Do not overlook Buffalo | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do not overlook Buffalo

I have been thinking the same thing....the Bills always seem to turn it up a notch when they play us, no matter how much they suck. A few big play early in the game and the crowd gets into it...just a little nervous. I have no doubt that Miami is the better team, just opening day nerves I guess.

if we want to be contenders, we have to beat them. plain and simple. everything is stacked up against them. Jackson and Lynch injured. questions along the OL. change of defense. now i read their TE will be suspended for the first 4 games. there's absolutely no excuse for losing that game

i just don't see how the bills are gonna stop the run...where's the big time talent in the front 7??? i don't see it

and i think edwards is gonna be on ir behind that oline by week 6...

By all rights we should beat this team by a comfortable margin. If Buffalo were to steal one from the Pats or Jets later in the year, having lost week one would flush that gift down the toilet.

If you are afraid of the Bills, that means you don't think we have a good team. I think we have a good team, so I am not real concerned with Week 1.

I'm with you on this one. However, I want to see Miami come out fast and not let Buffalo hang around until late in the game before we put them away.

- We suck in Buffalo, the last time we beat the Bills in a home game was in Toronto in 2008. The last time before that was 2003. We have lost to some unspectacular Bills teams in that time.
- Nobody knows what to expect from them, new coach, new scheme no film.
- Gailey is a gadget play guy, we have some young aggressive defenders who could get caught with their pants down. If the Bills hit on a couple of gadget plays that could change the whole complexion of the game.
- Lots of film on our young QB, they could see something that makes him a pick machine.
- A game Bills team, with little talent, should have won in Foxboro last year. It’s week one everyone feels they have a chance.

With all that being said I believe we win the game, should win handily, but I’m sure it will be a dog fight because that’s just the way Miami likes to do things. Nothing would shock me though and this has nothing to do with preseason. I’m definetly a preseason means nothing type of guy but it would be cool if we could look sharp once and awhile. Look at NE, 2 TD’s by their number 1’s, I’d take 2 field goals.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still remember the opening day game against Houston a few years back when we ended up losing (with a lot of help from the refs) & a Houston player said after the game, our DE at the time, Jay Williams, asked him if he was ready for the "scrimmage". I would hope that there isn't even ONE player on this team that would take a win from ANY team in this league for granted or, as Jay Williams referred to the game, a "scrimmage". And the loss that year was even worse for me since I live in Houston, & returning to work that Monday every idiotic Texan fan had something to say about that game. It stills bothers me to no end that every time we play the Texans, we end up losing by 1 or 2 pts.

I still remember the opening day game against Houston a few years back when we ended up losing (with a lot of help from the refs) & a Houston player said after the game, our DE at the time, Jay Williams, asked him if he was ready for the "scrimmage". I would hope that there isn't even ONE player on this team that would take a win from ANY team in this league for granted or, as Jay Williams referred to the game, a "scrimmage". And the loss that year was even worse for me since I live in Houston, & returning to work that Monday every idiotic Texan fan had something to say about that game. It stills bothers me to no end that every time we play the Texans, we end up losing by 1 or 2 pts.

Yeah David Carr and Corey Bradford went off and Chester Pitts domintaed JT one on one.

if Buffalo opens up holes against our defense like Spiller had on that TD, then we are in a big world of hurt anyways

Back
Top Bottom