DeVonta Smith Declines to be weighed or measured at Senior Bowl | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DeVonta Smith Declines to be weighed or measured at Senior Bowl

I am all for an all Alabama first 2 rounds.
Smith, Najee, Leatherwood and Creed.

Instant upgrade of the offense. All of them familiar with Tua. I have said it like 50 times hoping I can speak it into existence.
Could you imagine, has something like that ever been done?

If we draft Najee Harris in the first round I truly believe I will sh* t a brick....

I am all for an all Alabama first 2 rounds.
Smith, Najee, Leatherwood and Creed.

Instant upgrade of the offense. All of them familiar with Tua. I have said it like 50 times hoping I can speak it into existence.
You know creed went to Oklahoma, right?

Is this sarcasm? Absolutely nothing a like at all.
Ginn was a track guy playing WR. He was shorter, a bad route runner and wouldn't go over the middle of the field at all. Heck he would run OB 5 yards before just to avoid contact.

Heck lets just look at some football numbers.
Ginn: 37gp 135rec 1943yrd 14.4ypc (career)
Smith: 13gp 117rec 1856yrd 15.9ypc( last year)

Yep so comparable.
Plus Ginn was a bit of a long strider and had build up speed. Ginn didn't have that sudden quickness either. Ginn and Smith are nothing alike.

Is this sarcasm? Absolutely nothing a like at all.
Ginn was a track guy playing WR. He was shorter, a bad route runner and wouldn't go over the middle of the field at all. Heck he would run OB 5 yards before just to avoid contact.

Heck lets just look at some football numbers.
Ginn: 37gp 135rec 1943yrd 14.4ypc (career)
Smith: 13gp 117rec 1856yrd 15.9ypc( last year)

Yep so comparable.

He is no Tyreek Hill.

Why would he get weighed or timed outside of his friendly neighborhood Alabama Pro-Day? The guy is gonna come in at 165 lbs. and that's gonna scare GM's. His speed is already considered elite, so why take a chance on measuring it and being viewed as less elite? Wait until you've got the best possible situation. There is no Combine and he's not seen as ducking measurements because the Senior Bowl is lucky he is even attending. That's not a typical stop for the top 15 guys. IMHO, he desperately wants to be chosen #3 overall so wants to take the opportunity to hobnob with the Dolphins, because realistically, #3 is the absolute highest he has a chance of being selected. Plus he already has a good relationship with Tua, and I'm sure he wants to let the Dolphins know it an extra 50 or so times during the week.

Many people claim that the practices are the most important part of the Senior Bowl week, but there are also a lot of people saying the interviews are the most important part. By showing up and giving face time (the expression--not the copycat name used for the iphone app) to the Dolphins and making himself available to the GM's of all teams, he is probably getting from the Senior Bowl the absolute best parts for him he would have gotten from the Combine. Smart move on Smith's part.

Also, kids NOT doing what Davonta Smith is doing are missing the boat. GM's need to gain a level of confidence with high picks, and asking them questions on the spot helps allay their worst fears of drafting a bust. More prospects should be doing this in a year without a Combine. It shows courage and a competitive nature, which all GM's love.

I don’t see his size as a durability issue. I doubt it’s any easier to tear his ACL than it is for someone who outweighs him by 20 or 30 pounds. His bones won’t break any easier. He’s not playing offensive line, I mean before they changed the rules and added illegal contact, then I could see the issue would be can he get off the LOS, but with the Rule changes he’ll probably be just fine.
Cant tear a calf if you don’t have a calf lol

Dolphins need to take him off their board completely. There's a lot of 210 pound receivers that stay covered and drop passes to choose from for Miami.
You know slim you could end up becoming a fin if we pick up a few more of your Bama boys!

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom