Differences In Rosen And Tannenhill? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Differences In Rosen And Tannenhill?

Its too early to compare them. But Tanny on his second year didnt look natural. I think Tanny Is the better athlete. However I think brains Is the one of the intangibles you are looking at when having a QB. Montana, Brady and Brees all have HOF carreers because of that. Tanny little pocket awareness and low ability to read and adjust pre snap were big big issues with him. I just hope Rosen Is good on those two crucial theats. Right now I am very optimistic on what I have seen on Rosen. Very good pocket awareness, and the fact that he Is competing head to head with a veteran like Fitzpatrick, just tells you that he has the brains to learn a new system and make great improvements.

So are we close to the point where we stop talking about a former QB nearly every day? You know... the guy that's not on this team anymore.

Asking for a friend.

Isn't it really a better question to compare the current QB's we have? Seems that would be FAR more relevant since there's a consequence to the comparison as it relates to OUR team.

Asking that for a friend too.

Isn't it really a better question to compare the current QB's we have? Seems that would be FAR more relevant since there's a consequence to the comparison as it relates to OUR team.

Asking that for a friend too.

That makes too much sense.

I wonder what Dan Fouts thinks...

It's nice to finally have a QB (Rosen) with pocket presence and not just get sacked but can get out and make a play after escaping. I am convinced Flores has just been challenging Rosen by not making him starter. He will no doubt start week 1. Flores challenged Stills in a head game kinda way with Jayz music..This is also head gamish challenge. I can't wait. I think Rosen is the real deal.

Tannehill pees blood. Rosen pees urine.
..and...
images

Even questioning the arm strength is a joke, tannehill was way stronger when healthy. Tannehill was physically better in every way, bigger, faster, stronger, better arm etc. If they came out of college at the same time, tannehill would be the better prospect. The problem with the dolphins was never tannehill but horrid coaching, historically bad offensive line play and a limited playbook, wether that’s because tannehill was stupid or the line was bad is undetermined. The offense in its current state is still sub 21 points a game.

With that said, I want Rosen to start day 1. I don’t care about winning MEANINGLESS games this year. Our line is horrendous. You can’t win with this line play without a historically good defense like the Seahawks, ravens, bears or even out Fiedler destroyed teams. Rosen was a 2nd-3rd prospect. If he’s the guy, good. I’d prefer a lawerance like prospect and would be okay with a first round pick on a guy like Herbert baring he tests/interviews well because anyone coming from that offense scares me when talking Bout translating to the NFL, but let’s see what we’ve got. Sink or swim.

So are we close to the point where we stop talking about a former QB nearly every day? You know... the guy that's not on this team anymore.

Asking for a friend.

There are plenty of other threads, maybe don’t read this one? Message boards are for discussions. Don’t like it? Bye?

Its too early to compare them. But Tanny on his second year didnt look natural. I think Tanny Is the better athlete. However I think brains Is the one of the intangibles you are looking at when having a QB. Montana, Brady and Brees all have HOF carreers because of that. Tanny little pocket awareness and low ability to read and adjust pre snap were big big issues with him. I just hope Rosen Is good on those two crucial theats. Right now I am very optimistic on what I have seen on Rosen. Very good pocket awareness, and the fact that he Is competing head to head with a veteran like Fitzpatrick, just tells you that he has the brains to learn a new system and make great improvements.

Tannehill with no talent around him posted an 81.7 QB rating, 3,913 yards and a 60% completion percentage, all improvements from his rookie year which was way better than Rosen’s rookie year. Are we going to argue that Rosen had a worse team? Worse coaching? Don’t see how that’s possible.

There are plenty of other threads, maybe don’t read this one? Message boards are for discussions. Don’t like it? Bye?

So before you get too excited we're probably on the same tannehill side. Having said that, the point was that this happens in most thread about the QBs, not just this one and people use them to bring up RT to bash him. It'd be nice if we stop obsessing over a former player so we can endlessly bash him. Time to move on.

Even questioning the arm strength is a joke, tannehill was way stronger when healthy. Tannehill was physically better in every way, bigger, faster, stronger, better arm etc. If they came out of college at the same time, tannehill would be the better prospect. The problem with the dolphins was never tannehill but horrid coaching, historically bad offensive line play and a limited playbook, wether that’s because tannehill was stupid or the line was bad is undetermined. The offense in its current state is still sub 21 points a game.

With that said, I want Rosen to start day 1. I don’t care about winning MEANINGLESS games this year. Our line is horrendous. You can’t win with this line play without a historically good defense like the Seahawks, ravens, bears or even out Fiedler destroyed teams. Rosen was a 2nd-3rd prospect. If he’s the guy, good. I’d prefer a lawerance like prospect and would be okay with a first round pick on a guy like Herbert baring he tests/interviews well because anyone coming from that offense scares me when talking Bout translating to the NFL, but let’s see what we’ve got. Sink or swim.

How can say Rosen was a 2nd or 3rd prospect when many said he was the best pure passer coming out in decades?

Tannehill with no talent around him posted an 81.7 QB rating, 3,913 yards and a 60% completion percentage, all improvements from his rookie year which was way better than Rosen’s rookie year. Are we going to argue that Rosen had a worse team? Worse coaching? Don’t see how that’s possible.

You mean the team that fired their coach year 1, and OC mid year, and had a no name OLine that was injured and was pulling guys off the street was better than the 2012 Fins with PounceY, Long, Incognito and Jerry.

Yea take the aqua and orange glasses off . . . That Zona team was awful last year.

Great post. Couldn’t agree more.

Back
Top Bottom