Do u sign Flynn tomorrow or wait for Manning? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do u sign Flynn tomorrow or wait for Manning?

^ What he said. Go after Manning, Forget Flynn, Draft a pass rusher and Weeden.

Tannehill and Weeden both have more upside than Flynn. The only advantage with Flynn is that he has played in the NFL, but I don't see a guy with a high ceiling.
While its true that Tannehill needs some additional development, I think Weeden is already better than Flynn and would beat him out if they were on the same team.
If we don't get Manning, then I would hope the FO spends their available cap space on strengthening the defense/O-line and draft their own QB.

Flynn has 2 more nfl games under his belt than Tannehill and Weeden (and Luck and RG3, for that matter). True, it's a small sample size, but he did well. Record setting well. He played against legitimate nfl talent, and didn't curl up in the fetal position. He played better than John Beck, Chad Henne, Mark Sanchez( all picked much higher than him). Better than Jamarcus Russell, Alex Smith (both #1 overall picks). Not saying he's going to do it every game, but he did it in his only chances he's gotten. He played in more nfl games last year than any other of the top prospects, including Manning. And he did well. Record setting well.

so dump what some people estimate to be $50 million in a 7th rounder with two career starts and a 1-1 record?

I just don't see the logic there. if the contract is decent I'd go for it, as a plan B to peyton. But to reward a guy with that kind of nfl experience, seems ridiculous.

I preferred Flynn all along. So let Manning play with the other teams and let's move forward and sign a FA FS and RG. Then look to the draft.

Flynn sucks and will be a washout for whoever signs him.

They should sign Jason Campbell instead of Flynn, and if Manning doesn't work out they can still draft Tannehill or Weeden to compete with Moore and Campbell.

QB solved.

GO PHINS~!

Duh. I want an arm that gets us in the playoffs. :chuckle:

Back
Top Bottom