Did The Miracle In Miami Change Something? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did The Miracle In Miami Change Something?

I really thought the debut of the Wildcat in 2008 was a turning of the tide. Parcells running the franchise. New young fiery coach in Sporano (this dude even gets excited about field goals). Brady injured. Maybe we turn the tide. 10 years later, here we are. I refuse to get sucked in. They have done it to me too many times.

I refuse to get sucked in. They have done it to me too many times.
What does this even mean?

You still visit and post on a Miami Dolphins fan forum daily.

I assume you watch and maybe even attend games.

You probably own and have purchased merchandise and/or memorabilia seeing as you’re “a true fan”.

So what exactly are you refusing to do?

Is it merely being optimistic and hoping for the best or is it something more?

Serious question here.

If anything has changed this football team, it is Adam Gase.

I mean, as upset as I have been with some of his situational gameday calls over the last three weeks, I can't even pretend to deny that he's the difference. He told us what was going to happen before the season even started when he tried to explain some of the team's off-season moves. He wanted a different locker room that would be willing to fight through when the chips were down, and here we are. These guys just won't quit in the 4th quarter, even when they need a miracle.

Don't know where the team's going these three weeks, and I think these are going to be tough games, but at least I know these boys won't quit.
I agree and I need to lay off Adam Gase the HC. However, if he gets cute again on 3rd and 1 w the game on the line and runs a trick play I’m going to lose admit myself to the looney bin because that’s how nuts those calls make me.

if they win out, then i will say this play was a turning point.... if they crap the bed against Minnesota and Jax then all this joy of mine will turn to sorrow

I believe I detect a trend. Let's see, that would be...Tom Brady, Terry Bradshaw, Joe Montana, John Elway, Russell Wilson, and Troy Aikman

Four Hall of Famers, one cinch Hall of Famer/Greatest Ever nominee, and very likely Hall of Famer in Russell Wilson.

Wilson is often denounced around here, which is laughable. He is very high on the all time lists in one stat after another, including second all time in the vital category of Adjusted Yards Per Pass Attempt. Rodgers is first all time and Wilson is second. They are the only two quarterbacks in NFL history above 8.0.

He also just set the NFL record for most wins in their first 7 seasons (with several more games to go). Obviously, that is reflective of the team as well, but even in a "down year" Russel Wilson is playing at an incredibly high level, again.

He's the reason why I would love for the Dolphins to draft Kyler Murray if/when he declares for the NFL Draft. Even if it's unreasonable to expect that kind of excellence.

Just PLEASE hope thhere is a change to Gases playcalling tendencies
That would be huge IMO
Keep him from having the brainfarts he always provides us
Plus a new DC

Winning this week in Minnesota will be huge.. A loss will bring us back down to earth, but a win on the road against a good team, after the miracle play, will make people take notice.

We all know where crumpdaddy is coming from. But we are still gonna try to kick that ball that Lucy is holding for us.

The one saving grace in case of the “usual”, is that a loss here does not severely damage our playoff hopes. Our AFC games remain and they can well set us up. Our competitors have some tough games ahead themselves.

I hope I’m wrong —-NO!!! Here’s why...

We should have never been in that situation....

And Gase is so strangely stubborn...

Why does he punt on a 4th and 4 late in the game down 2 points???? To a red hot Brady....I hate this team so badly in moments like that...it makes me sick!!!

It’s SO hard to be a Dolphin fan and I am prepared for Sunday to be another terrible moment for our fan base...

The play itself is so much more fabulous than the plays you mention.

Remains to be seen if it has any ramifications beyond that one win.

Either way, I'm not moving on from that play probably ever.

We will always remember the play but over time our memory of it will fade and in 10..15 years I doubt anybody could put the date or year on it unless the play has some impact. If you are in your 20s or 30s you may not know what I am talking about but if you are in your 40s or 50s you know exactly what I am talking about. :lol:

What is most amazing is that by all rights we should be sitting at 5-8 right now... If just 2 things happen, the vibe here and for Gase would be completely different: Charles Clay catches a game-winning TD pass; Gronk tackles KD.

These are the kind of breaks that do make one feel a little bit like team of destiny stuff. The end of the schedule lines up well for a playoff run.

Winning this week in Minnesota will be huge.. A loss will bring us back down to earth, but a win on the road against a good team, after the miracle play, will make people take notice.

Honestly, this is a tough ass game coming up. A real turning point for this franchise this weekend will be something as simple as Miami going out there and looking like a playoff team, win or lose. Just go out there and don't lay an egg after three emotional games. Find a way to get on the scoreboard and make a couple of stops.

That's where we're at. Just don't fall flat on your faces and that's real and true progress.

What is most amazing is that by all rights we should be sitting at 5-8 right now... If just 2 things happen, the vibe here and for Gase would be completely different: Charles Clay catches a game-winning TD pass; Gronk tackles KD.

These are the kind of breaks that do make one feel a little bit like team of destiny stuff. The end of the schedule lines up well for a playoff run.

all true, but we’ve also had fluke losses (RT throwing ball into dirt bounces off helmet into DL hands for a TD....)

You never know. The sky isn't falling in New England by any means, but that team feels different to me as well. How often have we seen the Patriots make those types of mistakes in a game. Having Gronk on the field at the end, Brady taking the sack to end the first half when his team was in field goal range? Those little details could be starting to slip a bit. At the very least New England has to feel snake bitten in Miami.

As for the Dolphins that could be the type of game that gets the team on a run. At 6-7 the season was all but over. Now, Miami has a playoff shot.

It would be sweet if that ends up being Tom Brady's final game against the Dolphins...

Back
Top Bottom