Disgusted by the REFs! | Page 30 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Disgusted by the REFs!

The NFL absolutely has to make changes. It's not just that calls are being missed against the Dolphins. This is a league wide problem.

There are games that are almost unwatchable due to the ineptitude of officials. Simply put, too many games are decided by officials rather than players.

The intentional grounding call is an easy one to make. The parameters for this are really simple and, so, that non-call against Josh Allen is really inexcusable. Not sure Buffalo doesn’t win the game anyway, but that's not the point.

There are phantom calls in virtually every game too, where the cameras clearly show there is no foul. That's a bad look for the NFL and brings out the conspiracy theories, or the game is fixed argument.

As an aside, I don't know what can be done on those cheap PI calls late in the game. Kohou clearly ran into the receiver so I'm not disputing the call. But we see that across the NFL as well. I guess that comes down to corners being more alert. But I think that might have fallen into an uncatchable ball category.
I agree. It’s so bad this year all over. I couldn’t believe my eyes in the Vikings game where the RB fumbles while still standing up and they ruled down by contact. Meanwhile the Vikings DB had run the fumble back for a TD. In frustration he takes his helmet off and gets a 15 yard penalty to add insult to injury. How they ruled down by contact when the ball FLEW out w him still standing upright is horrid. Every week we see this crap. Jalen Phillips against the Chargers or Grady Jareet on Brady - terrible! They are deciding games w inept calls week in and out. And it gets worse each year. As for the Bills game, each team was flagged the same amount of times. I don’t know that they missed more for us than them. But in general, the incompetence level is off the charts

So then a majority of the missed calls were not in Bills favor. Thanks for that confirmation.
I do think the majority of missed calls went against the Dolphins. Would it have made a difference in the outcome? I don't know.

A couple of big ones went Buffalo's way for sure. The illegal grounding missed call is particularly hard to defend. If that's not grounding, might as well take it out of the rule book.

No question a great game. Big plays by Josh Allen with the game on the line, converting on 3rd an 17 etc. I just wish it was better officiated.

For Dolphins fans it comes on the heels of a loss to SF, where there was a phantom holding call on what would have been Miami's biggest run gain. The result? Miami would have been in FG range, but instead had to punt. There was also a tripping call against the Dolphins when the replay showed it was really on Trent Williams of the 49ers. There was a play where Kittle lined up at least a yard offsides and it wasn't called. Just a really poorly officiated game that literally took momentum away from Miami.

It's never easy to lose, but I do think the NFL needs to do better with officiating.

He comes in, as a stealthy troll with subtle hints of his gloating all throughout his post. I wonder if the Bills were a losing team if he'd be in here? I doubt it. As a long time Finheaven poster, I've grown tired of it.
He’s here win or lose. He was even here real time during the crazy game w the chiefs in the playoffs last year and took that loss better than I would have to be honest. He’s consistent.

I do enjoy knowing we have a home field playoff game locked in before Christmas. And in control of our own destiny to have the AFC playoffs to run through Highmark

Like you did last year when your team fell on their face in an away game.

I guess your team's only chance of winning is to hopefully keep the #1 position...I get it.

I do think the majority of missed calls went against the Dolphins. Would it have made a difference in the outcome? I don't know.

A couple of big ones went Buffalo's way for sure. The illegal grounding missed call is particularly hard to defend. If that's not grounding, might as well take it out of the rule book.

No question a great game. Big plays by Josh Allen with the game on the line, converting on 3rd an 17 etc. I just wish it was better officiated.

For Dolphins fans it comes on the heels of a loss to SF, where there was a phantom holding call on what would have been Miami's biggest run gain. The result? Miami would have been in FG range, but instead had to punt. There was also a tripping call against the Dolphins when the replay showed it was really on Trent Williams of the 49ers. There was a play where Kittle lined up at least a yard offsides and it wasn't called. Just a really poorly officiated game that literally took momentum away from Miami.

It's never easy to lose, but I do think the NFL needs to do better with officiating.
I can get on the grounding now call. But at the same time that same player in the area have been used for Decades. The top end QBs just point and the flag never comes or gets picked up. Has happened forever.

And Kittle caught the ball on that play to convert a key 3rd down - that was bad

Back
Top Bottom