Different Approach to OL in Camp | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Different Approach to OL in Camp

Okay that's not totally fair. It's not totally wrong, but people on this forum fling the blame around this organization like it's a game of hot potato. And there's zero accountability for flip-flopping opinions. I'm not saying Sparano/Henne-lovers were right - heck I put my faith in those guys and ended up disappointed - I'm just saying give people some credit for maintaining conviction until the evidence proved otherwise. Between Henning, Sparano, Ireland, Parcells, Henne, FOOTBALL-SMART people on this forum still bicker about where blame lies for various things. So please, give the fanbase a break. Even those who supported Sparano. We're not all sheep.

Sometimes I think people like playing the role of contrarian on this site just for the sake of it. And posters piggyback on those opinions just as quickly as cheerleader-fans.

Very well said. I hated the Trifecta's philosophy, but like many of us on here, I enter each year with optimism and hope. I want to love my team and not grouse about how much they suck. So each preseason I sip on a little of the Kool Aid. When players flash, like Henne did, I get a little psyched. Then when a body of work is established I can come down to reality and resign myself to wait for the next year.

This year? I am sipping on the following cups of Kool Aid: Ocho is renewed; Tannehill is the long term answer at QB; Lamar Miller is going to provide some much needed help to the special teams now, Odrick and Wake will provide the pass rush we need to help out a suspect secondary; Philbin is smart enough to make us better than the Bills and Jets and competitive with NE.

Aaah. Delicious.

Yeah right ... alot of big talk about Sparano ... this time last year folks were still in love with him ... in preseason they went gaga over Henne for the love of God.

Specifically, they blamed the offense on Henning ... even though we tried to tell them his boss was Sparano who told him to dial that crap up. They were perfectly happy with Sparano last year & his new O-coordinator ... until they reeled off 7 losses!!

Even when that fool meatball was fired ... folks went around here for months saying "How nice of a guy he was & how the players loved him."

Bunch of short-memory mental midgets when it comes to football is my repeated observation.

Fans embraced Sparano & Henne, but now deny it ... those fools made us solid losers for years.

Ahhh, blaming and calling fans for what happened in Dolphinsland the past few years. This strategy never gets old! Gotta love it. :rolleyes2:

Okay that's not totally fair. It's not totally wrong, but people on this forum fling the blame around this organization like it's a game of hot potato. And there's zero accountability for flip-flopping opinions. I'm not saying Sparano/Henne-lovers were right - heck I put my faith in those guys and ended up disappointed - I'm just saying give people some credit for maintaining conviction until the evidence proved otherwise. Between Henning, Sparano, Ireland, Parcells, Henne, FOOTBALL-SMART people on this forum still bicker about where blame lies for various things. So please, give the fanbase a break. Even those who supported Sparano. We're not all sheep.

Sometimes I think people like playing the role of contrarian on this site just for the sake of it. And posters piggyback on those opinions just as quickly as cheerleader-fans.

The last part of this thread is 100% on target. The NFL is a tough gig, if you sway to the negative side of things your chance of looking like you know what you're talking about go way up. Funny thing is its really easy to see which guys form the opinions and which guys just jump on board.

Ahhh, blaming and calling fans for what happened in Dolphinsland the past few years. This strategy never gets old! Gotta love it. :rolleyes2:

Blamed sparano/henne ... re-read, you fell into the other category. Jeez, people can't translate black & white.

henne looked ready to ball out last year

Henne NEVER looked ready to ball (he looked horrid every second of his little horrid QB life), & will NEVER look ready to ball .... that's THE POINT!!

Same with Sparano ... Ross saw it a year too late, struck out on Harbaugh, then didn't give us an interim coach ... ran the fans off & got the media on his tail to this day!!

You're talking more about fandom. Nothing wrong with fandom ... but they don't mix real well with objective-football-analysis.

Alot of the threads pros/cons & differences are battles between these 2 points of views, which are really different ways of looking at the same thing.

Blamed sparano/henne ... re-read, you fell into the other category. Jeez, people can't translate black & white.

But calling people "mental-midgets" was necessary? Sparano and Henne are gone...great. No need to dwell on who raved about Sparano last season, who loved Henne, who cheered for them, etc etc. That era is done and over with. Stop crying over last year's spilled milk, man.

Back
Top Bottom