Differences In Rosen And Tannenhill? | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Differences In Rosen And Tannenhill?

I hope Tannehill is a pro bowler when he steps in for the titans so it forces our stupid GM and bad coaches to look inward toward their own ineptitude to fixing the line. Rosen can be decent in this league. His physical skill set is way below Tannehills. His strength was supposed to be his "NFL readiness", which won't develop if he's playing from his back and getting smashed in the mouth.
So you are rooting against our FO and HC (essentially rooting against the Dolphins) and for a QB on a different team to make a point?
That is right on par with you rooting against Moore and the Dolphins when RT got hurt in 2016.

I hope Tannehill is a pro bowler when he steps in for the titans so it forces our stupid GM and bad coaches to look inward toward their own ineptitude to fixing the line. Rosen can be decent in this league. His physical skill set is way below Tannehills. His strength was supposed to be his "NFL readiness", which won't develop if he's playing from his back and getting smashed in the mouth.

You're aware that there are currently no coaches on the staff who had anything to do with Tannehill, and that Grier has already publicly stated that he made a mistake by not bringing in competition for him, right?

Tannehill did suffer from a bad line here for years. However, I think he couldn't process things quickly enough. There was still so many times where he had decent protection and made a WTF play.

Getting back to the subject of the thread...

Ryan is purely algorithmic with a limited subroutine stack
whereas Rosen seems to be rather polyrhythmic and capable
of executing subs at a much higher frequency/efficiency.

Can't "completely" disagree. Tannehill does his offensive line no favors. Obviously the talent level at guard was some of the worst in the league during his time here but he usually had good bookend tackles and a good C.

I was watching him last night and not much has changed. When the pocket is clean he is accurate and throws a good ball . . . .but in today's game where teams pass like 75% of the time, the pocket is becoming less of a "clean" thing and you need QBs who can feel out pressure and improvise . . . .and Ryan Tannehill just does not do that well and teams know this and are gonna force more pressure until he show he can deal with it consistently.

2016 he showed improvement in this area and combined with a softer schedule we won 7 out of 8 games. The one physical team in that stretch, Baltimore, dismantled us 38-7.

That is not a coincidence.

With Tennessee he is getting a better overall line but after the injury and multiple rehabs he is taking longer to process what's in front of him. I think we have already seen his ceiling and if Chad Henne can still be a veteran backup, he certainly can fill that role for some years.

I don’t know how you can put 2 of those 3 sacks Sunday night on tannehill. If you want to give him the pa one ok yeah I get it. But the other 2 what the hell else is he suppose to do.

At the same time that’s 3 sacks in less than a half of work and so obviously that means something. Trend continues.

I will say though that it looks like he’s got a much more consistent run game in Tennessee to help maintain sticks.

Won’t be long before mariota grabs pine. His body language is terrible.

Back
Top Bottom