Did the Dolphins make an all-time franchise mistake? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did the Dolphins make an all-time franchise mistake?

Better yet.... Who is now going to take over the routine of actually picking up a first down?

I wouldn't be mad about Landry if Parker balled out last season, or if Carroo showed a single sign of promise.

Exactly!!! Next year offense will be hard to watch. We may have the worst offense in the entire NFL. An injury prone C, no starting Guards, new TEs, new RT, a QB that hasnt been consistent enough with a porous OL and without the only WR that could separate enough to keep the chains moving. If
we keep Tannehill I predict lots of people will loose their jobs. That why I want Tanny back. Cause these supposed gurus we have in Tanneboom and Gased have no business at retaining real talent. It was expensive paying the best slot WR that much money? Ok let’s give them the benefit .....then why pay an injury prone C like Pouncey that much money, why put that much money into a marginal LB like Alonso, or a second team DE like Branch, or a 3rd WR like Stills, or give Suh that much guaranteed money? If we are starting to build via the draft then why bothering on drafting players that are not considered premium, like a Guard, slot WR, Linebackers that stop the run, if they develop and turn out good, entering their prime time we will cut them.

Landry has 22 receiving tds on his career and has caught 400 passes...that's 5.5% of his catches...in the same 4 years Adams has 26 tds on 237 catches...which is close to 11%...Doug Baldwin has had 32 td catches in those same 4 years with 313 catches...10%...yards are nice, 1st downs are great but tds win games...and up until last year Landrys career high was 5
And how much better at throwing TDs is Rodgers and Wilson compared to what he have had in Tanny and Cutler? Just saying...

His percentage of TD’s per catch is also near the bottom of the league. Now Devonte Adams who had half the catches had8 TD’s in a system that spreads the ball and scores points, double the yards per reception and double the average YAC, now that’s a playmaker worth 15 Mil.

The playmaker on that team worth having is their top 3 QB. That is a REAL top QB

Are you aware that Landry had the worst YAC average last year and has been at the bottom of that category every year in the league? Most people don’t because they look at the total YAC which is inflated due to the number of catches he made. The fact he is near the bottom of the league in YAC average tells us a lot about his lack of separation. And speed. 15mill, pass. The man wouldn’t take a very generous 13 mill a year, good riddance!

Are you aware that same Landry was elite in that stat the year before when he had a top 20 QB throwing him the ball? Now imagine what he is cappable of if he had a top QB. By the way on average YAC last year he was close to Antonio Brown, with the difference that Brown had Ben and a coach that likes to throw long passes and Landry had Cutler and a coach that seems to like WR screens even more than the criticized Lazor/Philbin

I' fully aware of the **** routes they gave him and him being double teamed and getting hit immediately because our Oline sucked and gave our mediocre QB no time for guys to get downfield. If you couldn't see that he was nearly impossible to tackle without him at least stretching or moving forward and often times requiring two guys to bring him down, good riddance. He also rarely dripped a pass. I guess you'll be like the other Pollyannas until we suck once again, then you'll make more excuses like the others. I proudly wear a Ajayi Eagles Jersey. Will order a Browns Landry as soon as it's confirmed what # he'll wear.

The numbers don’t lie. Dead last in the league in average YAC. OL don’t block for WR, they block for RB. The WR is supposed to have speed and make the opponent miss, sure he was strong and sometimes it required two tacklers to bring him down, the problem was the first tackler stopped him and the second tackler brought him down. The **** routes he ran were the routes every slot receiver runs but they averaged 13+ yards a catch. I normally wouldn’t take a shot but there is no need to call folks with opposing opinions especially backed by fact “pollyannas”. I don’t even know how that correlates to the conversation. Just because I don’t agree with an overinflated opinion of average players and carry a man crush for them means I am a Pollyanna. Ajayi has his moment In the sun and got 7 touches a game for Philly because he was so dominant and Landry will get cut after 2 seasons in CLE because they will front load his contract and realize they overpaid and cut their losses because you need speed to play in this League. This is why he wants so much money now he knows he’s going to have a very short career. His 4.6 will turn into a 4.8 with age and I doubt he is playing past 30.

The numbers don’t lie. Dead last in the league in average YAC. OL don’t block for WR, they block for RB. The WR is supposed to have speed and make the opponent miss, sure he was strong and sometimes it required two tacklers to bring him down, the problem was the first tackler stopped him and the second tackler brought him down. The **** routes he ran were the routes every slot receiver runs but they averaged 13+ yards a catch. I normally wouldn’t take a shot but there is no need to call folks with opposing opinions especially backed by fact “pollyannas”. I don’t even know how that correlates to the conversation. Just because I don’t agree with an overinflated opinion of average players and carry a man crush for them means I am a Pollyanna. Ajayi has his moment In the sun and got 7 touches a game for Philly because he was so dominant and Landry will get cut after 2 seasons in CLE because they will front load his contract and realize they overpaid and cut their losses because you need speed to play in this League. This is why he wants so much money now he knows he’s going to have a very short career. His 4.6 will turn into a 4.8 with age and I doubt he is playing past 30.
You're right, trading Ajayi and Landry for 4th round picks was brilliant. Typical teal colored shades.

You're right, trading Ajayi and Landry for 4th round picks was brilliant. Typical teal colored shades.

Not brilliant at all, rather, necessary. Both were problematic in the locker room. The difference between players liking you because your a good guy and being a locker room problem are way different. We saw this with Ajayi when he was left home over Foster in 16. Ajayi pouted in London when he was embarrassed yet wanted the ball more and very publicly. We saw Landry yelling at the head coach very publicly in 17 several times. Now why would you want to pay that kind of money to that kind of player? (if that is in fact how Gase perceives him)

That’s or those are locker room problems. We got Robert Quinn for Ajayi and I’m sure Rams fans are upset about that 4th too. Not sure what the trade off for Landry is yet but the guys they’ve brought in can catch those same balls if we keep forcing it to the slot (let’s hope we don’t). There is very little value in trades unless you are ELIETE.

Drake looks like he will do well and I think we can get by just fine without Landry. Heck I liked both those players too, although I spent way to much time yelling at Gase for forcing the ball to them Every Sunday. All I’m saying is if Gase doesn’t like them neither do I because he is still here and still in charge. As a Dolphin fan I have to pray real hard for my football sanity that since he as a very respected coach in this league knows what he is doing more than the fans who are unhappy with the moves. Finsup#

Biggest mistake in franchise history was letting Don Shula leave or Dan Marino for that matter. Listen, I like Jarvis Landry as much as anyone here, but what was the record of the team while he was here? Last time I checked, Shula won 2 Super Bowls and Marino re-wrote the passing record books...enough said!!

Not brilliant at all, rather, necessary. Both were problematic in the locker room. The difference between players liking you because your a good guy and being a locker room problem are way different. We saw this with Ajayi when he was left home over Foster in 16. Ajayi pouted in London when he was embarrassed yet wanted the ball more and very publicly. We saw Landry yelling at the head coach very publicly in 17 several times. Now why would you want to pay that kind of money to that kind of player? (if that is in fact how Gase perceives him)

That’s or those are locker room problems. We got Robert Quinn for Ajayi and I’m sure Rams fans are upset about that 4th too. Not sure what the trade off for Landry is yet but the guys they’ve brought in can catch those same balls if we keep forcing it to the slot (let’s hope we don’t). There is very little value in trades unless you are ELIETE.

Drake looks like he will do well and I think we can get by just fine without Landry. Heck I liked both those players too, although I spent way to much time yelling at Gase for forcing the ball to them Every Sunday. All I’m saying is if Gase doesn’t like them neither do I because he is still here and still in charge. As a Dolphin fan I have to pray real hard for my football sanity that since he as a very respected coach in this league knows what he is doing more than the fans who are unhappy with the moves. Finsup#

Some good points but haven't read anywhere that he's highly respected around the league. Let's see how he does. His complete and total fingerprints are all over this upcoming roster. The way you and others are talking I'm looking forward to the playoffs. I believe we'll be worse. Hope I'm wrong. Lord knows I've been wrong before, including being pissed we took Landry in the second round. I was wrong. Landry was a beast.

Some good points but haven't read anywhere that he's highly respected around the league. Let's see how he does. His complete and total fingerprints are all over this upcoming roster. The way you and others are talking I'm looking forward to the playoffs. I believe we'll be worse. Hope I'm wrong. Lord knows I've been wrong before, including being pissed we took Landry in the second round. I was wrong. Landry was a beast.

At least you can argue your point intelegently. I am a bit suspect on why pay 14 mill for 2 guys rather than Landry, I think if we extended him earlier at 14 he would have stayed. I do like his toughness and grittiness. I just have to believe there is more to the story than we all know. I liked Matthews, OG all those guys who put their body on the line and was sad to see them go but Lets hope the brass is right and we see some W’s. We all love our fins. Well done!

Back
Top Bottom