Devonta Smith | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Devonta Smith

At this point I just hope the Fins pick Smith at 6 so you leave this place and I dont have to read your annoying non-sense every 3 posts.
At this point, I REALLY hope we don’t draft Pitts. And I like Pitts. But the amount of “boom! In your face! Told all you Bama fanboys” posts I’d have to read would make me wish our 1st round pick retired before the season started

Unfortunately we'll never know, but I'd bet everything I own that given an entire year to do nothing but train for the underwear Olympics that Smith runs a faster 40 than Chase.
If's and but's what does that mean? To me it takes more discipline to keep yourself in shape when you are not in a routine. In a season, there is practice and you have your teammates to work out with.

So Chase hasn't always been a chiseled 200+? He wasn't always stronger than Smith? That has been consistent, sorry but a yr off and he comes out like this? But Smith cannot even step on a scale? Come on. I don't give two shits about a Pro Day but combine that what with Chase did on the field? That is enough for me.

At this point, I REALLY hope we don’t draft Pitts. And I like Pitts. But the amount of “boom! In your face! Told all you Bama fanboys” posts I’d have to read would make me wish our 1st round pick retired before the season started
Yeah that would be so much worse than all of the BAMA fans that run it everyday, Lol.

If's and but's what does that mean? To me it takes more discipline to keep yourself in shape when you are not in a routine. In a season, there is practice and you have your teammates to work out with.

So Chase hasn't always been a chiseled 200+? He wasn't always stronger than Smith? That has been consistent, sorry but a yr off and he comes out like this? But Smith cannot even step on a scale? Come on. I don't give two ****s about a Pro Day but combine that what with Chase did on the field? That is enough for me.
I'm not saying Chase can't be great. Personally I'm fine if we end up with any one of the four. My whole thing is that I just don't buy that Pitts/Chase are on a different level than Smith/Waddle. That's all.

They all have their pros and cons in my mind.

All "two' of us.....mighty powerful....but thanks..

I'm not saying Chase can't be great. Personally I'm fine if we end up with any one of the four. My whole thing is that I just don't buy that Pitts/Chase are on a different level than Smith/Waddle. That's all.

They all have their pros and cons in my mind.
I agree with you and think your a good poster. I think both will be good I just think Chase checks more boxes and that is Giving Smith the edge in route running and probably speed (I guess) because as you said Smith looks faster.

To me Pitts is another animal

I agree with you and think your a good poster. I think both will be good I just think Chase checks more boxes and that is Giving Smith the edge in route running and probably speed (I guess) because as you said Smith looks faster.

To me Pitts is another animal
I think people are getting caught up in Pitts's size too much that they are ignoring the fact that he's the slowest of the four. Sure for jump balls he'll be a matchup nightmare, but what about a lot of other routes? His size becomes much less of a factor and the speed plays more into it.

Like I said though, give me any one of the four and I'm good.

If you
All "two' of us.....mighty powerful....but thanks..
If you are talking about Bama fans, seems like a Hell of a lot more than two. Hey I have been a fan of BAMA myself since I was a kid. I guess with success it just brings saturation and Saban has almost made them into the Evil Empire. lol. But I have much respect for their dominance just think people get too infatuated with their players sometimes.

I think people are getting caught up in Pitts's size too much that they are ignoring the fact that he's the slowest of the four. Sure for jump balls he'll be a matchup nightmare, but what about a lot of other routes? His size becomes much less of a factor and the speed plays more into it.

Like I said though, give me any one of the four and I'm good.
I guess on that is the fact that those are freaky numbers for a TE. For a WR a little more common. I mean 4.4 for a TE? But it does make you think about what kind of packages you are using with him.

It's funny. When the off-season began, and we all knew Tua needed some more offensive weapons, it was all about us getting Smith for me. When you factor in Pitts, I find it more complicated because he can do both WR and TE at a high level. My gut tells me Smith is going to be a stud because he's an elite route runner. I think it boils down to the offense we want to run. Who we take should give us a clue as to what our new coordinators want to do. I would be happy with either one.
I really think that is a huge key and something that all those fixated on just his weight are missing. In my experience, the biggest mistake evaluators make is under estimating the importance of route running. Actually, Daniel Jeremiah said the other day on his podcast that when he looks back at the mistakes he's made on WR evals, it's almost always b/c he under estimated the importance of route running. I think you saw the same thing happen last season when so many people slept on Jefferson.

I'm also on the same page with you about being happy with either Pitts or Smith. IMO Smith is the best WR in this class and Pitts is a unique talent. You can't go wrong with either of those.

Back
Top Bottom