Do u sign Flynn tomorrow or wait for Manning? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do u sign Flynn tomorrow or wait for Manning?

whodizking

Rookie
Reaction score
I really want Manning as bad as the next person but I feel Matt Flynn will be gone very fast if Miami doesn't go after him. As much as Manning makes us great and fits in, Flynn is a perfect fit for Shermans west coast offense and also becuz he worked for Coach Philibin.

What do u do???? If u go Flynn u might attack certain FA and if u go Manning u might go another way like WR Wayne.

If you wait u might lose Flynn and Manning and Draft all u got is Tannehill or Weeden and bought have huge questions about them from WR converted back to QB who throws stupid throws at times but huge talent or a more experienced QB who's age downgrades his overall Potential peak.

Lastly we might just have lil Matt Moore leading us and for some that might work and it might if we WIN but it will still kill the interest in this team for many Miami fans and still be looked at as 3rd sports team in Miami behind Heat and Marlins.

Please debate thanks ;)

Flynn, nuff said. This franchise cannot let people continue to dick around with them and lead them on. If Peyton wanted to be a Dolphin, he would have met with the team by now.

IMO we can wait as long as late in the day Wed to move away from Manning, if he hasn't given us a solid opinion when he is going to decide.

Every report I've read or heard says Flynn is willing to wait for the Manning situation to be settled.

I want manning but the smart choice imo is to go after flynn i just dont think manning will be a phin. I think flynn would definitely sign here and i think its for best of miami. Yes manning would be the better choice but we cant wait for someone to make a decision when we could lose out on another potential qb also if manning doesnt sign

IMO we can wait as long as late in the day Wed to move away from Manning, if he hasn't given us a solid opinion when he is going to decide.

Every report I've read or heard says Flynn is willing to wait for the Manning situation to be settled.

I might not be in the know but where did u read that ???

If Philbin wants Flynn we bring him in and let him know that and hopefully he feels some loyalty to his old coach.

Philbin should get on the phone and ask Flynn to just hold off a few days if he gets an offer, and say we will match whatever he is offered plus get a nice bump, if things fall through with Manning. Flynn, might not like being put on hold like this, but if Philbin is straight up with him about this than there is no need for Flynn to rush into signing elsewhere. Flynn knows he is in the catbird seat after Manning gets his deal done.

I think Flynn will want to make a few visits to teams himself for the same reason Manning is. To check out what each team has to offer and to drive up the contract from the team he want to sign with. I don't think we will know anything until the end of the week about EITHER guy.

From Flynn’s standpoint, there shouldn’t be a rush to sign on Tuesday, especially if arguably you’re best suitor is interested but waiting on Manning.

The balls in Philbins court. I'd support any decisions he thinks is best for this team. If it's manning, I go with Manning. If it's Flynn, then damn it we go all in on Flynn.

I might not be in the know but where did u read that ???

About Flynn being willing to wait until after the Manning situation?

It was on ESPN and NFL Network all last week. As far as an article, shrug, don't remember.

It is being reported by Dave Hyde that Manning will meet with us around 2pm tomorrow, so I think that once Philbin get a good feeling on whether we are truly a contender for his services and would be a good fit he will then make a decision.

Yeah, I don't think Flynn is just going to sign with the first team that calls him. He's going to take the tour and find out what teams are willing to pay/do for him. I think we are the favorite spot for him, but he's not going to just hang out and wait for us to give him a call. Set up a time/date for him to come down and meet with us while this whole Manning thing plays out. I'm guessing we'll likely know by Tues/Wed if we are serious contenders or not with Manning and won't have to delay with Flynn (assuming that's who we want). We still don't know for sure if the FO wants Flynn.

Back
Top Bottom