Dimitri Patterson injured reserve | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dimitri Patterson injured reserve

I don't think we cut Patterson int he off season. His cap number is pretty low for a potential starter and when healthy he is a baller.
His groin injury has lingered all season. Hopefully Carroll can keep playing well.

2011 - 14 games played
2012 - 9 games played
2013 - 6 games played

See a pattern here? As a matter of fact he only played 16 games in a season once...2010, 2009 he played 11, 2008 he played 7...7 seasons in the league and only one full season. He's also 30 and will be 31 in June...sorry but not worth keeping if he can't be relied on.

2011 - 14 games played
2012 - 9 games played
2013 - 6 games played

See a pattern here? As a matter of fact he only played 16 games in a season once...2010, 2009 he played 11, 2008 he played 7...7 seasons in the league and only one full season. He's also 30 and will be 31 in June...sorry but not worth keeping if he can't be relied on.

It also won't hurt to see him play in a preseason and cut him before the season starts to see if he can stay healthy.
$5.5 million for a good starting CB in this league is a bargain.

i'd take that $5.5 mil and put it towards resigning carroll and grimes...that's what i would do...pattersons good when he plays but he's hurt too damn much for me to drop $5.5 mil in next year...unless grimes or carroll walk...then i'd consider it but he'd be plan c

Nolan Carroll and Jimmy Wilson have been consistently denigrated on here but are finally being recognized for their good play. Full marks to Coyle who has helped to improve both players. I'm absolutely delighted with Carroll's progress this season. He is one of the smartest guys on the team and his confidence to beat his opponents has steadily improved. The Pittsburgh Steeler game was not just a fluke. Grimey, Nolan and Jimmy have been playing well for weeks.
Good luck to Dimitri Patterson and RJ Stanford to repair their injuries. I guess that Jamar Taylor and Will Davis are now their backups. I would be wary of throwing in Davis against Brady. You can bet that he would be targeted but I have no doubt that Davis is so positive that he will go for the interception(s). It could be interesting to see if Coyle thinks he is ready. High risk, possible high reward...

2011 - 14 games played
2012 - 9 games played
2013 - 6 games played

yeah that right there kinda says it all...let him walk

i'd take that $5.5 mil and put it towards resigning carroll and grimes...that's what i would do...pattersons good when he plays but he's hurt too damn much for me to drop $5.5 mil in next year...unless grimes or carroll walk...then i'd consider it but he'd be plan c

This.

It's tough because even with all the time missed, there are only 4 guys in the league with more interceptions. I would wait to see him in camp, he better stay completely healthy all the way through or I would cut him

Armando now saying Reshad Jones did not practice today:

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 3m
Safety Reshad Jones did not practice today. Medical reason unknown.

Hope it's not much to worry about. Did he get banged up Sunday? I don't remember seeing it.

If Patterson was younger that amount of money would be fine, but given his age and his injury history, that's a lot of money to be tied up in a player who doesn't see the field the majority of the time.

Like another poster mentioned, Carroll has been surprisingly solid, as has Jimmy Wilson.

Use that money to go towards re-signing our own players.

2011 - 14 games played
2012 - 9 games played
2013 - 6 games played

Crazy thing is, you actually make it look better when you don't factor in that in many of these games he maybe played a quarter or a half and thats it. I'd almost be willing to wager out of these 29 games he didn't finish half of them.

He'll be over 30 and we need to resign Grimes and Carroll. Need somebody reliable, Patterson is not that guy. I believe he is cut.

The raps on Michael Thomas from the 49ers Practice Squad are pretty good. He is RJ Stanford's likely immediate replacement but he could be good. (Ex Stanford Safety)

Anybody willing to cut Patterson are clowns. This guy played just as good if not BETTER than Brent Grimes when he was healthy. Injuries are fluky things, and they could happen to anybody in this sport. I don't really buy the injury prone theory in football. EVERYONE will get injured playing this game. Some people are lucky some not so much. I'm all for the accumulation of talent. Yes Carroll is playing well, but he's not better than a healthy Patterson. Now Imagine a secondary with Grimes a healthy Patterson and Carroll playing the slot. With the rookies coming in in dime situations and if someone goes down. Look at the seahawks secondary.. seems like they ALL can play. No weak links. That's how you build champions. I wish we would have done this with Reggie Bush, our backfield would look a whole lot better right now. KEEP PROVEN PLAYMAKERS.

Back
Top Bottom