Disgusted by the REFs! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Disgusted by the REFs!

In the course of the season, there will always be calls for and against us that even out by years end. However, what we have witnessed this season is terrible calls at pivotal moments. Against the Bills:

• On the late PI call at the most crucial moment was a very questionable call. Looking at the replay the flag was in the air already thrown before our CB even made contact with the receiver. Either it was pre-ordained to make this call or it was an illegal contact after 5 yards instead of a spot foul. The interference was very questionable, and the ball was not catchable.
  • No intentional grounding by Allen when he hit his lineman in the foot??? Was he an eligible receiver?
  • No pass interference on our guys when clearly their guys hit or made contact before the ball arrived? Specifically, the one to Wilson Jr.
  • Countless contact downfield against Hill and Waddle not called.
  • Allen's hit on the sideline was not roughing. In fact, it appeared on many replays that Roberts was trying to hold Allen up. Another questionable call but I could accept that one given the contact outside of the lines.
  • What about when Tua ran and slipped head first (not attempting to slide) and slid for 2-3 yards before anyone touched him. Why is the ball not marked where he was touched and not where he fell?
I am not going to question our coaching decisions in hindsight. We probably should have ran the ball more on 3rd and short and when the snow began to fall. However, the strength of our team has always been our receivers and until this game we struggled running for short yardage.

Tua and Mostert came to play. This game is not on Tua. Very poor officiating at pivotal moments changed the game.

Sorry if this has been posted but I had to vent.
The NFL lacks integrity is my take in all of this, and they like it that way, controlling the use of the flag is key to controlling an outcome, the ability to pick and choose on a game to game basis.

To us, is a pie in our faces with a bad smell, an obvious manipulation of the rules that clearly leaves a bad taste in our mouths questioning how in the heck did they not see what it’s clearly in plain sight. How does it not apply to one team but it does the other?

Well, they would say it was a human error. I would say it is a business decision, wink wink.

Until they create a system where pass interference, holding, amongst other violations can be challenged and rectified on the fly with a replay of some sort, it will never be, nor will it feel legitimate.

But do they care about how we see things, or our complaints?

Not really, not as long as they know they have us by the balls, with an addiction that would need a mass defection from their product to impact their bottom line ($) and dictate change.

For now and forever, we suck it up!

That PI makes me not want to watch anymore. NFL is a joke. It might have been a penalty, still not sure of PI maybe a hold either way you don’t call that after letting them be physical all game. It was a tie game not like one team was losing and driving, in a tie you let them play especially after what occurred all game. In of the day if we don’t let them score before half or sherfield holds that easy td then we aren’t worrying about the refs. With that said they played very well, it sucks losing 3 straight however all 3 were tough games and all 3 had maybe a play or two that could have changed the outcome to a win for us. Just need to win 2 out of 3 sneak into the playoffs and correct and execute those little things that could have made a difference.
Trying to be objective. The PI was kinda PI in that he didn’t turn his head BUT, that ball wasn’t catchable as it was just a prayer heaved up under duress and Kohou was between the ball and Davis and no way Davis was going to be able to make a serious play on it. That said, this happens every game to every team - see the Vikes on the scoop and score. That they still won isn’t the point. The officials in the NFL are certifiably terrible and have been getting worse over the years as the rules become more nuanced and more subjective

It’s a shame Mark Sanchez was doing our game and not Tony Romo.

Romo would’ve pointed out all the mistakes.

Every pass breakup Tre’Davious White had in the first half was a penalty. And they purposely didn’t show the replays.

That late hit on Elandon Roberts need to be sent to the league office. Roberts did nothing wrong yet he got clobbered and they gave Buffalo 15 yards to help them tie the game.

In the course of the season, there will always be calls for and against us that even out by years end. However, what we have witnessed this season is terrible calls at pivotal moments. Against the Bills:

• On the late PI call at the most crucial moment was a very questionable call. Looking at the replay the flag was in the air already thrown before our CB even made contact with the receiver. Either it was pre-ordained to make this call or it was an illegal contact after 5 yards instead of a spot foul. The interference was very questionable, and the ball was not catchable.
  • No intentional grounding by Allen when he hit his lineman in the foot??? Was he an eligible receiver?
  • No pass interference on our guys when clearly their guys hit or made contact before the ball arrived? Specifically, the one to Wilson Jr.
  • Countless contact downfield against Hill and Waddle not called.
  • Allen's hit on the sideline was not roughing. In fact, it appeared on many replays that Roberts was trying to hold Allen up. Another questionable call but I could accept that one given the contact outside of the lines.
  • What about when Tua ran and slipped head first (not attempting to slide) and slid for 2-3 yards before anyone touched him. Why is the ball not marked where he was touched and not where he fell?
I am not going to question our coaching decisions in hindsight. We probably should have ran the ball more on 3rd and short and when the snow began to fall. However, the strength of our team has always been our receivers and until this game we struggled running for short yardage.

Tua and Mostert came to play. This game is not on Tua. Very poor officiating at pivotal moments changed the game.

Sorry if this has been posted but I had to vent.
You can complain about the refs all you want, at the end of the season it all balances out. However, I really don’t think we should have been in position to have to rely on the refs to make a call. We’re just not good enough
The NFL is a very flawed product. You want decent officiating then watch hockey, I do and for the most part they are spot on. Problem is with the NFL, we have 65 year old refs running around out there

Nothing is worse than the late hit penalty.

Elandon Roberts gets clobbered and Buffalo gets 15 yards to help them tie the game?

Our franchise doesn’t get respect. I bet Stephen Ross doesn’t even know about these plays. The weasel jackass owner needs to blast the league office.

You can complain about the refs all you want, at the end of the season it all balances out. However, I really don’t think we should have been in position to have to rely on the refs to make a call. We’re just not good enough
The NFL is a very flawed product. You want decent officiating then watch hockey, I do and for the most part they are spot on. Problem is with the NFL, we have 65 year old refs running around out there
What???
Have you played the game?
If you have, then you know it is a game of inches for a reason. A hold here, a push there etc, you are playing an equal opponent to say the least. So yes to be in position to win, one needs equal opportunities on an equal grown, wouldn’t you think?

What???
If you have, then you know it is a game of inches for a reason. A hold here, a push there etc, you are playing an equal opponent to say the least. So yes to be in position to win, one needs equal opportunities on an equal grown, wouldn’t you think?
Dumb comment, you don’t know me. I played fours years of high school ball and a year of college ball and an amateur league for two years. I know how the game works. With that said I’m smart enough to realize our coach out-coaches himself repeatedl. And that ain’t pretty and sooner or later you will lose the room.

I do not believe it balances out
Not even close
We get screwed all the time and it's rare we get a gimmie

Nothing is worse than the late hit penalty.

Elandon Roberts gets clobbered and Buffalo gets 15 yards to help them tie the game?

Our franchise doesn’t get respect. I bet Stephen Ross doesn’t even know about these plays. The weasel jackass owner needs to blast the league office.
The league officials and their prestigious office is in it. Let’s not kid ourselves.

What???
And as far as the refs, it is a very flawed league, the NFL is not a good product right now. Penalties balance out though that much is clear

Back
Top Bottom