DJ Fluker transformed | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DJ Fluker transformed

If Eichenberg is a day one starter, and at least league average, then Hunt will make our Right side VERY strong-- maybe even dominant.

I think Jackson is going to surprise the Hell out of a lot of people, so the position I am most concerned about is Kindley's. Right now, that is the position that worries me.
kindley and Skursy are the big question marks for sure (for vastly different reasons).

fingers crossed.

I like the fact that right now if any of the young projected starters should struggle we have Davis, Fluker and Elumenuer in reserve to help out. It will really be nice if the two rookies Jones and Coleman are looking roster worthy out the gate. if that's the case the team should be able to find 3 or 4 decent starters in current oline group and may 1 or 2 stop gap types to hold down the job until long term solutionsa re found for those remaining spots.
that's Offensive Rookie of the Year Candidate Larnel Coleman! (he will lose to Gerrid Doaks)

kindley and Skursy are the big question marks for sure (for vastly different reasons).

fingers crossed.
Man. You guys sure are confident in Eichenberg. I hope you're right. I want to win, and win a lot, and I don't want to wait until we use (and develop) the guys we get with X's draft trade. ...That is if we don't keep him, which I still hold a bit of hope for...

Man. You guys sure are confident in Eichenberg. I hope you're right. I want to win, and win a lot, and I don't want to wait until we use (and develop) the guys we get with X's draft trade. ...That is if we don't keep him, which I still hold a bit of hope for...
I liked Eichenberg even before we drafted him. He was the type of RT that I thought we needed with a left handed QB. He has good, but maybe not great feet and could likely play OLT, but also is known as a strong run blocker-- which is more of what RTs are usually known for. So, I saw him as a tweener type, and that fit what I wanted for Tua-- a guy who could man the blind side, but not give up too much in the run game.
Placing him next to run-first Hunt and I think we have a pair made in football heaven. Yes, Penei would have been better, but Eichenberg was in the next tier, and giving Tua a line that can help his confidence was my number 1 offseason goal. I knew we'd bring in some receivers, but I had feared that we'd put off bringing in a real Right Tackle and would continue to pretend that Hunt was that guy. This is still a passing league and your Tackles have GOT to stop the edge guys from killing your QB, that will always be the second most important part of a modern offense (next to having the QB to begin with).

Yes, I'm VERY high on Eichenberg... even if he struggles a bit in his first year. Rookies do that.

I liked Eichenberg even before we drafted him. He was the type of RT that I thought we needed with a left handed QB. He has good, but maybe not great feet and could likely play OLT, but also is known as a strong run blocker-- which is more of what RTs are usually known for. So, I saw him as a tweener type, and that fit what I wanted for Tua-- a guy who could man the blind side, but not give up too much in the run game.
Placing him next to run-first Hunt and I think we have a pair made in football heaven. Yes, Penei would have been better, but Eichenberg was in the next tier, and giving Tua a line that can help his confidence was my number 1 offseason goal. I knew we'd bring in some receivers, but I had feared that we'd put off bringing in a real Right Tackle and would continue to pretend that Hunt was that guy. This is still a passing league and your Tackles have GOT to stop the edge guys from killing your QB, that will always be the second most important part of a modern offense (next to having the QB to begin with).

Yes, I'm VERY high on Eichenberg... even if he struggles a bit in his first year. Rookies do that.
I was thinking along the same lines for who I wanted at RT if we were to move Hunt. I was pulling for Tevon Jenkins but after watching some tape on Eich I think we got what we needed. Looking forward to him solidifying that spot.

I was thinking along the same lines for who I wanted at RT if we were to move Hunt. I was pulling for Tevon Jenkins but after watching some tape on Eich I think we got what we needed. Looking forward to him solidifying that spot.
Jenkins was the other player that I liked there. I had them ranked equally... sometimes I took one (in mocks), sometimes the other. They are, obviously, more knowledgeable than I am, so I'm happy.

Back
Top Bottom