DeVonta Smith Declines to be weighed or measured at Senior Bowl | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DeVonta Smith Declines to be weighed or measured at Senior Bowl

Waiting for your pro day though you can’t really weigh in one day drop tbe water weight and run the next day when you work out like you can at the combine for example.

you gonna weigh in and run the same day I would think...unless he just skips tbe 40 which we’ve seen guys do Lamar Jackson for example but that’s usually QBs

the 2nd overall pick last year to the skins might have skipped running too if I recall.

Dolphins need to take him off their board completely. There's a lot of 210 pound receivers that stay covered and drop passes to choose from for Miami.

I can only imagine what it would feel like for you to see Tua, Smith, and Harris all go to Miami. You might finally have to come around and join the fish. Drew Bress is done! New Orleans is done! Repent and we'll wlecome you with open arms. All is forgiven!

Honestly, reading this makes me feel much better about him. I still think #3 is too early, but it alleviates some of my concern that he would get broken in half by a 215 lb. safety when he's coming over the middle.

im not worried about that...it’s more just draft stock with the frame stuff.

durability in the pros I don’t see being a real flag

Lol

not surprised

probably gonna try to add weight before his pro day if there’s no combine

water weight I’m sure

weigh in drop water weight. Run after. It’s all a game
Ya they do the water weight thing for sure. But he will also more likely add muscle mass between now and his pro day. That is just how it works. Most players tend to lose weight during the season. Off-season work outs are more if build muscle mass/strength, while in season workouts are mire maintain stay healthy. I read where sme players especially college kids can lose 25-30 pounds in a season. Now those are OL types. Either way Smith is thin but he may have weighed 180 to start the season and us like 170-175 now. But really no reason for him to weigh in at the senior bowl, the more surprising thing is a player like him even coming it at all. But I believe he there more for just the interviews and such. I thought I read he will be limited as he dislocated his finger in the CFB Championship.

Harrison at 19 was the highest, Bruce was 33. Clayton, 52 and TY, 92 were later.

I just think the NFL has changed so much rule wise these days, that for wr's...if you can ball, you can ball.

Ya they do the water weight thing for sure. But he will also more likely add muscle mass between now and his pro day. That is just how it works. Most players tend to lose weight during the season. Off-season work outs are more if build muscle mass/strength, while in season workouts are mire maintain stay healthy. I read where sme players especially college kids can lose 25-30 pounds in a season. Now those are OL types. Either way Smith is thin but he may have weighed 180 to start the season and us like 170-175 now. But really no reason for him to weigh in at the senior bowl, the more surprising thing is a player like him even coming it at all. But I believe he there more for just the interviews and such. I thought I read he will be limited as he dislocated his finger in the CFB Championship.

yeah drop 5 lbs or add 5 lbs absolutely. But you ain’t adding 20 lbs on that frame with that thin lower half and not scraping atblete in the process...

so it’s just to me a they want me to add weight to alleviate some frame concerns stuff. Just trying to check another box.

will it matter for what kind of pro he will be? I don’t see it

Not concern at all. Our staff will have a chance to have a good long look at the senior bowl three days practice and live game action. More than enough to form an evaluation.

Harrison at 19 was the highest, Bruce was 33. Clayton, 52 and TY, 92 were later.

I just think the NFL has changed so much rule wise these days, that for wr's...if you can ball, you can ball.

I get it. I just know the nfl likes prototypes at the top of the draft. Probably qb being the biggest change in thinking there of late

yeah drop 5 lbs or add 5 lbs absolutely. But you ain’t adding 20 lbs on that frame with that thin lower half and not scraping atblete in the process...

so it’s just to me a they want me to add weight to alleviate some frame concerns stuff. Just trying to check another box.

will it matter for what kind of pro he will be? I don’t see it
Ya I am not say anything close to 20 for Smith but 5-10 sure. As you mentioned probably wants to get that 7 into an 8 in weight.

I am not really concerned at all with Smith being 180. Even the top CBs in the SEC who will be high picks in the NFL can't stop Smith in man press.

I said this in a draft thread. Smith has long arms which is great for catch radius but also helps in beating press coverage. Just like when people say it is so important for a LT to have a long reach to keep the DE from getting into their body the same works for a WR against press coverage. For Smith he uses those long arms to keep the DB off his body and shifts fast to go by the defender. Smith has that legnth/technique to beat press even against bigger stronger CB's.

Ya I am not say anything close to 20 for Smith but 5-10 sure. As you mentioned probably wants to get that 7 into an 8 in weight.

I am not really concerned at all with Smith being 180. Even the top CBs in the SEC who will be high picks in the NFL can't stop Smith in man press.

I said this in a draft thread. Smith has long arms which is great for catch radius but also helps in beating press coverage. Just like when people say it is so important for a LT to have a long reach to keep the DE from getting into their body the same works for a WR against press coverage. For Smith he uses those long arms to keep the DB off his body and shifts fast to go by the defender. Smith has that legnth/technique to beat press even against bigger stronger CB's.

it’s that natural separation that’s the most enticing quality for me at least.

Devantae Adam’s showed that Sunday off the los and I couldn’t help but think devonta smith could give me that

I could see an 8 in front of it come when he weighs in no doubt.

I don't see why he bothered with this.

It is no secret that he is light.

The questions will come if he gets weighed but declines to run, or runs but declines to be weighed.

Because he could put on some weight that would slow him down to impress the scouts worried about his size, and then go back down to his actual playing weight to run.

We can all see who he is physically, added weight room muscle is not going to change the skinny lower body that may or may not hold up at the NFL level.

Back
Top Bottom