Did Gruden say something about a contract? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did Gruden say something about a contract?

Da GODfather

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I could of swore John Gruden started to say something about signing a contract. He was talking about how he loved Jaws and Tirico (sp?) and that he was going to be around for awhile. Jaws abruptly cut him off mid-sentence (like always) so he didnt really get to finish what he was saying? It sounded like he was saying he had signed a new contract at ESPN to remain commentating. Did anyone else catch this??

Broadcast clauses always have an opt out to return to the sport. It just means that he can't broadcast for anyone else. Even if he opts out and returns to football for 2-3 years, when he returns he can only go to ESPN.

Anyone think this officially removes him as an option?
i would say so.

he signed a 5 year extension, meaning it does not start until next season. he knows that our head coaching position, as well as many others will be available after this season. why then sign the extension now rather than wait to see what happens?

i understand he has an opt out clause, but i just don't see him exercising that right before he even serves one year under the new extension, and by then we will have a new head coach.

The top tier desired coaches (Cowher, Fisher, Gruden) are picking their spots for a great opening.

This team won't be on their list as it has way too many holes.

Every team that will have a head coaching vacancy has a lot of holes. I think that's a given.

I got the feeling listening too Gruden talk about his coaching days that he was done with it. After wining the super bowl and then like winning 8 games later in another season only too get fired. It just probably seemed so unfair and rediculous. He is very happy where he is watching others rise and fall. Also he talked about the pressures of dealing with new all pro members who were brought in. They insisted they should get the ball more and if they didn't they raised hell with the front office. Was basically a pain in the butt. As long as you keep winning its a great job.

Back
Top Bottom