Disgusted by the REFs! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Disgusted by the REFs!

Dumb comment, you don’t know me. I played fours years of high school ball and a year of college ball and an amateur league for two years. I know how the game works. With that said I’m smart enough to realize our coach out-coaches himself repeatedl. And that ain’t pretty and sooner or later you will lose the room.
The comment is not to disrespect you personally, but a general observation of how things can be manipulated by the mere control of a flag.

So you have played the game and I’m pretty sure you know how difficult it’s to catch a hard thrown pass running full speed, add someone grabbing and pushing you to distract your concentration.

Yes I understand where you’re coming from regarding some of the play calling, and I’m I truly agree, but the other coach made some questionable calls as well, and when all was said and done, it was the referees deciding a competitive game.

That’s on the refs as much or more than the fans. Fans are idiots. If nobody’s doing anything about it, why wouldn’t fans throw snowballs?

The refs should’ve called a personal foul when there were dozens of snowballs coming down and legitimately impacting play on that one red zone drive. Then they should’ve called another every single time a snowball touched the field.

It was stated, multiple times that the Dolphins bench was getting pelted with snowballs.

They made it a point to identify these snowballs had ice making them even harder.

The fact only 1 15 yard penalty was called was a disgrace to the league that claims to care about player safety

And as far as the refs, it is a very flawed league, the NFL is not a good product right now. Penalties balance out though that much is clear
And that is why they need to implement a system of verification, whether it’s via replay, sensor or whatever, but if the league is flawed and they charge for a product that relies on its integrity, then they are required with today’s current technology to implement such upgrades.

And that is why they need to implement a system of verification, whether it’s via replay, sensor or whatever, but if the league is flawed and they charge for a product that relies on its integrity, then they are required with today’s current technology to implement such upgrades.
Totally agree. And the NFL makes the most money out of all the sports yet the powers that be are pretty dumb and slow to fix things

Hahaha the referee is right in front of the play, right in front if it.
Let that register folks, these ARE paid professional officials that train to see such things. No way in a cold hell this guy did not see it, NO WAY!

How much you wanna bet that's the same refs who was claiming PI on that last drive? Lo

In the course of the season, there will always be calls for and against us that even out by years end. However, what we have witnessed this season is terrible calls at pivotal moments. Against the Bills:

• On the late PI call at the most crucial moment was a very questionable call. Looking at the replay the flag was in the air already thrown before our CB even made contact with the receiver. Either it was pre-ordained to make this call or it was an illegal contact after 5 yards instead of a spot foul. The interference was very questionable, and the ball was not catchable. Was PI also was holding. Defender just needs to turn around and look for the ball and it doesn’t get called.

• No intentional grounding by Allen when he hit his lineman in the foot??? Was he an eligible receiver? Cook was in the area. Not grounding. Should have been called illegal touching. However the Refs explained they thought the ball hit Chubb’s helmet first.

• No pass interference on our guys when clearly their guys hit or made contact before the ball arrived? Specifically, the one to Wilson Jr. Bills got away with one. Not sure if this specific play. But the Tyreek one on the out Elam was there easy.

• Countless contact downfield against Hill and Waddle not called. Went Both ways to be honest your DBs were grabby as well. This is actually a really good officiating crew.

• Allen's hit on the sideline was not roughing. In fact, it appeared on many replays that Roberts was trying to hold Allen up. Another questionable call but I could accept that one given the contact outside of the lines. It was the nature of the rule. Players get called all the time for these penalties when looking like trying to hold them up.

• What about when Tua ran and slipped head first (not attempting to slide) and slid for 2-3 yards before anyone touched him. Why is the ball not marked where he was touched and not where he fell? Because the rule is the QB marks down when they begin to go to the ground. This was a QB safety thing and has been for years.
I am not going to question our coaching decisions in hindsight. We probably should have ran the ball more on 3rd and short and when the snow began to fall. However, the strength of our team has always been our receivers and until this game we struggled running for short yardage. You should absolutely blame the coaching decisions here. The one time you did run it on 3rd and short you picked up 3 and got it.

Tua and Mostert came to play. This game is not on Tua. Very poor officiating at pivotal moments changed the game.

Sorry if this has been posted but I had to vent.

Listen, it's clear the NFL doesn't want replay on fouls.

Therefor, there should be a serious rule change.

Since games get decided on questionable PI calls,the league should seriously change the penalty.

Follow college.

Rather than a spot foul, it's a 10 yard penalty and 1st down.

This way teams throwing up a prayer don't get bailed out on an uncatchable ball with a PI call.

EVERY SINGLE HAIL MARY has more contact and interference.
Why do they never call PI there?

We know why. It's the same reason that PI should not have been called there.

This is how defenses have been playing the Fins the last 2 weeks and been getting away with it... I wouldn't care they called it the same on both teams, I like physical football, but its not the case.
Good point, teams figured out that they would rather take chances with PI than to give them open catches. It's sickening, they should call them fairly... they just love the dramatic late whistles that make the games controversial. WWE style , unbelievable. People bet on these games and having the refs influence games like this is pathetic.

The comment is not to disrespect you personally, but a general observation of how things can be manipulated by the mere control of a flag.

So you have played the game and I’m pretty sure you know how difficult it’s to catch a hard thrown pass running full speed, add someone grabbing and pushing you to distract your concentration.

Yes I understand where you’re coming from regarding some of the play calling, and I’m I truly agree, but the other coach made some questionable calls as well, and when all was said and done, it was the referees deciding a competitive game.
Yes, I do know what goes into game planning of course on the smaller scale I played in. But when refs made bad calls on my teams we really moved on and forgot about two minutes later it was never really an excuse. The fans hold on to it longer than the players

Snowballs can injure now?
If you dont stop at snowballs next will be batteries. Oh wait, Philly already owns the rights to that.

Seriously though, if you think there is nothing wrong with fans throwing things on the field of play, I dont know what to tell you man.

I thought you were smarter than that.

Was coming here to post something similar.

I hate blaming refs but this seemed particularly brutal.

Fer reference this wasn't a penalty (see photo)

With all the money and tech how does the NFL not fix this garbage?

Is the NFL rigged? Probably not but def influenced.
This absolutely should have been called. It was missed. And a reason it likely was missed is Elams head turned back to the ball. That’s all your DB had to do late. Turn his head.

How much you wanna bet that's the same refs who was claiming PI on that last drive? Lo
Why wouldn’t I be surprised lol?
Look folks, these things at this level are not happening by accident.
Billions of dollars are flowing, and are we really naïve to think they don’t have the training, technology, system etc etc etc, to tackle (no pun intended) any of such issues?
Of course they do lol

Listen, it's clear the NFL doesn't want replay on fouls.

Therefor, there should be a serious rule change.

Since games get decided on questionable PI calls,the league should seriously change the penalty.

Follow college.

Rather than a spot foul, it's a 10 yard penalty and 1st down.

This way teams throwing up a prayer don't get bailed out on an uncatchable ball with a PI call.

EVERY SINGLE HAIL MARY has more contact and interference.
Why do they never call PI there?

We know why. It's the same reason that PI should not have been called there.
This change will never happen. Because more teams will absolutely PI. About to get smoked make a tackle take the 10. Vs the spot foul.

Your DB has to be smarter. He turns his head back to the ball the contact doesn’t get flagged.

This change will never happen. Because more teams will absolutely PI. About to get smoked make a tackle take the 10. Vs the spot foul.

Your DB has to be smarter. He turns his head back to the ball the contact doesn’t get flagged.
How about those blatantly PIs early in the game against us? Why don't you be objective about it. Doesn't suit ilyir narrative I guess. I tell you what it is, it's horseshit is what it is.

Back
Top Bottom