Differences In Rosen And Tannenhill? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Differences In Rosen And Tannenhill?

You mean the team that fired their coach year 1, and OC mid year, and had a no name OLine that was injured and was pulling guys off the street was better than the 2012 Fins with PounceY, Long, Incognito and Jerry.

Yea take the aqua and orange glasses off . . . That Zona team was awful last year.

David Johnson and 40 year fitz are better weapons than anything we've had in Miami for 20 plus years but OK. My post was in response to Rosen being more "natural" at the position but are we really going to say anything was worse than the "go" or "go go" Sherman offense? Philbin? just because the cards had the good sense to cut bait with a garbage coach sooner doesn't change the fact that Rosen was awful last year, the knock being he couldn't make reads fast enough. I don't have a problem with that being the team was bad but what he's getting now isn't much better. Quarterbacks don't develop the mental aspect of the game when they're playing from their back. Do we not remember those early Brady teams where he basically did nothing but hand the ball off and watch the defense?

Tannehill with no talent around him posted an 81.7 QB rating, 3,913 yards and a 60% completion percentage, all improvements from his rookie year which was way better than Rosen’s rookie year. Are we going to argue that Rosen had a worse team? Worse coaching? Don’t see how that’s possible.
I would definitely argue that Rosen not only has worse incompetent coaching, but his O-line and running game were inferior as well.

David Johnson and 40 year fitz are better weapons than anything we've had in Miami for 20 plus years but OK. My post was in response to Rosen being more "natural" at the position but are we really going to say anything was worse than the "go" or "go go" Sherman offense? Philbin? just because the cards had the good sense to cut bait with a garbage coach sooner doesn't change the fact that Rosen was awful last year, the knock being he couldn't make reads fast enough. I don't have a problem with that being the team was bad but what he's getting now isn't much better. Quarterbacks don't develop the mental aspect of the game when they're playing from their back. Do we not remember those early Brady teams where he basically did nothing but hand the ball off and watch the defense?

Hehe...David Johnson over Ricky Williams?

#17 was playing out of position and it showed...Rosen will be fine if Miami can provide the coaching, line and weapons he needs to succeed. If they dont he will fail like every other QB since Marino.

Isn't it really a better question to compare the current QB's we have? Seems that would be FAR more relevant since there's a consequence to the comparison as it relates to OUR team.

Asking that for a friend too.

The Tannehill-Rosen debate is highly relevant to this season, and to this coaching staff. If Tannehill goes on to unseat Mariota and perform well in Tennessee, that would mean that the failed Tannehill experiment was coaching and OL and that Miami threw away a perfectly acceptable franchise QB because they would not or could not fix the other problems.

This is highly relevant now, because they have brought Rosen in to the SAME scenario, albeit with better WR help than Tannehill had through most of his career. The staff needs to learn that if they don’t fix the OL, every QB prospect they have will indeed fail just like Tannehill. Since Rosen doesn’t have Tannehill’s talent, it could be even worse.

How can say Rosen was a 2nd or 3rd prospect when many said he was the best pure passer coming out in decades?

Best pure passer coming out in decades? You're crazy. People were saying he was the "most NFL ready" that season which means he could make reads and so forth but hearing he's never had to make line calls before this year makes me question that.

How can say Rosen was a 2nd or 3rd prospect when many said he was the best pure passer coming out in decades?

The only positive on draft day that I heard about Rosen was that he was the most NFL ready of that class. I don’t ever remember hearing anything about him being the best pure passer. The only surefire QB prospect that I remember hearing about in a long time is Luck.

The Tannehill-Rosen debate is highly relevant to this season, and to this coaching staff. If Tannehill goes on to unseat Mariota and perform well in Tennessee, that would mean that the failed Tannehill experiment was coaching and OL and that Miami threw away a perfectly acceptable franchise QB because they would not or could not fix the other problems.

This is highly relevant now, because they have brought Rosen in to the SAME scenario, albeit with better WR help than Tannehill had through most of his career. The staff needs to learn that if they don’t fix the OL, every QB prospect they have will indeed fail just like Tannehill. Since Rosen doesn’t have Tannehill’s talent, it could be even worse.

meh on the better WR help, it's still pretty awful. Parker is hot garbage that can't stay on the field, Stills is over paid for his hamster catch radius and the two speedy gadget guys are coming off lower body injuries. I love what I saw from Albert Wilson so I'm hoping he comes back good and I wish we could put Grants skill set in Parker's body but still not a legit WR corp.

The only positive on draft day that I heard about Rosen was that he was the most NFL ready of that class. I don’t ever remember hearing anything about him being the best pure passer. The only surefire QB prospect that I remember hearing about in a long time is Luck.

We prob should have heard about Mahomes. dude looked legit going back watching his college tape but I don't follow it so heavy unless we're looking for a guy.

Best pure passer coming out in decades? You're crazy. People were saying he was the "most NFL ready" that season which means he could make reads and so forth but hearing he's never had to make line calls before this year makes me question that.

My bad. Just had a look you’re right. Still my point stands someone mentioned he was a 2nd or 3rd prospect

I'm in agreement on the first part. The 2nd part though holds little relevance to me since the staff that did that is gone. It's a whole new regime in there. I think your point is "same old same old".... can't argue with you on that.

My bad. Even so if he was really the most NFL ready QB he wouldn’t have been a 2nd or 3rd talent like somebody mentioned

You mean the team that fired their coach year 1, and OC mid year, and had a no name OLine that was injured and was pulling guys off the street was better than the 2012 Fins with PounceY, Long, Incognito and Jerry.

Yea take the aqua and orange glasses off . . . That Zona team was awful last year.

How many OC’s and HC’s did Tannehill have in his tenure in Miami? Did he ever have a single receiver like Fitzgerald? Arguing that the OL was better because of Pouncy? Come on man.

I mean you could make the argument but in today's NFL Johnson is the more sought after guy.

That's NOT what i asked you @Dsteve. You made a bold statement....Quit dancing and answer the question.

Press forward or fall back!

Back
Top Bottom