leave immediately. A violation of this type will subject the involved club and club employee to appropriate penalties under the League's anti-tampering policy."

100 yard dash? You mean 40 I take it

It’s definitely different. He’s being told he needs to add weight for nfl teams I’m sure...

it’s no different than other guys trying to add/carry more weight to alleviate every down concerns/poa play concerns etc at other positions

there will be a bunch of built in/made up excuses for it depending on which side of it you fall on but it’s definitely less than ideal.

should he care much? Nah cause you’re aren’t putting much good weight on that frame anyways

I just saw that Isaac Bruce only weighed 173 when he was officially weighed. As you know Harrison was 175. A quick search showed Hilton was 183 and Clayton was 176. I'm sure if we really dug, we'd find a ton more of receivers in that 175-185 range.

His weight is actually starting to be less and less of a concern to me. If you can get open, the rules these days totally protect smaller receivers.

I think with todays NFL you need both big bodied and quick twitch wr's. I think the quick twitch wr's are imperative between the 20's and the big bodied receivers do better damage in the red zone.

We have the big bodied possession receivers, its time to add the quick twitch.

I just saw that Isaac Bruce only weighed 173 when he was officially weighed. As you know Harrison was 175. I quick search showed Hilton was 183 and Clayton was 176. I'm sure if we really dug, we'd find a ton more of receivers in that 175-185 range.

His weight is actually starting to be less and less of a concern to me. If you can get open, the rules these days totally protect smaller receivers.

I think with todays NFL you need both big bodied and quick twitch wr's. I think the quick twitch wr's are imperative between the 20's and the big bodied receivers do better damage in the red zone.

I hear you....

im guessing he’d probably rather have a number with an 8 in front of it than a 7 for his draft stock at least which is why he’s probably waiting to weigh in.

I might be wrong on this but I don’t think any of those guys with 7s in front were ever drafted top 10 regardless of what they turned into in the pros production wise etc or how they played.

I just saw that Isaac Bruce only weighed 173 when he was officially weighed. As you know Harrison was 175. A quick search showed Hilton was 183 and Clayton was 176. I'm sure if we really dug, we'd find a ton more of receivers in that 175-185 range.

Honestly, reading this makes me feel much better about him. I still think #3 is too early, but it alleviates some of my concern that he would get broken in half by a 215 lb. safety when he's coming over the middle.

Back
Top Bottom