Do u sign Flynn tomorrow or wait for Manning? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do u sign Flynn tomorrow or wait for Manning?

If, and I mean "IF" Philbin and the organization have labeled Flynn as a starting (Franchise type) QB in the NFL, They forget about Manning and sign Flynn tomorrow.

If, and I mean "IF" Philbin and the organization have labeled Flynn as a starting (Franchise type) QB in the NFL, They forget about Manning and sign Flynn tomorrow.

I agree, I mean it's hard to say he really is one. But if he has that potential then do so but u might draft a QB anyways too. If not then go all for Manning and say o well if u are stuck with Moore and maybe a rookie QB if Sherman believes in Tanne

Go after Flynn that fact that Manning won't meet with Ross speaks volumes. If he was serious about Miami would have set up visit and been done already this has courtesy visit written all over it and Flynn is a must at this point.

This.

Exactly, mostly if Philbin thinks Flynn could be something, we should pursue Manning just as a decoy and we should be negotiating for Flynn right now!

After you meet with Manning if you don't believe 100% Manning is coming, you call Flynn at 4:01PM and set up a meeting. If Manning is still "considering" the Dolphins, you tell him that you will wait for his final decision, but will make contingency plans because that is best for the franchise.

I agree. If Philbin is willing to bet his career in Miami on Flynn that should carry a lot of weight. And if the FO is on board with that, then if Manning hasn't said 'yes' by 4pm Tuesday, full court press for Flynn. Offer him more to take the contract the very first day. Don't let him leave town.

If Philbin is luke-warm towards Flynn, that's not enough. In that case, get ready to overpay in the draft for a guy who may not be worth trading up for, or wait till next year. Wouldn't that be exciting.

I really want Manning as bad as the next person but I feel Matt Flynn will be gone very fast if Miami doesn't go after him. As much as Manning makes us great and fits in, Flynn is a perfect fit for Shermans west coast offense and also becuz he worked for Coach Philibin.

What do u do???? If u go Flynn u might attack certain FA and if u go Manning u might go another way like WR Wayne.

If you wait u might lose Flynn and Manning and Draft all u got is Tannehill or Weeden and bought have huge questions about them from WR converted back to QB who throws stupid throws at times but huge talent or a more experienced QB who's age downgrades his overall Potential peak.

Lastly we might just have lil Matt Moore leading us and for some that might work and it might if we WIN but it will still kill the interest in this team for many Miami fans and still be looked at as 3rd sports team in Miami behind Heat and Marlins.

Please debate thanks ;)

Tannehill and Weeden both have more upside than Flynn. The only advantage with Flynn is that he has played in the NFL, but I don't see a guy with a high ceiling.
While its true that Tannehill needs some additional development, I think Weeden is already better than Flynn and would beat him out if they were on the same team.
If we don't get Manning, then I would hope the FO spends their available cap space on strengthening the defense/O-line and draft their own QB.

After you meet with Manning if you don't believe 100% Manning is coming, you call Flynn at 4:01PM and set up a meeting. If Manning is still "considering" the Dolphins, you tell him that you will wait for his final decision, but will make contingency plans because that is best for the franchise.

You took the words right out of my mouth. After 2 hrs Phil in should geta feel if manning is di*king us around and if so we negotiate with Flynn. If he is unsure just be frank with manning and ask him if he's leaning tOwards us or not. Again it's up to Philbin and Ireland if they want flynn or tannehill. I wish we could trade down 2x in first round and get tanne late in first but with Seattle and Cleve one of them will take him early.

I say definitely sign him, let him think no one is interested, that they are all waiting on Manning and go snatch up Flynn for cheaper. **** waiting on Manning.

I really want Manning as bad as the next person but I feel Matt Flynn will be gone very fast if Miami doesn't go after him. As much as Manning makes us great and fits in, Flynn is a perfect fit for Shermans west coast offense and also becuz he worked for Coach Philibin.

What do u do???? If u go Flynn u might attack certain FA and if u go Manning u might go another way like WR Wayne.

If you wait u might lose Flynn and Manning and Draft all u got is Tannehill or Weeden and bought have huge questions about them from WR converted back to QB who throws stupid throws at times but huge talent or a more experienced QB who's age downgrades his overall Potential peak.

Lastly we might just have lil Matt Moore leading us and for some that might work and it might if we WIN but it will still kill the interest in this team for many Miami fans and still be looked at as 3rd sports team in Miami behind Heat and Marlins.

Please debate thanks ;)

Lets hope so. Matt Flynn is no upgrade at the QB position for Miami. Lets all hope and pray we DO NOT go after Flynn.

NFLN just showed some of the games Flynn has played in, man I cannot believe how slow his throwing motion is.

Back
Top Bottom