Did anything ever happen to the refs.. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did anything ever happen to the refs..

I mean hey at least the 49'ers quickly distanced themselves from Dr.Disrespect... guess doing the right thing isn't too hard if it potentially tarnishes your brand to be associated it

Completely deserved though - **** that pedo

After reading more about this Brad Allen crew.. they seemed to blow almost every game they were involved in.
There needs to be an nfl ref training camp imo
Bring back the replacement refs from the holdout season!

Yeah, they tend to do things under the radar, when they bother to do anything at all. Nothing happened to the crew who officiated the bogus game against the Steelers a decade or so ago, despite the obvious conflict of interest (most of the crew was from the Pittsburgh area) and the whole blatantly giving the ball to the wrong team after a fumble, plus all of the other "mistakes" they made in the game.
That was my first Dolphins game, and my first trip to Miami. Even my Steeler fans Step dad and brother in law admitted that we got hosed.

That was my first Dolphins game, and my first trip to Miami. Even my Steeler fans Step dad and brother in law admitted that we got hosed.
That was the first time I actually watched a game, and expected something to happen with the NFL apologizing, or admitting a mistake, or something. It was just so blatant. But not a peep from anyone.

I really hate this attitude of companies, and its very naive of them to do so. In this day in age, the more transparent you are, the better your public reputation...

Imagine if the NFL followed XFL/UFL's steps and we could have heard the ref's conversations...

Gambling is legal now. Refs don't even need the mob anymore to be on the take. Sketchy calls with zero explanation at any point is the new normal.

Gambling is legal now. Refs don't even need the mob anymore to be on the take. Sketchy calls with zero explanation at any point is the new normal.
That's not at all where I was going with that..

I mean hell, MGM and caesar's were hacked but did a terrible job from a PR perspective

Do you guys really think the refs are as bad as they are due to incompetence? Would more time dedicated to the sport fix that? Or is there something more sinister going on? Another angle could just be that the players are stronger, bigger, faster and the game is so much more faster that the human eye cannot process fast enough to make the right call. In that case, we need to use technology more.
It's definitely a lot of the latter...but that makes old dumb people angry.

Back
Top Bottom