Differences In Rosen And Tannenhill? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Differences In Rosen And Tannenhill?

we know what we have in Fitz, we don't yet know what we have in Rosen. Only one way to find out.

Rosen is smarter and more perceptive. That means he's also potentially more neurotic whereas Tannehill was able to be steadier. Physical abilities aside (Tannehill was the better overall athlete), to me it means Rosen has a long-term higher ceiling in terms of the mental aspects of the game, but also the potential to epically flame-out if things don't go right mentally/emotionally while he's young.

Other than pocket presence and age.What do you see as the difference between the two of them.
To date it appears Tanny has a stronger arm. But not by an enormous amount.

Rosen seems to be more natural at the position. Henne seemed robotic, Tanny seemed less robotic, Rosen looks like a natural out there.

Rosen isn't bothered when **** goes wrong. Has a natural feel of what to do when plays don't go as planned.

Rosen isn't as fast as Tannehill (foot speed).

Tannehill has more mobility for sure, and taller. Probably a stronger arm although admittedly I don't know much about Rosen yet.

Rosen will have a proper defense to lean on, too frequently Tannehill did not.

But unfortunately, until proven otherwise neither QB will be given an adequate pocket, hopefully Rosen can do better with that (impressive play last night to elude defenders).

Need to see more but so far I've seen Rosen makes more frequent plays when the pocket breaks down. Rosen seems to have better pocket presence and therefore more moxie. Tannehill has the stronger arm and was better athlete but never utilized it enough. Need to see more from Rosen though to confirm.

I have paid closer attention to QB pocket presence since Tannehill, that's really an under rated QB trait that Tannehill really lacked.

Tannehill wasn’t good enough. Rosen may or may not be good enough.

As of now the only advantage Rosen has is that it’s yet to be determined whether he’s good enough.

A year from now they may well be in the same boat.

Back
Top Bottom