Differences In Rosen And Tannenhill? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Differences In Rosen And Tannenhill?

And that is why this coaching staff may be what's best for the organization. They came from NE and apparently NE liked Rosen. It may take some more time, for him to reach his enormous potential. But Rosen, does look completely different than last year.
This is why I’m ok if Fitz starts the season. Don’t give the kid anything. Challenge him to reach his potential. Give him the job when everyone in the building is saying “WTF? He’s clearly ready”. Then make him wait a little more just to piss him off / make him play w a chip on his shoulder the size of the state of Florida.

Other than pocket presence and age.What do you see as the difference between the two of them.

Who cares?! Tannehill is gone. Why not ask the difference between Rosen and Fiedler? It’s irrelevant. Rosen will get a shot and we will still likely draft a first round qb high next year to compete with Rosen. This is fine, let’s see how it goes and hope Rosen does well, as well as the qb we bring in next year to compete with him.

Who cares about Tannehill?

This is why I’m ok if Fitz starts the season. Don’t give the kid anything. Challenge him to reach his potential. Give him the job when everyone in the building is saying “WTF? He’s clearly ready”. Then make him wait a little more just to piss him off / make him play w a chip on his shoulder the size of the state of Florida.
I think Flores has exactly that in mind. He's making him earn it. But even better, he's making Rosen want it. Because, "Wanting It", was always the biggest question mark surrounding Rosen.

Now if you read Omar Kelly he's all over twitter talking BS about how Rosen can't read defenses. That wasn't an issue with Rosen. If he can't read defenses, you'd think he wouldn't have been drafted top 10. I simply shake my head at some of the things, Blowmar tweets.

I doubt we'll ever see Rosen throw a touchdown like Ryan did against SD in 2016 to Stills. One of the best throws I've seen live. Absolute dime while getting blasted.

I mean that was a hell of a pass. Don’t even have to single out Rosen on that one . . . Pull the best throw ever from all the QBs in the league, and that one will be in the top 5.

The offense Flores & company installed is much more complicated and demands much more of the QB.

When RT was brought here, his former head coach in college was the OC and his former QB coach came with him.

He was given a limited offense to run, it looks like Gase continued that tradition when he was here.

Rosen is not being coddled.

Their personalities are very different.

Rosen has no problems admitting he is wrong and needs to improve.

RT is an athlete first, Rosen is a QB first.

3. Game management - advantage Rosen. Just based off of that one hard count. RT never did things like that. He couldn’t run the hurry up. Rosen might suck at it too for all I know but so far I think he gets the O in better rhythm than RT.

This. I agree with the rest, but I was going to post this specifically.

I'm sure RT has pulled a D offsides with a hardcount here and there, but Rosen pulled it off at the PERFECT time. 1st and 10 backed up to the goal line. That extra 5 yards kickstarted that scoring drive.

I also liked how after Rosen scrambled to a questionable ball spot for a first down, he quickly got the team to the line and ran a play to prevent the Jags from challenging the spot.

Very smart play by Rosen. I'm looking forward to seeing if he continues with heads up play like those.

This. I agree with the rest, but I was going to post this specifically.

I'm sure RT has pulled a D offsides with a hardcount here and there, but Rosen pulled it off at the PERFECT time. 1st and 10 backed up to the goal line. That extra 5 yards kickstarted that scoring drive.

I also liked how after Rosen scrambled to a questionable ball spot for a first down, he quickly got the team to the line and ran a play to prevent the Jags from challenging the spot.

Very smart play by Rosen. I'm looking forward to seeing if he continues with heads up play like those.
I noticed that as well. Very smart plays by Rosen.

I mean that was a hell of a pass. Don’t even have to single out Rosen on that one . . . Pull the best throw ever from all the QBs in the league, and that one will be in the top 5.

If that game Ryan would've him for the rest of his career...man, that would've been fun.

I doubt we'll ever see Rosen throw a touchdown like Ryan did against SD in 2016 to Stills. One of the best throws I've seen live. Absolute dime while getting blasted.
That was awesome. He just didn’t do things like that enough. I remember Bruce Arians in the box kinda dumbfounded/couldn’t say anything but “great throw”. Whether Rosen can go that or not, what we need from the QB position is consistent, better than average play week in and week out. You know, like, err, Dan Marino used to give us.

Back
Top Bottom