Did anything ever happen to the refs.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did anything ever happen to the refs..

No. I was at that game, my first ever Dolphins - Eagles game, as a life long eastern Pa resident. I went with my brother and some friends, all of whom are Eagles fans. I was bitching the whole way home.
Calling that game a travesty is an understatement. Lane Johnson just could not contain Jaelen Phillips so he resorted to quite a bit of holding, none of which drew the refs attention apparently because Lane Johnson is just too good of a player to be called for holding.

The Christian Wilkins roughing the passer penalty gifted the Eagles 7 points (or at least 4). The back judge, who didn't call the penalty, mouthing the words "Are you sure" to the Eagles fan ref on that call just plays back in my mind over and over again.

Jaylen Waddle was also interfered with on Tua's late game INT, granted it wasn't the best throw, Waddle wasn't allowed to make the play on the ball to at the very least prevent the INT.

I'll NEVER get over that game. And that POS ref with the wife who had the Eagles logo on her social media's still infuriates me.\

Other than all that, I actually enjoyed the atmosphere and pre game tailgating.

The thing that stands out to me the most though was Lane Johnson vs Jaelen Phillips. It wasn't fair. Phillips was the All-Pro player in that matchup. Even Bradley Chubb's sack came directly because of Phillips funneling Hurts out of the pocket.

I'm not sure if the NFL ever said anything about that BS Philly game or if they ever looked into those refs.
Was wondering if anyone knows if there was ever a follow-up on it
If there were any repercussions, the NFL would not publicly acknowledge it. Not really in their best interests.

If there were any repercussions, the NFL would not publicly acknowledge it. Not really in their best interests.
Yeah, they tend to do things under the radar, when they bother to do anything at all. Nothing happened to the crew who officiated the bogus game against the Steelers a decade or so ago, despite the obvious conflict of interest (most of the crew was from the Pittsburgh area) and the whole blatantly giving the ball to the wrong team after a fumble, plus all of the other "mistakes" they made in the game.

Not that it has anything to do with the refs but Tyreek dropping that easy TD on 3rd down was a back breaker as we didn't end up scoring on that drive, I believe we went for it on 4th and 3 from like the 25 yard line and turned the ball over on downs. Just as bad as the drop against the Ravens.

I'll never get over this game as its the only Dolphins game I've ever been to that we "lost". I was 6-0 lifetime previous to that one.

I wish like hell we could have THAT Jaelen Phillips for the next 5 years.

Eagles were fortunate that Jevon Holland and Jalen Ramsey weren't available.

Last edited:
That "crew got banned from doing the playoffs", and there was talk about the crew leader dropped for future seasons IIRC, but no, nothing of substance was done for that obvious money-making opportunity the head guy partook in.
Where did you read that?
I'm fine with refs being fans of teams.. just should have the integrity to not use that bias. I'd have been ok with a bad or missed call, but there was like 15 in that game and 0 against Philly was mind blowing

Where did you read that?
I'm fine with refs being fans of teams.. just should have the integrity to not use that bias. I'd have been ok with a bad or missed call, but there was like 15 in that game and 0 against Philly was mind blowing
It was reported they were getting banned from the playoffs but IIRC they did end up working postseason games.

Edit: Young Jaime, look that up.

Last edited:
Where did you read that?
They shouldn't officiate games for the teams that they like though, or even games for that division imo.

Wasn't that something like the second time this century when one team was flagged zero times and the other called for ten penalties? We're talking 6,000+ games over that span.

Back
Top Bottom