did players quit on wanny? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

did players quit on wanny?

dam bills fans nothing to do in buffalo but find a fins site and talk some smack.whats wrong tired of watching reruns of the 4 superbowl lowlightssssssssssssssssss

Agua said:
LOLOLOL. I used to do that. Threw a huge plastic glass of bloody mary at the TV one Monday night back in 94. I've mellowed out considerably since then.

You finish the drink first now??? :lol:

Agua said:
LOLOLOL. I used to do that. Threw a huge plastic glass of bloody mary at the TV one Monday night back in 94. I've mellowed out considerably since then.
Oh yeah, I threw a few beers against the wall during a particular game in 2000, horrible memory I just wish it would get out of my brain.

our players quit on themselves and the coaches on that jets debacle. And no the jets weren't that good, we quit

RANDYNRONNY said:
i quit watching the fins on tv and i pay directv to see every game $199.00 a year because i live in NY.i would record the game and watch it after i saw the score it was way to painfull to see that live.plus i was getting yelled at by my wife for throwing stuff at the tv

Does throwing things at your TV help with your frustration? :shakeno:

awing_pilot said:
our players quit on themselves and the coaches on that jets debacle. And no the jets weren't that good, we quit
Yeah I've played all the scenarios of why that happened out in my head and came up with that conclusion also.

I wouldnt say players quit.I would say they felt leadersless,confused, without direction a product of bad coaching.

My buddies used to watch the games with me and they were always wondering why I thought Wanny was such a crap coach. They'd say that the Dolphins had winning seasons so he couldn't be that bad. But after a while they realised just how crappy he really was. When my friend was screaming "blitz for christ sake" at the screen I knew he finally realised what I had for four years. And when we played Cincy last year my other buddy said " has your coach heard of max protect? Feeley is getting killed out there." my hate for Wanny finally made sense to my pals.

I don't think quitting is the right word. But I'm sure the team wasn't playing with the same enthusiasm after losing the first 4 games, Wanny comes with the similar game plans that don't work again and again. It had to be frustrating.

Theres a difference between physically quitting and mentally quitting.

I don't think this team believed in Dave after the first season, and frankly its pretty easy to see why.

No. I don't think our players quit on Wanny last season. They were definitely angry and upset but they didn't quit. They probably loss a lot of confidence and lost faith in Wanny, but they didn't quit. Do you guys remember the Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor interview after Wanny resigned? JT was practically in tears. Wanny was a good guys and some of the players definitely liked him, he was a good guy just not a good coach. None of our players quit on us last year except for one by name of Ricky Williams. And as for Wanny quitting on us... I believe Jason Taylor said it best, "Wanny didn't quit on us. He stepped down. Ricky quit on us. There's a difference."

I couldn't have said it better myself...

RANDYNRONNY said:
dam bills fans nothing to do in buffalo but find a fins site and talk some smack.whats wrong tired of watching reruns of the 4 superbowl lowlightssssssssssssssssss

:calm:

since im the only bills fan posting in this thread, ill assume you are refering to my post.
"players dont quit on coaches. they quit on themselves." i think thats true. but i never said the FINS quit last season.

i guess you have nothing usefull to say, so you just insult other team's fans.
:shakeno:
and next time, feel free to read the post before making comments about it. MR. 34 posts. :welcome:

No, they didn't quit. They played hard for Wanny. There are many valid criticisms about Wanny, but thst his team quit on him isn't one of them.

rafael said:
No, they didn't quit. They played hard for Wanny. There are many valid criticisms about Wanny, but thst his team quit on him isn't one of them.

I agree, I just don't think they bought into his philosophy at some point.

Back
Top Bottom