Did the Dolphins make an all-time franchise mistake? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did the Dolphins make an all-time franchise mistake?

People forget that we’ve been at the bottom of the league in offense for years now. I’m not downplaying Landry or what he brought to the table, but he was on those offenses.

Nobody forgets we've been at the bottom of the league. If not for Landry catching EVERYTHING thrown at him and fighting for extra yards, we'd be at the absolute bottom of the league and it wouldn't be close.

Oline sucks
Play calling beyond predictable
Drafting and trades a disaster
Coaching hires laughable

Like somebody said, Dolphinesque!

People fail to realize that we had a poor system last year , and has alot to do with 8.8. Too many short passes due to the worst OL past 2 years. Landry will turn that around real easy.

This

Cleveland will win more games next year than Miami.

Nobody forgets we've been at the bottom of the league. If not for Landry catching EVERYTHING thrown at him and fighting for extra yards, we'd be at the absolute bottom of the league and it wouldn't be close.

Oline sucks
Coaching hires laughable

We won more games with a worse online, philbin as coach and hartline as our top receiver.

Landry was a high effort player that did bring a spark and toughness.
He aint worth 16M though.
Now he can count his money sitting in the bowels of Cleveland Stadium.
Money was all he cared about.
True. But careful how you rate Cleveland this year.

This

Cleveland will win more games next year than Miami.
Predictions like this are extremely unwise when FA has not even started and a funny thing called the draft is coming up in April. Understandable that you are down on this team but....1-31 the last two seasons is real. Grass is always greener for a lot of our fans

This is definitely one of the worst moves the franchise has made. Landry epitomized, to me, what every player should be like --- physical, dependable, durable, productive, playing with fire in his belly, never giving up. He wasn't a perfect player as his emotions got the best of him at times and I know his detractors point to 8.8 yards per catch. Those same people, seem not to mention his nine touchdown catches for some reason.

I remember feeling pretty down when the team lost Troy Vincent years ago to Philly. That was another bad move, but Miami did end up with Sam Madison and Patrick Surtain. So the team rebounded.

My hope is the team rebounds here. Let's see what the FO can do with the $16 million. Let's see what ends up happening at wide receiver. Got to let the offseason play out, but certainly down about the move here in mid March.

Oline sucks
Coaching hires laughable

Are you aware that Landry had the worst YAC average last year and has been at the bottom of that category every year in the league? Most people don’t because they look at the total YAC which is inflated due to the number of catches he made. The fact he is near the bottom of the league in YAC average tells us a lot about his lack of separation. And speed. 15mill, pass. The man wouldn’t take a very generous 13 mill a year, good riddance!

This is definitely one of the worst moves the franchise has made. Landry epitomized, to me, what every player should be like --- physical, dependable, durable, productive, playing with fire in his belly, never giving up. He wasn't a perfect player as his emotions got the best of him at times and I know his detractors point to 8.8 yards per catch. Those same people, seem not to mention his nine touchdown catches for some reason.

I remember feeling pretty down when the team lost Troy Vincent years ago to Philly. That was another bad move, but Miami did end up with Sam Madison and Patrick Surtain. So the team rebounded.

My hope is the team rebounds here. Let's see what the FO can do with the $16 million. Let's see what ends up happening at wide receiver. Got to let the offseason play out, but certainly down about the move here in mid March.

His percentage of TD’s per catch is also near the bottom of the league. Now Devonte Adams who had half the catches had8 TD’s in a system that spreads the ball and scores points, double the yards per reception and double the average YAC, now that’s a playmaker worth 15 Mil.

His percentage of TD’s per catch is also near the bottom of the league. Now Devonte Adams who had half the catches had8 TD’s in a system that spreads the ball and scores points, double the yards per reception and double the average YAC, now that’s a playmaker worth 15 Mil.

Miami scored 31 touchdowns, which was on the low end in the NFL. Landry had nearly one third of those with nine. That is production. Green Bay had 40 touchdowns so certainly still nice numbers by Adams, but a lower percentage of touchdowns in relation to his teams' success.

You can look at it a lot of ways. The bottom line is Miami is a worse team right now, here in March, without Landry. The team will have to find other players who can step up and be productive. We haven't seen much of that from Parker. Stills is nice, but I've always saw him more as a complementary type stretching the field for others to produce, which is important. Grant and Carroo should get opportunities, but who knows.

Valid point, I’m not concerned though as someone else will be running those routes and hopefully we can get a tight end to contribute next year as well. Let’s see what they do with the extra money and pics with their moves. Honestly I think we will be better off. Landry is a solid receiver but I think we force fed him the ball. Way too many WR screens for little to negative yards and too many passes short of the first down line. When we played to Pleaae Ayayi and Landry were some of our worst offensive performances.

Miami scored 31 touchdowns, which was on the low end in the NFL. Landry had nearly one third of those with nine. That is production. Green Bay had 40 touchdowns so certainly still nice numbers by Adams, but a lower percentage of touchdowns in relation to his teams' success.

You can look at it a lot of ways. The bottom line is Miami is a worse team right now, here in March, without Landry. The team will have to find other players who can step up and be productive. We haven't seen much of that from Parker. Stills is nice, but I've always saw him more as a complementary type stretching the field for others to produce, which is important. Grant and Carroo should get opportunities, but who knows.

Landry has 22 receiving tds on his career and has caught 400 passes...that's 5.5% of his catches...in the same 4 years Adams has 26 tds on 237 catches...which is close to 11%...Doug Baldwin has had 32 td catches in those same 4 years with 313 catches...10%...yards are nice, 1st downs are great but tds win games...and up until last year Landrys career high was 5

I don't care about the circumstances surround it - trading a receiver with that kind of production for the value he got is just silly. You can argue all you want how circumstances dictated it, well the team itself was responsible for that.

Are you aware that Landry had the worst YAC average last year and has been at the bottom of that category every year in the league? Most people don’t because they look at the total YAC which is inflated due to the number of catches he made. The fact he is near the bottom of the league in YAC average tells us a lot about his lack of separation. And speed. 15mill, pass. The man wouldn’t take a very generous 13 mill a year, good riddance!
I' fully aware of the **** routes they gave him and him being double teamed and getting hit immediately because our Oline sucked and gave our mediocre QB no time for guys to get downfield. If you couldn't see that he was nearly impossible to tackle without him at least stretching or moving forward and often times requiring two guys to bring him down, good riddance. He also rarely dripped a pass. I guess you'll be like the other Pollyannas until we suck once again, then you'll make more excuses like the others. I proudly wear a Ajayi Eagles Jersey. Will order a Browns Landry as soon as it's confirmed what # he'll wear.

Back
Top Bottom